Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Taking Modding Requests  (Read 10070 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Modding Requests
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 11:54:35 pm »

Code: [Select]
[BODY:ARM_TONGUE]
[BP:TONGUE:tonguearm:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]
[BP:WRIST_TONGUE]
[BP:TONGUE:tongue split:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
[BP:HAND_TONGUE:tonguehand:STP][CON:TOKEN][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL][GRASP]
[BODY:WRIST_TONGUE]
[BP:TONGUE:tongue split:STP][CON:TOKEN][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
Was that too many tabs?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:02:28 am by GuesssWho »
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 12:40:22 am »

I don't think you understand what BODY means.

BODY is the body token equivalent of CREATURE.

BP refers to each individual part in a BODY definition. You don't need the WRIST_TONGUE things at all, you need a first tongue split, second tongue split, first tonguehand, second tonguehand etc.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:59 am »

What is PTW?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 01:27:21 am »

Posting To Watch.

@Putnam: do you know what I want? If you do it might be easier to write it out for me, because I'm going to get a headache if I keep this up.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:31:19 am by GuesssWho »

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:14 am »

Posting To Watch.

@Putnam: do you know what I want? If you do it might be easier to write it out for me, because I'm going to get a headache if I keep this up.

Yeah.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:ARM_TONGUE]
[BP:TONGUE:tonguearm:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
[BP:TONGUE_SPLIT_ONE:tongue split:STP][CON:TONGUE][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
[BP:FIRST_HAND_TONGUE:tonguehand:STP][CON:TONGUE_SPLIT_ONE][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL][GRASP]
[BP:SECOND_HAND_TONGUE:tonguehand:STP][CON:TONGUE_SPLIT_ONE][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL][GRASP]
[BP:TONGUE_SPLIT_TWO:tongue split:STP][CON:TONGUE][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL]
[BP:THIRD_HAND_TONGUE:tonguehand:STP][CON:TONGUE_SPLIT_TWO][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL][GRASP]
[BP:FOURTH_HAND_TONGUE:tonguehand:STP][CON:TONGUE_SPLIT_TWO][CATEGORY:TONGUE][SMALL][GRASP]

The thing right after BP is called the token, which is what I was referring to with TOKEN. It has to be unique for all parts in a single BODY set. CON connects to things by that token.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 01:46:24 am »

Thanks.

Okay, then. Next question: can you have scales and fur on one creature?

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:00 am »

I want Gundam.

Make it so.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 09:55:41 am »

First thing, holy cow at number of replies overnight! I slept in though.
Second, thnks to putnam for basically being a total boss and helping out when I am supposed to be doing the helping. :P
Third, I will work on the fur with scales thing. I mostly just test everything in arena and later on adventure, so it might take a while but I will try. Edit: do you want scales and fur both together, or scales on some parts, fur on other parts? I'm guessing the 2nd is easier, and I have an idea on how to do it.
Fourth, gundam? I am guessing you want an anime robot, but maybe a bit more specific?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:58:19 am by Werehuman »
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 11:22:14 am »

I want one a dwarf can go inside and then control. Doesn't matter which.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 12:38:02 pm »

Ok. Fairly sure that is impossible for modding. I am not a coder, so I can't just add that kind of new drastic changes to the game. I really do apologize, but it is far beyond my patience and skill level to do that. To have a dwarf control something, that would basically be an advanced mount. Modding cannot have stuff mount, it only happens with enemy civilizations when they siege your place. Even then, the creature doesn't control the mount, only moves with it. I could technically have another race mount these creatures, which would have to occur in the wild, because you can't have them made from nothing, especially in world gen. Thus, sorry. Unless you want it occurring as a wild animal as a mount for other races, or just as a pet, I can't help you.
+Signature+

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 01:28:28 pm »

Ok. Fairly sure that is impossible for modding. I am not a coder, so I can't just add that kind of new drastic changes to the game. I really do apologize, but it is far beyond my patience and skill level to do that. To have a dwarf control something, that would basically be an advanced mount. Modding cannot have stuff mount, it only happens with enemy civilizations when they siege your place. Even then, the creature doesn't control the mount, only moves with it. I could technically have another race mount these creatures, which would have to occur in the wild, because you can't have them made from nothing, especially in world gen. Thus, sorry. Unless you want it occurring as a wild animal as a mount for other races, or just as a pet, I can't help you.

Well I have achieved something like that with Tanks, using basic transformation syndromes and boiling rocks. It would be as simple as making a "Gundam" creature or dwarf caste with a bunch of weapons and a brain called "Driver", if that is what you are getting at.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »

Well I have achieved something like that with Tanks, using basic transformation syndromes and boiling rocks. It would be as simple as making a "Gundam" creature or dwarf caste with a bunch of weapons and a brain called "Driver", if that is what you are getting at.
This could work. QuiteFranklyMyMaN, how do you want it?
Edit:quoting fail
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:55:38 pm by Werehuman »
+Signature+

Wolfe M. Howler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »

I want to create a cat based military.

I am thinking that there will be three parts to it, a warrior cat, a mage cat, and an archer cat.

The cats could be created through a kennel or a new building.

The warrior cat is probably the easiest to make, simply add a [NOFEAR], and replace his scratching attack with a slash.

Archer cats attack by vomiting regenerating cat bone bolts at foes.

Mage cats are the most difficult, most likely being fire breathing or having a particularly fun syndrome dust attached to them.

On another topic, is it possible to change the diplomat's speech text? I kind of want to make the Elves normal whining into a song and dance number.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

I will work on the fur with scales thing. I mostly just test everything in arena and later on adventure, so it might take a while but I will try. Edit: do you want scales and fur both together, or scales on some parts, fur on other parts? I'm guessing the 2nd is easier, and I have an idea on how to do it.
Scales on the neck and tail, fur everywhere else.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 06:55:12 pm »

Make a Grotesque, a slime or blob monster that, while not innately good at injuring people, has secretions that transform victims into copies of itself over time. Poorly handled, your fort will suffer a cascade of slime infections; handled well, you won't loose anyone but the first wave of infected dwarves.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11