Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Divine Overseeing  (Read 5661 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Overseeing
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:02 am »

Geez, no need for all caps.

Very big ( galactic cluster sized ), with a crab-like head, a slimy, leathery body, with two tree-like legs.  Coming from his back, are a bunch of wispish tentacles, completely see through. 
His eyes are multifarious and twitch constantly, and it sees all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:48 am »

^ I prefer something not giant like something small. A tribble from star trek maybe.
But small isn't lovecraftian...
:"The tyranids are running from me."
Spoiler: also (click to show/hide)

How about a wolf with glowing blue eyes?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:29:56 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:58 am »

PTW
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 09:33:51 am »

A hivemind-like colony of little flying creatures, on which a giant's mummified face is draped, which they articulate by flying to and stretching different parts of the face.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

A geometric, crystalline being, roughly spherical, pulsing with light that changes based on our mood. Can change size at will and extrude thin chainlike appendages of limitless length and number if we need to get 'hands on'.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 10:52:22 pm »

I am running...several games.

One vote for a Kaiju shark thing, one vote for a Colour, one vote for a small something, two for a Kaiju humanoid with a crabby head and some tentacles, one vote for a cutebold, one vote for a wolf with glowing eyes, one vote for a hivemind with a face on the hive, a pseudospherical crystal which can extrude limbs...I can work with this.

-----

You are not particularly organic. You look like a hollow, crystaline sphere full of colorful, glowing smoke which leaks out from time to time. The smoke condenses into little creatures, like crab-headed sharks with wings instead of fins. Your smoke can also form into a physical form for you; it swiftly flows out, becoming a humanoid with a crablike head and several tentacles coming from your back.

You look around. You are in a much larger sphere, about 50,000 kilometers across...not really crystal, metal, or anything else you know what it is. It's a dark violet, specked with orange. Inside the sphere is are two spherical planets, about 12,000 and 7,000 kilometers in diameter.
The larger is covered in continents of orange and red rocks with bluish flora. There are five sentient races: Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Manormul (sing. Manorm), and Ordynars (see below to see what these are). The large southern continent is covered in ice and has scattered villages of ordynars or and dwarven ice hideouts, with herds of tendrilled walkers gathering vermin and plants. To the north are a pair of continents; the drier eastern one is near the southern continent and is mostly populated by the confederacy of human tribes, with several gnomish tribes to the south and the west coast including a beachhead of the Manorm Empire, while the smaller, swampy western continent is controlled by the iron-fisted manorm. The remainder of the world is covered in various archipelagoes, mostly held by manorm but with the northern isles held by the Northern Dwarves.
The smaller world has many igneous rocks and is mostly covered in jungle. It has but a single race: The Onyd. They are engaged in an age-old civil war between the subspecies which worships Ores (which has red scales and large claws) and the one which worships Zera (which has gray scales and horns). The word has only a few seas, so it is mostly divided into Oresian territory and Zeran territory.
Aside from these worlds, there are several other bodies: Three rocky "moons", two gray and one yellow which are one or two thousand kilometers across; a number of icy bodies with some life on them; and a lavender sun about 5,000 kilometers across which most things nevertheless revolve around.

The mighty presence is gone, but soon, you are contacted by a few other gods.
Thank the Overlord! says one god, a winged, bull-headed snake made of shimmering light. I'm Zera, this moron is Ores, and you must be that god the Overlord said would help us deal with his problems.
MY problems? replies another god, a shifting mass of rusty-colored hair. You're the one who started this, jungle nut. Move your hornheads out of that hunting ground and we can start on that agreement you seem to desire.
Only if you withdraw 20% of your ritual support from your--
Heck no! If YOU hadn't made that STUPID volcano under my favorite temple, we--
A response to you sending those rats to my territory--
Now, now, stop this arguing. I'm Thox, by the way. You've both done bad things-- interrupts a shifty humanoid.
Stay out of this, I know whose side your bread is buttered on.
Now that's uncalled for!
The final god who showed up says, Look, stop arguing. You're making us all look bad in front of the new overseer. I'm Gomork, the Tentacled Lord. Anyhoo, these folks are engaged in this big argument. You're presumably here to get it to stop. Wanna give it a shot?

I'd advise skimming the following spoilers.

Spoiler: Own Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Universal Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: True Gods (click to show/hide)

-----

You are more or less omnipotent. Resolving the crisis is only one of an infinite array of potential actions. Come up with...whatever you want to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »

You just turned our god into Destoroyah.  I like it. 

So we were granted this station, right?  So if we bathe the planet in magma, our boss isn't really gonna be happy. 

Spawn from our God's "flesh" an organism, a champion who will be our avatar in this mortal world.  This champion's duty is to unite all the races, by whatever means.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 11:07:24 pm »

What?

Spawn from our God's "flesh" an organism, a champion who will be our avatar in this mortal world.  This champion's duty is to unite all the races, by whatever means.
Which world? There's two.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 11:12:33 pm »

PTW.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destoroyah

Anyway, the plan still holds.  Send our champion onto the Onyd's planet. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

Onydia, also our champion should have unbelievable amount of charisma and unmatched tactical and military prowess.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 12:38:29 am »

He/she's gonna have to develop that his/herself.  We'll simply be there to guide, and if necessary, beat any other supernatural force that gets in our champion's way. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:52 am »

What do you want the avatar to look like?
Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 12:50:30 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12:11 am »

Post to watch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6