Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Paranoia, the RTD: Dodge the Computer! Scene 1: COMP-u-NODE  (Read 8396 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia, the RTD: Dodge the Computer! Scene 1: COMP-u-NODE
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

"... And we're all out of barrels. Shi- WHAT WONDERFUL JOY IT IS, LETTING OTHERS HAVE FIRST PICK!"
Make sure everyone is HAPPY!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »

Examine gun arm. Spray with cleaner.
"Hey guards, is there anywhere I can try this out?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

Check PDC for fastest route to the mission objective which does not intersect with areas above R clearance. Ask the guards if they can open the display case and give the gun inside to me, provided that it (the gun) is entirely R or IR clearance. If they answer in the affirmative, ask them to do so, and thank them for aiding in Friend Computer's struggle against the evil communist menace.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 01:07:53 am »

Make sure everyone has a barrel, thank the PLC person, stand near the exit with my back to the wall until everyone else is ready to go before actually heading out. Reprimand anyone doing something stupid and/or treasonous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:45 am »

PUNCH THE GLASS. But make sure the gun is indeed RED before taking it and make sure to NOT touch anything NOT RED or INFRARED. Because the gun might be, like, Ultraviolet, but the glass obscured it.

You think about punching the glass, but instead smash the butt of your pistol through it, shattering it into jagged edges. Inside is a regular handgun, what a Romantic would likely call "tactical" in color. You pick it up and stick it in your pocket, along with the ammo clip beneath it.

"Ooh, look at that! A handgun! Hah!"

Draw pen. Continue to RECORD EVERYTHING. Don't smash any glass.

You draw a pen on the back of your hand. It's mediocre at best. After you finish recording yourself drawing the pen, you snap the camera back up to look for any action.

"... And we're all out of barrels. Shi- WHAT WONDERFUL JOY IT IS, LETTING OTHERS HAVE FIRST PICK!"
Make sure everyone is HAPPY!

The guards look jaded, but seeing as they're wearing black, are probably stoned out of their minds. So they're happy. You look deep into your soul. It looks RED and therefore happy. The glass on the ground, on the other hand, looks like it could use some cheering up. You rip a shred off of the INFRARED tarp and wrap it around the base of a particularly dagger-like piece of RED glass.

Examine gun arm. Spray with cleaner.
"Hey guards, is there anywhere I can try this out?"

A guard grunts and points at a wall. You look at your arm. The metal barrel is mounted on the back of your wrist, becoming more organic as it reaches the joint, wrapping around your weaker, left arm. The tendrils remind you of a plant you once saw from one of Gracious Friend Computer's Super-Duper Educational Videos(tm). They disappear into your arm at the joint of your elbow.

Aiming at the wall, you point your arm and try to fire the gun. Nothing happens.

Check PDC for fastest route to the mission objective which does not intersect with areas above R clearance. Ask the guards if they can open the display case and give the gun inside to me, provided that it (the gun) is entirely R or IR clearance. If they answer in the affirmative, ask them to do so, and thank them for aiding in Friend Computer's struggle against the evil communist menace.

You open your mouth to ask, but you see NAME stick it in his front pocket. Checking your PDC, the quickest and safest route would be the NORTH exit, taking you directly NORTH to the objective.

Make sure everyone has a barrel, thank the PLC person, stand near the exit with my back to the wall until everyone else is ready to go before actually heading out. Reprimand anyone doing something stupid and/or treasonous.

You notice TOPHAT does not have a RED barrel. You snap at him briefly, implying his mother was a large sea mammal. He doesn't understand.

The guards notice that everyone is armed, and ushers you all out the WEST EXIT. Rechecking your PDA, you realize that you must go SOUTH before you can reach the NORTH path.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 03:29:18 am »

RECORD EVERYONE going anywhere or doing anything. Follow them like a trusty cameraman, documenting their hilarious adventures in gruesome detail. Rip off a piece of the INFRARED tarp and grab some pieces of RED glass with it as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:22:54 am by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:13 am »

"and we're off! Such FUN!
Follow the rest, whistling a happy tune.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2013, 10:10:11 am »

Check to see if the North path is RED or INFRARED. If so, go there. If not, check the South path. If NOT. Check thumbs to see if they are RED or INFRARED before Twiddling them.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2013, 01:18:10 pm »

Lead the group through Red and Infrared corridors to reach the place where we pick up the experimental gear.

Lead from behind, so I can keep an eye on potential traitors like a good Mission Leader should.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

Follow the nearest R/IR only path to the objective.

"Smarta! Fined 30c for vandalism of Friend Computer's property!"

3. Run Resize Enable

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013, 08:08:12 pm »

"Do you have any proof!? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to fine YOU 50c for accusation without basis!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »

"Do you have any proof!? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to fine YOU 50c for accusation without basis!"

"I just watched you do it. Furthermore, Phil was recording at the time. It is my duty as Loyalty Officer to observe and report or punish all traitorous activities, no matter how great or small. Additionally, you have no authority to issue fines in this matter, as it is not under your aegis as Equipment Officer."

3. Run Resize Enable

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »

"I just watched you do it. Furthermore, Phil was recording at the time. It is my duty as Loyalty Officer to observe and report or punish all traitorous activities, no matter how great or small. Additionally, you have no authority to issue fines in this matter, as it is not under your aegis as Equipment Officer."
"...I don't have a rebuttal for that!

Fine, you win. I'll wire you the credits after the mission. When you've probably forgotten..."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »

Follow Flying Dice.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »

"...I don't have a rebuttal for that!
Fine, you win. I'll wire you the credits after the mission. When you've probably forgotten..."

"Loyalty Officer, do I correctly hear that you are attempting to take money from this loyal citizen when fines rightfully go to The Computer? Shame! That is theft of Alpha Complex property, which is treason!"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7