Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!  (Read 18617 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2013, 05:03:30 pm »

((Did you see my new sheet Tsuchi?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2013, 05:37:45 pm »

Should I post a new Warframe, hopefully one with better ammo capacity?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »

Bump.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:43 pm »

Just saying, fairly good idea.  PTW, even though I'll soon forget about this.  And
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

Coincidence that there is a game with the same name as this. 

Consider that a bump. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:52:48 am by alamoes »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2013, 11:40:01 pm »

Oh yeah, almost forgot about this. Hope it gets continued...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2013, 03:07:23 pm »

It will, but it will likely be down for a good bit on hiatus until my summer break. There's a good chance that some solid info about the next round crops up over the next week, but an actual turn might not crop up for a while yet. This RtD still holds a place on my list, though, so keep the fire going and I'll return when i can.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2013, 10:32:24 pm »

Bump because I love (not-so)giant robots.

Any thoughts about the upcoming match, what the companies may do to muck things up, or the supposed primary objective of killing some giant thing? Thoughts about various Warframe types that seem to work or don't work?

I personally think the upcoming match will be something spectacular, and who knows what might happen. I'm expecting secondary secret objectives to matches due to companies trying to dig up secrets or stuff. I'm also betting the thing we're supposedly going to kill is largely going to be ignored in favor of going after the guys with the most fire power. It seems to me that dodging is nice, but so is armor in that if you get it high enough you'd have to have explosives to harm them, but also that adaptability seems to be rather underused. I bet it can be used for some very nice things, but the no one really tinkers with it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

I have the brunt of the match and current-state-of-affairs worked out, but this is still on hiatus until summer break. Feel free to chat, or something, I welcome any and all bumps. You'll be fighting something collectively, but of the nine mechs up, only two will leave. This mode is called Nine Ball. The enemy mech has a few rules involved: it's powerful as hell, and has teamwork survival measures. It may be good to focus on the Nine Ball, but it will only attack something that attacks it unless nothing attacked it (where it will just attack whatever's easiest.) Survive by defeating the Nine Ball or slaying everyone else with it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »

Alright, what's the game plan here? Are we going to form an alliance and then battle royale later?
I guess we should form partners as well.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2013, 09:47:00 pm »

Nine Ball. Shit, I see what you did there and that only worries me greatly.

Yeah, seems underestimating the thing would go badly for us, if going by its name and what is hinted. Still brings up the question of what is more dangerous, the enemy mech or SPIRIT OF THE MOTHERLAND. Both are probably horrifying, no doubt.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2013, 09:50:32 pm »

If needed, I think I could take Destroyer. I'd been planning just in case that circumstance happened.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »

Nine Ball. Shit, I see what you did there and that only worries me greatly.

Yeah, seems underestimating the thing would go badly for us, if going by its name and what is hinted. Still brings up the question of what is more dangerous, the enemy mech or SPIRIT OF THE MOTHERLAND. Both are probably horrifying, no doubt.
Indeed, I'm wondering whether I should fire the SPIRIT OF THE MOTHERLAND first or wait until the enemy mech is dead before firing it. Both have positives and negatives, such as:
Positives: May deal significant damage to enemy mech
May kill other mechs so that I do not have to worry about them later
May be awesome

Negatives: May kill other mechs and make me have to attack the mech by myself
May miss the mech and leave me vulnerable while it cools down
May absolutely suck

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed that problem too. You could fire it, which could take out a lot of the competition, but that would leave you with a dinky pistol against what I will from now on call Nine ball. Do you want to take Nine Ball on with a pistol? Because I kind of doubt it would kill him, even with the atrocious damage that may or may not be done to it.

Your stuck in a situation of fire or don't fire. If you fire, it will undoubtedly piss off all the mech still alive, and there is assured to be a few left. If you don't fire, you can't do much else. While I dread saying this as it hurts my chances, your best bet might be saving it until the enemy mech is dead, or close to death. Its a bit of a Russian Roulette, with a bullet in every chamber but too many heads all around.

I personally think we should super focus on this new mech because its an unknown. To put it shortly, we won't know shit what it could do. It could be both super fast and have very heavy armor, which would make a large portion of us piss outta luck. It could be even more destructive than the Destroyer, if such a thing could be possible. It might be able to beat out Fat Man in a bass blasting contest for all I know. Simply put, we don't know anything about it, and that's dangerous. We know how dangerous the Destroyer is... But we don't know how dangerous the new guy is. Its a question between facing a machine gunner you know, or a sniper you don't know. Both are horrible, but one is in my opinion much worse.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:32 pm »

For one, I will be still alive, and I have more weapons than you. Instead of armor I have a wide variety of death-cheating systems.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2013, 11:01:15 pm »

Yeah, the death-defying abilities you got will definitely aid in your survival, although they act as an ablative armor of sorts. You're assured to live through a barrage from the SPIRIT OF THE MOTHERLAND however, I think. While it counts as a single attack, its actually a crap ton of missiles flying at you. The shield will protect you from it no doubt though. However, there will be enough mechs running around that you may run out. You've only got one shield, two uses of the super dodge, and one of the kamikaze drone. Once those run out its a bit like punching a hole through tin foil, no doubt. There's no such thing as a full-proof defense, sadly.

Ya only got two weapons, which is a fair bit more than some of what people have, but definitely not the most. A very solid, reliable rifle and a flamethrower. I'd call it piddly, but its frankly much better than the pistol, which has that sole moniker, as I believe it may go through armor. Or at least eat it up rather quicker than normal slugs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13