Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Paranoia, the RTD: Dodge the Computer! Scene 1: COMP-u-NODE  (Read 8399 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia, the RTD: Dodge the Computer! Scene 1: COMP-u-NODE
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2013, 12:32:45 am »

Follow the nearest R/IR only path to the objective.

"Smarta! Fined 30c for vandalism of Friend Computer's property!"

"Do you have any proof!? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to fine YOU 50c for accusation without basis!"

"I just watched you do it. Furthermore, Phil was recording at the time. It is my duty as Loyalty Officer to observe and report or punish all traitorous activities, no matter how great or small. Additionally, you have no authority to issue fines in this matter, as it is not under your aegis as Equipment Officer."
"...I don't have a rebuttal for that!
Fine, you win. I'll wire you the credits after the mission. When you've probably forgotten..."

"Loyalty Officer, do I correctly hear that you are attempting to take money from this loyal citizen when fines rightfully go to The Computer? Shame! That is theft of Alpha Complex property, which is treason!"
"TREASON!? That's grounds to be terminated, is it not!? Would you like to admit to Communism as well!?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2013, 12:48:59 am »

Follow the nearest R/IR only path to the objective.

"Smarta! Fined 30c for vandalism of Friend Computer's property!"

"Do you have any proof!? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to fine YOU 50c for accusation without basis!"

"I just watched you do it. Furthermore, Phil was recording at the time. It is my duty as Loyalty Officer to observe and report or punish all traitorous activities, no matter how great or small. Additionally, you have no authority to issue fines in this matter, as it is not under your aegis as Equipment Officer."
"...I don't have a rebuttal for that!
Fine, you win. I'll wire you the credits after the mission. When you've probably forgotten..."

"Loyalty Officer, do I correctly hear that you are attempting to take money from this loyal citizen when fines rightfully go to The Computer? Shame! That is theft of Alpha Complex property, which is treason!"
"At what point did I attempt to take his money? All fines by definition go directly to Friend Computer from his credit balance. If you weren't aware, all credits exist solely in electronic format. It is my duty as Loyalty Officer to prosecute all offenses. The destruction of Alpha Complex property not co-opted by traitors or while in pursuit of mission objectives is a crime, and I will not stand by idly while it is committed."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2013, 05:05:28 am »

"Guys! GUYS! Just chill. It almost seems as if you sound more annoyed than happy. Not on my watch!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:31 am »

(OOC: I suppose I can tell you I was pinning the blame from Greenstar offering to send you the money on you. Fair, ain't it?)

"Loyalty Officer, I overheard a citizen telling you he would send you fine money, which is not where it should go. And while happiness is mandatory, Citizen Madha-R, it is secondary to proper investigation of treason, for who can remain truly happy when they know a citizen of Alpha Complex, who has been enjoying its benefits for untold years, has turned against Friend Computer and now seeks its destruction?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2013, 08:21:45 am »

Phil-5-JRS centers on each of the speakers in turn, making sure to capture each of the speakers' decidedly non-happy and perhaps even treasonous accusations and reactions.

"Ooh, the plot thickens! Whatever shall we find out in this investigative, internally-conflicting free-for-all?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:23:21 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2013, 11:45:16 am »

"Phil-R, I intend to determine who the treasonous parties are so they may be properly executed. We could perform a summary execution, but the probability of Commie sabotage or framing is sufficiently high that we must be sure of the guilty party's guilt before executing them."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2013, 12:27:43 pm »

(OOC: I suppose I can tell you I was pinning the blame from Greenstar offering to send you the money on you. Fair, ain't it?)

"Loyalty Officer, I overheard a citizen telling you he would send you fine money, which is not where it should go. And while happiness is mandatory, Citizen Madha-R, it is secondary to proper investigation of treason, for who can remain truly happy when they know a citizen of Alpha Complex, who has been enjoying its benefits for untold years, has turned against Friend Computer and now seeks its destruction?"

"That is a blatant lie. In addition, it would not be my fault if a traitor attempted to bribe their way out of a fine, and any credits received in such a manner would naturally be forwarded to the proper accounts, while the traitor would be further fined for attempting to pay a bribe. I suggest you cease inventing lies in the defense of a criminal."

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »

"That is a blatant lie. In addition, it would not be my fault if a traitor attempted to bribe their way out of a fine, and any credits received in such a manner would naturally be forwarded to the proper accounts, while the traitor would be further fined for attempting to pay a bribe. I suggest you cease inventing lies in the defense of a criminal."
*turns towards whoever was fined*
"Is this so?"
Sig

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2013, 06:19:15 pm »

GODDAMMIT HOW DID I MISS HIS WHYYYYY
Put me on the waitlist.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2013, 06:23:42 pm »

"Is this so?"
"Oh....Uh...by 'You' I meant 'FC'. Can't Friend Computer, like, hear everything we say anyway? Anyway, can't we just get on with the mission?"

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2013, 06:24:17 pm »

Oh, and a tip for all you new players: You're all gonna die. Horribly. Painfully. Multiple times. And it will be hilarious. By the end there won't be much more than a pile of ashes, gore, and chestbursting Scrubots. The first session I ran ended with every single troubleshooter, the black box they all had to both protect and steal, and everything within a kilometer being vaporized by a tactical nuclear grenade. Hilarity ensued.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »

Oh, and a tip for all you new players: You're all gonna die. Horribly. Painfully. Multiple times. And it will be hilarious. By the end there won't be much more than a pile of ashes, gore, and chestbursting Scrubots. The first session I ran ended with every single troubleshooter, the black box they all had to both protect and steal, and everything within a kilometer being vaporized by a tactical nuclear grenade. Hilarity ensued.
I think I might just be the only player new to the series.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2013, 06:27:44 pm »

((This is [supposedly] going to be mostly straight, with tinges of classic. So if we get a TPK, it'll almost certainly be because one or more [read:all] of us did something stupid. That aside, I know that I'm going to be even more cautious than normal, seeing as how we can't just buy more 6packs with all our filthy lucre.

Saaaay. Not being able to use money to purchase excess commodities? Sounds rather communistic, Friend Computer.))

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2013, 08:13:33 pm »

"Is this so?"
"Oh....Uh...by 'You' I meant 'FC'. Can't Friend Computer, like, hear everything we say anyway?"
"Please make yourself more clear in the future to avoid unjust termination."

((...Saaaay. Not being able to use money to purchase excess commodities? Sounds rather communistic, Friend Computer.))
((TREASON! Pew pew!
Anyways, you can buy some stuff...but it's limited. And a bit odd--slide rules are pretty low-Clearance, but instructions are a couple levels higher.))
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2013, 10:34:38 pm »

((...Saaaay. Not being able to use money to purchase excess commodities? Sounds rather communistic, Friend Computer.))
((TREASON! Pew pew!
Anyways, you can buy some stuff...but it's limited. And a bit odd--slide rules are pretty low-Clearance, but instructions are a couple levels higher.))
((Oh, I get that letting us buy 6packs would all but remove the point of waitlisting, but it's not in my nature to let anything go unlampooned. Also, it's a bad idea to try and buy explosives on C-Bay, no matter how attractive that nuke is.))

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7