Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210681 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1380 on: August 25, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »

I just had another great Warthunder experience. So great, I've compiled this imgur album to document it. It was just incredible.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 26, 2014, 06:03:50 am »

Today I had another run in with the fucking mongolian offspring that teamkill for shits and giggles.

I was in my heavily damaged spitfire (who suprisingly enough survived a run in with an La-5) and just made it to the airfiled where a friendly Havoc just rearmed and was taking off. He starts shooting at me with his rear gunner as I land, doesn't mange to score many hits so I make it down in one piece and call him an asshole, he then turns around and bombs me while i repair :I

Some days the game is actually fun to play when the MM doesn't fuck you over or you simply get blown out of the sky the moment you are seen. But then that is usually ruined by asshole russians who just love teamkilling folks who dare wander into their server cluster :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 26, 2014, 06:10:52 am »

I often get people that try to TK in arcade. And i'm not talking about accidental TK that happens when someone dives between a bomber and heavy fighter but pure asshattery where a "friendly" flies up your butt and open fire jsut to grief you.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 26, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »

Or the clusterfucks you get with five people chasing the same crippled plane, shooting through each other in their desperation to grab a vulture kill.
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 07, 2014, 07:51:18 am »

3 DAYS OF FLOATS WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE

now that I have a PBY it is going to be even more comedic
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:55:06 am by Naryar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 07, 2014, 08:06:16 am »

Played two games of that before giving up in frustration. First one my plane broke up when it hit the water, not sure if it was going in too fast or I got bombed by someone else but it credited the kill to an enemy H6K.

Second game I was approaching the first cluster of ships when a random cruiser shot took off my wing.
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 07, 2014, 08:43:00 am »

My first float game went pretty well. One boat kill, one H6K4 who was on the sea (bomb kill is best kill), and a jap biplane who sit on my six confortably. Well, before I went into the rear 20mm.

The second one I got rammed twice in a row, but then again it was partly my fault.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:48:12 am by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 07, 2014, 10:56:42 am »

Sooo apparently BF109 F-4 got a nice nerf. they removed the 20 mm gunpods and replaced them with 15 mm machineguns/cannons translating to less bang... while russian fighters at tier 3 are A-OK with having 3 20 mm cannons.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 07, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Not sure many people were running the pods anyways since they kinda made the flight performance shitty. Tho yeah, the 3P could see a bump up in the BR since it's easily on par with other BR 5 planes like the P-51 and the like.

But hey, the bombers now have weaker tails or something, since it became stupidly easy to cut them off, even with mostly machinegun fire so it doesn't matter that much.
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 07, 2014, 11:36:08 am »

Well for me it is mostly a good thing that the cannon update is a tier 2 update instead of tier 4. Although there isn't any setting to select what 15mm ammo you want, derp.

IIRC I have heard the 15mm's have some nice ammo though... somewhat like the APIT American ammo.

on the other hand i'm going to get soon enough a jap plane with 4 12.7mm mg's. They also have full APIT ammo.

I can't wait to see what it does... i've had decent killing performance with the 1x20mm 2x12.7 of the Ki-45.

edit: seeing the forum people complain about the not selecting and the 15mm being ahistorical, and mods report is as a "known bug"

Stealth nerf'd.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:43:11 am by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 07, 2014, 11:40:04 am »

It does count in arcade where 2 weaksauce MGs and one 20 mm is not enough to kill planess fast enough to not get KS'd.
Self promotion below.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 07, 2014, 12:29:26 pm »

Ok I take it back a bit. Just gave them a spin now in RB, and while the hit to flight capability is noticeable and very bad, the guns themselves seem either stupidly OP or bugged, they freaking oneshot the AI Beufighters on sicily, and as far as I know those buggers are as tough as the regular ones.
AS - IG

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 07, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »

AI planes have really weird damage models sometimes. Usually they're notably more rugged than their equivalent player-flown planes since they're comparatively easier targets, but sometimes they're a lot more fragile, too.

20mm cannons often get rebalanced a lot, too, because Gaijin never seems to be happy with how strong or weak they are. One update they can shred B-17s like they're made of paper, the next they can't hurt a Zero. It's also heavily dependent on ammo type.
Nothing important here, move along.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 09, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

And there are so many different models of 20mm, and the performance of all of them is handled individually.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 09, 2014, 11:13:08 pm »

Since the last big patch I've been getting a ton of sparkles and hardly any hits with Russian 20mm ShVAKs, but Hispanos are still as deadly as ever.
On a kinda unrelated note, I configured my joystick properly and put some cable ties around the spring. I can actually fly simulator battles and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 now.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 163