Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness  (Read 42059 times)

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risk of Rain - Action Roguelikelike Goodness
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:50 pm »

http://46.38.233.95:11100/servers     . great server list
Im thinking about hosting a small server soon, i live in sweden

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2013, 03:47:13 am »

Well, my audio stopped working, won't work again, the there doesn't seem to be an answer on the internet. Just a repeated beta-dated quick patch that has been constantly found to not work.

Anyone else encounter this problem, and perhaps have found a bit of information that I haven't yet?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:05 am »

Well, there's this from the FAQ:
Q: No Audio Plays + Error Defining External Function

-Uninstall and reinstall Visual C++, included in the 'redist' folder or can be downloaded again at (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679)
        -Restart your computer
        -If running Windows 8, run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click -> Properties > Compatibility)
I had the same problem, but I just restarted my PC and it worked again. Maybe you'll have to go the extra mile.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2013, 01:04:02 pm »

I like what I've played of RoR so far, but man is the sporadic gamepad bugginess a bit frustrating. RoR just does not recognize my 360 gamepads on some computers, despite the gamepads working in every other game.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2013, 06:36:50 pm »

-Uninstall and reinstall Visual C++, included in the 'redist' folder or can be downloaded again at (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679)
        -Restart your computer
        -If running Windows 8, run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (right click -> Properties > Compatibility)
I had the same problem, but I just restarted my PC and it worked again. Maybe you'll have to go the extra mile.

You know, I specifically said that there was one repeated beta-dated fix that doesn't work just so people wouldn't copy and paste it on these forums.... You don't think I found that "fix" that shows up in every single forum? It doesn't work for everyone.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2013, 05:43:18 am »

-Restart your computer

You know, I specifically said that there was one repeated beta-dated fix that doesn't work just so people wouldn't copy and paste it on these forums.... You don't think I found that "fix" that shows up in every single forum? It doesn't work for everyone.
To my defense, you only mentioned a beta-dated quick patch. This isn't a patch and the FAQ doesn't have a date on it.
Sorry it doesn't work for you.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

So is it just me or is this game near-impossible if the game doesn't give you regen items?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »

So is it just me or is this game near-impossible if the game doesn't give you regen items?
It's not just you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »

I just got to within half of the last boss's health as the sniper.  He's not as bad as everyone says he is, although still definitely underpowered past the early game.

And this is coming from someone who's only beat the game once as Engi.  Granted, I had two in-the-bag runs that were ended by a glitch where putting my computer to sleep causes the game to vanish as if it were never open.  But one of those runs was as sniper, so, yeah.  I'd say he's definitely playable.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2013, 08:17:30 pm »

I like what I've played of RoR so far, but man is the sporadic gamepad bugginess a bit frustrating. RoR just does not recognize my 360 gamepads on some computers, despite the gamepads working in every other game.

For anyone having this gamepad issue, I've found a workaround that's worked on multiple machines with this problem.

On some setups with a 360 controller receiver, RoR sees the second controller connected as GamePad 1, and ignores the first controller entirely. Hook up a second controller and you're golden! Unknown if this means that the third controller is considered GamePad 2 by RoR.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

What if we have only one controller?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2014, 08:44:13 pm »

Help me. I am terrible at this game, I have never made it past the third stage with 6 hours played. I only have the shield user and the commando, the shield user get's me to the second stage 50% of the time, but I either have to race through the stage or I have to grub for money/items and then the game gets too hard. It's killing me. Is there anyway someone can give me a save file with another char unlocked? I know it's not any easier, but maybe I would do better with a different set of skills.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:49 pm »

http://www.filedropper.com/save_3

There's all characters and the vast majority of items, including the command module. Let me know if it doesn't work. File goes in the steam/steamapps/common/Risk of Rain folder.

For what it's worth, it took me a long time to figure out that hanging around to grind out items will kill you dead in the early game. You have to rush through the first few levels as fast as possible to get some boss loot, then you can farm up stuff if you want. You can also use boar beach to get... kinda crazy with gear.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »

You can also maybe check here if the save doesn't work for whatever reason.

Personally, I just pointed cheat engine at the game and gave myself infinite cash. Things became a lot more enjoyable after that :D

... though I did eventually go back and drop it normally on I think easy and normal or whatever those are. With archer lady and the robot, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2014, 09:06:19 pm »

Eh, all my unlocks are legit with in-game mechanics, though I admit I used the command module to figure out what everything does. There's also the fact that some classes are just crap, but commando and enforcer are two of the really strong ones.

I think it's a mindset and practice, really. After using the command module for a few games normal got tremendously boring so i just played with it off and still got some wins.

HAN-D is awesome for everything except the final boss. I tend to play the huntress, Acrid, and the engineer the most, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20