Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210701 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1410 on: September 12, 2014, 04:17:47 pm »

An/M2?
Thats a MG. Its right on the cusp of being a cannon, but its a MG.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

Today I have fought biplanes in my mostly tier 2 japanese setup. Seal-clubbing day.

Also, now is domination time and I have my H6K4 in my linup. Time to troll all the opposing team.

edit : Broke my plane due to belly landing at 300 km/h on the runway. FML.

I kinda saw this one coming but still.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:49:52 pm by Naryar »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:22 pm »

Today I have fought biplanes in my mostly tier 2 japanese setup. Seal-clubbing day.

Also, now is domination time and I have my H6K4 in my linup. Time to troll all the opposing team.

edit : Broke my plane due to belly landing at 300 km/h on the runway. FML.

I kinda saw this one coming but still.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you... ARCADE!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 13, 2014, 03:38:19 am »

An/M2?
He probably meant the MkII Hispanos the Americans use. For some odd reason they're labeled in War Thunder as AN/M2 20mm cannons.
But yeah, for some odd reason my Typhoon can still perform just fine with its Hispanos, while the other 20mms suffer from sparkles and very little damage output.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 13, 2014, 09:28:39 am »

An/M2?
He probably meant the MkII Hispanos the Americans use. For some odd reason they're labeled in War Thunder as AN/M2 20mm cannons.
But yeah, for some odd reason my Typhoon can still perform just fine with its Hispanos, while the other 20mms suffer from sparkles and very little damage output.

Because the American's labeled their(inferior) versions of the Hispanos the A/N M2. Because US military designations couldn't get anymore confusing. They also had the AN/M2 .50 caliber. I think part of the idea is that they'd planned on converting everything over to 20mm as soon as they had the cannons available, but reliability issues kept that from ever panning out, so they had two VERY different aircraft mounted weapons, intended for use on many of the same aircraft, with basically the same label.

To make it even worse there was an updated M3 version of both calibers as well. A M3 faster firing .50 caliber and a slightly updated M2 20mm called the M3 (and post-war the M24) which still had reliability issues.

Of course Americans are notorious for doing this sort of shit. M1 Garand rifle fires .30 caliber ammunition. M1 Carbine also fires .30 caliber ammunition. Two completely different weapons and two completely different sorts of ammunition. Same M1 label.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 13, 2014, 10:18:45 am »

'Murica, land of the confusing weapon names.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 13, 2014, 11:01:32 am »

Pff. It's not like it's Japan where all the planes have the exact same names...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 13, 2014, 11:44:04 am »

Japan had the same aircraft with some mods.
Well, mostly/almost.
Highly Opinionated Fool

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 13, 2014, 12:01:53 pm »

Don't forget that now we have the M1 Abrams as our main tank and the M4 Carbine as one of our main infantry weapons, to compare with the M1 Garand as the WW2 main infantry weapon and the M4 Sherman as the main tank.

And don't even get me started on the various F4 fighters.

Japan at least had the good sense of using the same designation on the same basic design that was being tweaked, a lot of American weapons with the same designation are completely different.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 13, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »

Yah, then you have the M4, the M16 and the M15, which are all basically the same weapon, with the M4 being updated.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 14, 2014, 04:12:23 am »

So yesterday I made 26k XP in one game. Played RB with my krautbolt and the x5 bonus happened. Was a decent game, nothing too special with one kill and two ai kills.

Then I decide to try the same with the russians and I get rammed by a Beu as soon as I engage, end up with 1.5k XP in the end :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 14, 2014, 05:29:14 am »

Remember, getting rammed is never only one person's fault
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 14, 2014, 05:34:58 am »

Yeah, I was atleast partially to blame for expecting a flying brick to atleast try and get out of the way :S

Anyways, another 22k XP game, one more like this and I'll unlock the BF109G10 in like five battles or so :S

Edit:

It's bomber weekend it seems, just had a game where we had four fighters and about ten or so bombers. The enemy team of course wasn't so fucking dumb and went with a balanced mix. Cue all of us fighters getting gangbanged and leaving the bombers to fend for themselves.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:06:58 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 14, 2014, 07:53:59 am »

Odd i had a game with around 7 enemy bombers attacking our bases. I managed to take down 2 (one B-25 and one Yer-2).

Now while taking down B-25 was high risk (lazor 50 cals everywhere!) but rather simple once you start shooting since the engies catch fire gunners get killed ETC.
Yer-2s on the other hand were both high priority (4 tons of bombs dawg!) and nearly impossible to shoot down from behind.
See video i poster earlier in this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKJgUj5c7og.

Bombers just seem to get progressively better with numbers it seems (at least in arcade) because you can't shoot them all down before they wreck your bases and possibly airfield.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:34 am »

A few things to look at, first of all arcade flight and damage models ovbiously, second, it looks like you are engaging from 1km away, third you engage from his 6 and it looks like most bullets hit the bombers body instead of its wings, and last 20mm german cannons shooted sausages so acording to historical data and the unlimited power of stalinum you didnt even penetrated the thick layer of russian bias that covers the plane.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 163