Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210605 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #2340 on: May 24, 2015, 12:50:21 pm »

Also, this somehow makes sense:

1.47  ---> 1.70.1945 ---> 1.49

Good god, it's like the designations for the Yak line.
Regards,
Dampe

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 24, 2015, 12:52:41 pm »

I don't see too much matchmaking abberations these days in the air. Well, apart from the blatantly undertiered planes such as the Kingcobra. Or all these new BR 3.0 planes.

Once I saw someone in a He111 (lol) in my tier III/IV luftwaffe master race lineup, but that's because he111 is overtiered. Well, the two later ones anyway. First one is semi-nice.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 24, 2015, 12:57:37 pm »

I don't see too much matchmaking abberations these days in the air. Well, apart from the blatantly undertiered planes such as the Kingcobra.

Nah, man.
We all know the Wellington is the most undertiered aircraft in the game.
*sarcasm*
Regards,
Dampe

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 24, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »

In my Tiger H, I seem to always end up against 6.7s. It sucks being a "heavy tank" that can neither penetrate the armor of enemy tanks nor deflect their rounds. That's Germany though...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 24, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »

Also, holy crap this map looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfIFtiEK1WQ

(sorry for not having a hyperlink, Firefox is being weird so I only get a bare-bones display on Bay 12)
Regards,
Dampe

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 24, 2015, 01:13:50 pm »

I dont have issues with that for firefox...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 24, 2015, 10:37:39 pm »

My mistake, the KV-1 Zis 5 is only a BR 4.7.

In my Tiger H, I seem to always end up against 6.7s. It sucks being a "heavy tank" that can neither penetrate the armor of enemy tanks nor deflect their rounds. That's Germany though...

Yep, I know your pain, I fully expected the Tiger H to be awesome after being helpless against it so many times before, then discovered its matchmaking makes it bottom tier constantly.

That said, I currently run the 6.7 germany lolstomp loadout, Tiger II P, Tiger II H, JagdPanther. (The Panther's continue to be completely underwhelming).

We all know the Wellington is the most undertiered aircraft in the game.

I swear to god the blenhiem is more survivable than the wellington.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2015, 03:15:49 am »

Blenheim is about as tough as the SB, so there's that. Also latest update strengthened bombers.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 25, 2015, 05:24:24 am »

To be honest the tiger and panther got pretty good after the massive penetration increase. Now they can penetrate the tanks they meet. And their armor was swiss cheese to begin with so the fact russian tanks also got 25 more penetration or so at that tier is barely worth mentioning. What counts is that the tiger can now actually kill a IS without landing a lucky hit into its turret cheeks or fightign at point blank.

Same goes for the panther. I killed a Tiger 2 H a few days ago... admitedly it was more luck that skill tho. he turned a corner with his turret hacing me and i just had enough penetration with the panthers AP ammo to go through his 185 mm of turret front and detonate his ammorack.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:15 pm »

They changed the pen values? I must have missed this.

I'm sure it beats what I used to do when facing an IS, shoot just under its gun and pray that my shell would ricochet down into his chassis.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 25, 2015, 03:50:40 pm »

Yes. Pen values (mainly at tier 3) went up noticably.
Especially the pen on the tiger and panther bur russians and americans also had their pen raised.

The tiger most noticably went up from 132 pen at point blank to 160 making it possible to penetrate the front hull of an IS.
The pantherspen went from 150 to 187 we're talking point blank against unangled armor here)

Basically germans are now kinda enjoyable to play. Nothing mindblowing compared to the IS and Jumbo but you don't feel like a burden anymore.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 30, 2015, 05:29:50 am »

Alright, the A8 went from "meh" to "awesome" just as I unlocked air targets. Also A5/U2 is even more awesome. I just made a 5-kill match at 200%, and yesterday (while drunk) it was more 7 or 8 kills.

Melanthius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 30, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »

Do people in this game actually care about the gameplay? Most of the chit-chat I hear about this game is the different kind of planes there are and the type of ammunition they have. No one seems to be talking about the gameplay...

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 30, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

Do people in this game actually care about the gameplay? Most of the chit-chat I hear about this game is the different kind of planes there are and the type of ammunition they have. No one seems to be talking about the gameplay...

The War Thunder forums are a nightmare.
Don't go there.
Regards,
Dampe

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 30, 2015, 06:22:34 pm »

As with most competitive games, any argument about gameplay quickly gets muddled down by "learn 2 play" and various other elitist arguments that the discourse on the whole becomes incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 163