Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE - Turn 1: Arrival  (Read 3862 times)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
Re: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE - Turn 1: Arrival
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 01:50:10 am »

((May I suggest stuffing the status part of the post into a spoiler? Makes it easier to scroll past that way, for readers.))
((Duly noted, and many thanks.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:14 am »

Cosmo rubs his chin in contemplation at the unkempt fellow's clumsy manipulations of this piece of equipment.

"Wait! Stop! If the five years of training I aced in two months (first to accomplish this without prior knowledge, might I add) weren't wrong, what you are doing is wrong! Why do you do this thing?"

Inspect control panel for any indications of terrible problems caused by the mad science enthusiast. Should they prove sufficiently alarming, run back to the storage cabinet and don a life support suit from the mound of loot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 03:37:43 am »

"What's that smell, Brian?"

Take and equip a life support suit and two rifles (if someone tries to stop me shoot them). Strap the bassoon to my back (if this isn't possible make wielding the bassoon a priority and strap as many rifles as possible to my back). Run into the control room - is there a window to glance out of? Where are we?

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:53 am »

Try to get a weapon where Dan getted his one.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 08:41:40 am »

[[Unfortunately, I'm likely going to be gone for a while whenever Errol gets his turn in. Hrm.]]

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:01 am »

Put on a space suit life support thingyjamig, quick! This brain of science needs to survive! Then try to stop that buffoon from messing with the control panel, he'll just mess everything up! This is educated button mashing!

"No time to explain, put on a suit, stay back, and let the real scientists handle this! Lest the neurotoxins consume us all!"

[[You just HAD to ninja me now and make me look bad.]]
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
Re: IN SPAAAAAAAAACE - Turn 3: Oh God What Did You Do
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

Turn 3 - Oh God What Did You Do

Mission: Find out what you're doing here! ...but maybe survive first.

Inspect control panel for any indications of terrible problems caused by the mad science enthusiast. Should they prove sufficiently alarming, run back to the storage cabinet and don a life support suit from the mound of loot.
[3]While you are highly proficient in spacecraft piloting (which of course falls under the category of "everything"), it appears that this particular control panel is a model you are unfamiliar with. Why the space program would send their team out with equipment they are unfamiliar with, you have no idea. Typical bureaucracy.
In any case, matters are simplified as a cool female voice begins to speak. "Rear thrust initiated," it says. "Warning: bay doors are closed. Override safety prot-" The voice is cut off as Laszlo slaps at another swath of buttons. "Safety protocol override confirmed."
That's... not a good thing. [2] You try to run back into the pod room for a spacesuit, but you somehow run into the door frame in your hurry and are knocked to the floor.

Take and equip a life support suit and two rifles (if someone tries to stop me shoot them). Strap the bassoon to my back (if this isn't possible make wielding the bassoon a priority and strap as many rifles as possible to my back). Run into the control room - is there a window to glance out of? Where are we?
[3] You get your suit most of the way on, but by the time you have your legs into it you're distracted by the bassoon again, which [5] you strap to your back. Funny, you didn't even know bassoons came with carry straps. How convenient. [2] You try to run to the control room, but trip over Cosmo, who is now sprawled in the doorway.

Try to get a weapon where Dan getted his one.
[6] With remarkable calm and coordination in the midst of everyone else screaming about neurotoxins and falling in doorways, you cross over to the storage cabinet. You now have a beam rifle. It seems they don't have any limited ammunition source, but they do look rather fragile... Better be careful.

Put on a space suit life support thingyjamig, quick! This brain of science needs to survive! Then try to stop that buffoon from messing with the control panel, he'll just mess everything up! This is educated button mashing!
[4] You rush back to the storage cabinet and grab a life-support suit, but you forget about the whole 'putting it on' part in your panic. In the absence of anyone else messing around with your precise button-mashing, you continue to have no idea what you're doing. However, you get lucky! Maybe. The female voice comes back. "Docking maneuver completed." The outer airlock door opens!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 01:52:28 pm »

"Fear not, fellow Bach-lover! Cosmo Powers is on the job, and Cosmo Powers can never fail unintentionally! When Cosmo Powers fails, he does so under the auspices of a greater plan, the revelation of which would compromise its sheer secrecy!"

With spectacular efficiency the likes of which none have seen before, dress both myself and the honorable Dan Twenty in life support suits in under 20 seconds.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »

"Why, Cosmo Powers, you're simply amazing! And quite beautiful too. In a, you know, non-physically-attracted kind of way. I'm from Idaho."

Aid Cosmo to put my clothes on and then crawl into the control room and start playing the main theme to Shostakovich's 17th Bassoon Concerto to fill the craft with relaxing bassoon.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 02:02:41 pm »

Dress up a Life support suit and walk to Cosmo.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:30 pm »

Turn 4 - In Which Autos Are Undertaken

Mission: Find out what you're doing here! ...but maybe survive first.

As the door opens, you are relieved to see that it doesn't open into the vacuum of space. Instead, it appears to lead into a white, well-lit corridor. Well, most of it is white. The rest is red.
Wait, is that blood?

"Fear not, fellow Bach-lover! Cosmo Powers is on the job, and Cosmo Powers can never fail unintentionally! When Cosmo Powers fails, he does so under the auspices of a greater plan, the revelation of which would compromise its sheer secrecy!"

With spectacular efficiency the likes of which none have seen before, dress both myself and the honorable Dan Twenty in life support suits in under 20 seconds.
[4] Well... at least you managed to dressed yourself in the allotted time. Dan just has a helmet on now. Backwards. Close enough. You were probably focused on saving your shining, golden self.

"Why, Cosmo Powers, you're simply amazing! And quite beautiful too. In a, you know, non-physically-attracted kind of way. I'm from Idaho." (+1 to Cosmo's next roll)

Aid Cosmo to put my clothes on and then crawl into the control room and start playing the main theme to Shostakovich's 17th Bassoon Concerto to fill the craft with relaxing bassoon.
[1] In your rush to diffuse the situation with soothing classics, you skip over the "spacesuit-wearing" bit and leap into the control room. You are distracted by the excess cloth flapping around your midriff and release a piercing tone that causes canines within several parsecs to yowl in pain and hipsters the universe over to marvel at your nonconformist vision.
You didn't even know bassoons could do that.

Dress up a Life support suit and walk to Cosmo.
[5]In yet another stunning display of level-headed competence, you turn your helmet back around the right way and pull on the rest of your suit. You stand next to Cosmo. To be honest, you're not entirely sure what everyone else is so flustered about.

Quote from: Errol<AUTO>
Don a spacesuit and, uh... squawk like a parrot.
[2] Looks like you only got around to the squawking part. Hm.
I guess this is what happens when you don't post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »

"You are very perceptive, dear Idahoan, despite your alternatively-sighted state! Let me help you with that!"

Keep helping Dan until he is either fully suited or irreparably disabled. Then, look for some implement of deadly destruction that one would undoubtedly find on this ship. Don't steal any of Dan's unless I am in direct mortal peril.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 04:01:29 pm »

"Why thanks, um, wait, you didn't say where you were from... thanks anyway, Prof Powers! You could probably even be an honorary Idahoan! Man, I need to get to my dictaphone and get this tune down! Wooof!"

Put on spacesuit. Search control panel for means of recording audio whether the first action succeeds or not. Offer Cosmo one of my guns if he is in direct mortal peril.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

Don space suit, seriously. Do eagle noises.

(As soon as my week gets a bit busier I forget to do everything, derp.)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 2 [3]