Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!  (Read 18618 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe Prototype - Welcome to Hell, Beta Tester!
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55:43 pm »

Nope. Nothing changes yet so long as you've got a sheet in- and really, if you don't have a sheet, this new thing really dosen't matter, as the actual making of is the same. It's more of a "Our designers tried to match what you wanted, but also did this to please our corporate overlords." Your stats may not match completely up to what you ordered, and if you don't care about the exactness, you can give me a range of stats (low = -1,-2, very low= -3,-4, average=1,0,-1, same with high (sans negatives))

It will make sense when the rest is fleshed out. Third group, you're reaping all the rewards.

A roll will be done to see how off center the actual stats are. Roll a 1, and your stats may or may not loosely resemble the ones you handed in. There's a lot more to this, including new win-conditions. More later. Expect a much more arena-y feel. The overlords are coming. They want your valuable science and data. And your soul. Mostly your data.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

Third group... Atom Bomb Missile Destroyer "I am become death, destroyer of arenas" block?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2013, 10:06:48 pm »

Nah. They get the other new features without any stat changes. The staat changes may or may not get implemented... at least once probably
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2013, 10:27:50 pm »

Ah, alright. Will we see a disconnect between the stats of the mech and the stats of the pilot come into play from this? I.E., stats the player hands in versus the stats they get as a warframe. I think I read somewhere the stats we handed in were a reflection of the pilot's stats... I may be mistaken.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »

Basically, I'm in corporating Companies. Companies fund you. They have control over your mech. If you want a certian kind of Warframe (because hypothetically that's what your pilot is good with) and you get a company that specializes in the crap you put negatives in, you'll have a bad time.

A few companies are done. Update will come through the week plus the new info, hopefully. Expect the weekend still, but hope. Have hope for this week.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2013, 08:24:35 pm »

You're incorporating companies?

I saw what you did there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

SAMPLER
The Small Fry
Companies able to fund at most one pilot alone. Often they work with sister companies or larger players to spread their tech around. Your actions can rest very heavily on their shoulders: their tech needs to be proven the best.
Hurricane LTD Makes powerful engines and generators and very aerodynamic parts. Known for parts that push speeds higher.
LYNX SYSTEMS Creates intuitive control software and cutting-edge pilot link systems. Parts from them boost reaction greatly.
Carbolite Co. Creates all sorts of alloys and new, lighter armors without sacrificing power. Their armor is strong without bulk.
Bernard & Felix Foundation A company that made a name for itself with incredibly durable, sturdy parts. It also does naval tech
Technocrat Builds motors and pilot link systems, they have a reputation for very adaptable applications for their parts.
Merrygate INC Makes questionably stable control systems for multiple weapons and docks to hold them. If you see a Warframe with more weapons than it has arms, Merrygate had something to do with it.

The Big Dogs
Coming Soon

The Overlords
Coming Soon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2013, 09:13:09 pm »

LYNX is, of course, Bobcat
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:46 pm »

LYNX is, of course, Bobcat

Nah. That's one of the refrences but it's one of the two "not right in your face" refrences."
I'll give you a hint. The two that are direct clones are right next to each other on the list, and they have a small refrence directly under them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »

Carbolite and B&F?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »

BFF and Technocrat. Merrygate and LYNX too, by extension. It's from a game very similar to this one- it has mecha, just, much larger.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »

Yeah, I'm terrible at references. Even if I know the subject matter, they still evade me. No idea.

Either way, very interesting and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this will play out. Will players in third block be granted a company, or will that just be for the winner?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2013, 01:45:33 am »

BFF and Technocrat.... I see what you did there, also an unintentional reference to Ms Merrygate perhaps?

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:11 am »

BFF and Technocrat.... I see what you did there, also an unintentional reference to Ms Merrygate perhaps?

Nope. Four refrences to the game- I was thinking about using Algebra as the speed company.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

UPDATE TIME. ALSO NOTE THAT THE NEXT TWO WEEKENDS WILL PROBABLY BE
wait for it
SUPER UPDATES TIME!

because I get Fridays off.

---
Vulcan 6
Drake   4
Valkyrie 3
((Note that Initiative is no longer tied in with Speed, due to the fact that it has more to do with the pilot than the mecha. This may change to include stats again at some point.))

The Vulcan blazes into action immediately, Lucius pissed off to the point of a suicidal charge! The Valkyrie raises her weapons but nowhere near fast enough as the Vulcan goes for a lightning-fast strike! (4+1) vs (2-4)

The Vanguard Lance pierces directly through the Valkyrie's armor and through the core! Clair is safe, but having a giant lance stuck in your mecha's torso is not something that's easy to overcome! The Valkyrie's armor is broken in many places, barely hanging on anymore! (1HP). The Valkyrie also has a large hole in the core! (5HP core)

Clair and Lucius now fight each other closely, none of Clair's weapons able to lock from the angle she's at from Lucius as he tries to overcome his unadaptive Warframe to cause more damage!

As Lucuis gets his Warframe to twist the lance, causing enough damage to dislodge the thing from the Valkyrie, warning lights flash on his Warframe's control panel. The next thing the Vulcan's eye camera registers as it flips around is the Drake, swinging it's massive gun around to smash the stock directly into the Vulcan's core, putting enough force with it to crush Lucius in a jagged tomb of bloodied metal. As the Vulcan falls, the Drake shoves it aside, leveling it's gun at the damaged but still standing Valkyrie. The Valkyrie's missile control software indicates a lock-on, as Clair brings her shotgun to bear.

"Are you ready for your final opponent?"
"I wouldn't put yourself up on such a pedestal."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13