Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Putnam's DFHack scripts  (Read 119049 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Putnam's DFHack modder's utilities
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2013, 05:34:10 am »

Yes, that is absolutely possible. :)

You would need a "throwing glove" or something like that, to use a weapon to shoot these hand-bombs, but thats about it. The rest just works fine. The range would be quite big, and they fly in a straight line, not in an arc, so a "bomb fling/sling" should fit for this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Yeah, basically the way I was imagining was that you'd have a 'bomb case' weapon (in my head, they're shaped like primitive jar-and-stick grenades, because that's what they look like in FFXII) and then different shell casings with different reactions attached.  I figure the bomb case would probably act as a fairly small mace-type weapon (it's a hollowed club more or less) if you used it to bash somebody.

I'm just excited to see that there's now a fuller possibility for 'magical' materials and involved projectile forms.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2013, 12:08:30 am »

I think I will do something similar for my kobolds. Filled totem ammunition.

Weapon: (great) Totem-sling.
Ammo: (adjective) Totem.
Trappart: Booby-trap. (too big to be used by hand, but uses totems as ammo as well)
Totem Types: Fire, Poison, Acid, Crazed, Sleeping, Dust, Web, whatever.

I'll either use sling-skill for this, or make one free to use as "bombardier". Guess that will work. :) The low amount of totems will balance out how good the ammo will get.

EDIT: Putnam, what happens if I have a friendly, layer-linked civ that would normally never send caravans, and I do run "force caravan" on them? (I assume the answer is: I dont know, but nothing stops you from testing. But it doesnt hurt to ask)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:44:40 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2013, 02:40:14 pm »

Does the 'prospect all' function detect Demonic Fortresses on the embark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:50 pm »

Does the 'prospect all' function detect Demonic Fortresses on the embark?

You're in the wrong thread ;)

Also, you want "feature" for that.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »

Does (or could) the projectile expansion script work on materials emitted by interactions?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »

Definitely does.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

Updated everything that matters.

itemsyndrome now has arguments; enable or nothing (nothing at all, mind) for enabling, disable for disabling, numbers for setting how often the check should be done.

projectileExpansion now has enable and disable. Enable is required for this one.

Force no longer requires an argument for "force migrants".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »

Added moddable gods.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2013, 02:09:28 am »

Looks like fun. Any creature with [CREATURE_CLASS:DFHACK_GOD] can become an object of whorship?

I did strike a dead end on one of my ideas lately, the mortician/undertaker, I think I have to bother you with question about a script... if you remember the questions I posted in the modding questions thread... I wanted a workshop that runs a reaction that gives an interaction to the worker, that allows him to target nearby corpses and adds a syndrome... but corpses cant be targetted, wont retain the syndrome.

In the end I want an extra step before corpses are buried, otherwise they will turn into "heaps of maggots" or "wormfolk" that gets up from the grave and attacks you. But if you embalm/prepare a corpse in the workshop (or have the corpse lying next to it, a vaiable target for an interaction) then this cant happen... but just with raw modding this seems to be impossible. Maybe you have a better idea how feasable it is using a dfhack script.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2013, 02:11:31 am »

Not can become an object of worship, but will become a god. I'm not sure if they will actually be worshiped, though, which is an issue.

Also, that looks to be quite beyond my abilities, if it is feasible by itself.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2013, 03:01:48 am »

To be FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION, a corpse needs to have an upperbody.  Perhaps a script triggered by a reaction (never mind the interaction, this would have to be directly scripted) could search the area for any corpses and remove their upper bodies?  Then the "rise as maggots" reaction would need to require FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2013, 04:12:09 am »

Nah, thats not the problem. Raising them I can do, transforming them into maggots/wormfolk, no problem. The problem is stopping them from doing so. I thought about using CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS and give the mortician an interaction to target a nearby dwarven corpse and add this syndrome... but of course that wont work.

I can make a priest that blesses dwarves while they are still alive, so they wont turn into maggots/wormfolk, but I cant target corpses. I just wanted an extra step for burials, a small funeral industry so to speak.

@Putnam: If they cant be worshipped, what is the point of these gods? I assumed the goal was that dwarves in fortress mode show "is a worshipper of XYZ".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:59:21 am by Meph »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2013, 07:46:30 am »

You can add gods as worship targets from lua. Also bonus fun is adding fake identity (i.e. making one of your units a "living god"). Maybe some ascension mechanic for very epic magics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2013, 08:01:03 am »

A unit that becomes a living god, that would be fun. Awesome stories to be told. :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44