Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 539017 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSH visits the DMZ, somehow was not kidnapped [North Korea Thead]
« Reply #3120 on: June 24, 2014, 03:52:06 am »

it's a ridiculous day when somebody compares worstralia to best korea in the same post and same breath

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Or don't. All the same to me.

NK's reaction is hardly surprising, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Twin enemies of the people of Korea Seth Rogen and James Franco commit acts of extreme provocation and war against peace-loving Party Chairman Kim-Jong Un. Death to all Rogenists and Francists! Glory to the People's Democratic Republic of Korea! All of it's enemies shall be destroyed through the vigorous application of Juche philosophy!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The fact that they haven't reacted to the video game thus means that they approve of it?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

...when did I post in this thread?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

This is the standard North Korea thread, in one of it's many variations.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

This is the most hilarious North Korea drama in a while.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated.
Listening to NK government officials talk about anything is so surreal. Do they think this is fooling anyone outside NK? Is it just grandstanding for the "benefit" of the people? Was anyone involved with writing this official statement not brainwashed?

Also I was hoping that Kim Jong-Un would be played by James Franco before I watched the trailer.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Listening to NK government officials talk about anything is so surreal. Do they think this is fooling anyone outside NK? Is it just grandstanding for the "benefit" of the people? Was anyone involved with writing this official statement not brainwashed?

Also I was hoping that Kim Jong-Un would be played by James Franco before I watched the trailer.
I get the feeling it's not as far from normal as it sounds. Government entities and the like have this weird tendency to say things they either know is bullshit or should know is bullshit, but it's hard to tell because they're so detached and goal-oriented. Religious or similarly predisposed entities tend to say things that don't make normal sense because they make cultural sense.

So when you take NK, which is a hyper-isolated, hyper-tyrannical, hyper-Juche-oriented government that's been around a while... just the normal things governments say is likely going to be warped into Cheap Movie level dialogue all the time, as is certainly the case here. I don't know what they intend from it, but I get the feeling it might be, as government statements tend to be, not at all well thought out, whatever its purpose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

I get the feeling it's not as far from normal as it sounds. Government entities and the like have this weird tendency to say things they either know is bullshit or should know is bullshit, but it's hard to tell because they're so detached and goal-oriented. Religious or similarly predisposed entities tend to say things that don't make normal sense because they make cultural sense.

So when you take NK, which is a hyper-isolated, hyper-tyrannical, hyper-Juche-oriented government that's been around a while... just the normal things governments say is likely going to be warped into Cheap Movie level dialogue all the time, as is certainly the case here. I don't know what they intend from it, but I get the feeling it might be, as government statements tend to be, not at all well thought out, whatever its purpose.
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's just extra strange with North Korea, because things that "make cultural sense" are a product of their bizarre government-by-cult. It makes you wonder where the deceit ends, or if it even does end. Jong-Un is probably just as much a victim of propaganda as the rest of them.

Doesn't make the Bond villain act any less amusing of course.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I still wonder if anyone's pointed out to Jong-Un, or if he knows by other means, that the South Korean army has a bigger budget than his entire country... >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile

And risk being told to stand on the big red X? Probably not, no.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I still wonder if anyone's pointed out to Jong-Un, or if he knows by other means, that the South Korean army has a bigger budget than his entire country... >_>
I'm sure he knows. He's exploiting the US for aid by saber rattling, and that's pretty much that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated.

Probably about 75% bullshitting the north korean people/ keeping up appearances and 25% believing their own propaganda.

Most of the top levels of society know it's pretty much complete lies... but you can't live in a society like that, surrounded by it 24/7, without coming to believe at least a little bit and having a somewhat slanted view of things. Even for kim jong un, being worshipped practically as a god by everyone you ever come into contact with is going to screw with your worldview no matter how many undeniable facts you have at your disposal.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 341