Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is best Korea

Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition  (Read 16313 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 propaganda appreciation: North Korea edition
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 12:25:21 pm »

Oh, Propaganda? I love me some propaganda, I am definitively watched this. I'll also see if I can't dig up some WWII Italian propaganda. If I remember correctly some of those things were pretty cool.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 12:30:03 pm »

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 12:57:19 pm »

So....absinthe was being replaced by pernicious eclairs?? I'm obviously missing something in translation here.
I think it was different brands of alcohols similar to absinthe. Though, I'm not very knowledgeable in 1910s alcohol/absinthe brands.
It's actually a pro absinthe poster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 01:00:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

North Koreans at the DMZ next to ROK and US soldiers. US and ROK soldiers at the DMZ are all at least 6" tall and DPRK sends its best fed and healthiest soldiers to keep good image. What is little known is that the above image is a photoshop by Western media.

North Korea strong.

Kim Jong-Un is the world's youngest head of state at around 30 years old. His public image is the stoic leader, rarely is he seen not being serious.

Kim Jong-Un showing he is a family man by posing next to your typical North Korean family unit. Common features for all politicians.

Ri Sol-Ju next to her husband Kim Jong-Un, out for a nice walk. She represents a resounding change from the attitudes of Kim Jong-Il's attitudes to keep his relationships secret, and represents Kim Jong-Un's readiness to mingle with the people much like his grandfather. Could be an actual change in policies, or powerful propaganda (at least to the North Koreans).

Kim Jong-Un has appeared to make several actions to reign in the North Korean military, removing some great financial benefits for generals, firing one and acknowledging mistakes of his predecessors.

This pic says it all really, Kim Jong-Il would have wanted Kim Jong-Nam to have succeeded him, but Kim Jong-Nam was a bro and screwed everything up by trying to go to Disneyland and doesn't afraid of North Korea.
Kim Jong-Un was considered too young and inexperienced, it was expected he would crumble in short time. He later gets a massive image boost.

Unusual for North Korean media, under Kim Jong-Un they've been more honest about their shortcomings (though brilliantly loud about their gains and still as capricious about their enemies as ever). This is probably in response to more North Koreans having more contact with South Korea / China / the world and becoming aware of their own country's failures. In short, North Korean news hides nothing from you, trust us, you don't want to move away!

Kim Jong-Un is the supreme commander of over 9 million troops, with 1.21 million active soldiers currently on exercise (which is what has everyone worried and watching for a southward march). It was feared he'd be clueless so he promptly set about establishing his reputation as a military leader by attacking South Korea twice (once with artillery, the other by sinking a South Korean ship). In this way Kim Jong-Un is the paradoxical progressive dear leader in the eyes of propaganda - kind and stern, stoic and capable. His cult personality and natural charisma goes at lengths to inspire loyalty in his citizens unseen anywhere except in football fans and anyone who reads gossip magazines.

Kim Jong-Un has also been practicing Mahjong so he can compete with Koizumi's skills in Japan.

-More to come-.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:00 pm »

Kim Jong-Un showing he is a family man by posing next to your typical North Korean family unit. Common features for all politicians.
Get your own family general ! With the fifth general bought, you get a free dictator !

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »

Not strictly about North Korea: this site that you may already know of has plenty of leaflets, postcards, posters and articles about psychological operations and propaganda.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:40 pm »

This'll be fun. PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »

For me, the best bit in the video posted on the first page is "this man awaits heroin".
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »

They look so happy!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »

Why the fuck does that first piece of propaganda mention snow so many times? What's wrong with snow? Why are weather patterns a sign of a nation's worth?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »

Why the fuck does that first piece of propaganda mention snow so many times? What's wrong with snow? Why are weather patterns a sign of a nation's worth?
Hey, be happy you can make snow-coffee. Imagine USA wouldn't have snow all year long, what would they drink ?  :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

Hey, be happy you can make snow-coffee. Imagine USA wouldn't have snow all year long, what would they drink ?  :P
The blood of birds, which are yummy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 07:39:00 pm »

My serious theory: Since the video is targeted at North Koreans, it plays in part on things North Koreans can relate to. In NK, snow (or any bad weather in general) means famine and cold for a large part of the population. And now I wonder what the birdlife there is like.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »

A squirrel and a hedgehog.

What starts off as a metaphor for independent military strength away from PRC made in the 50's turns into a new North Korea Disney clone made in the 90's for children that basically says America will kill all your loved ones and cherish your leader above all.

Hilariously later on the American animal analogues become increasingly more badass when viewed from a Western perspective so alien from a NK audience's values.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10