Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127700 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24630 on: February 22, 2017, 07:37:50 pm »

Just as a request, I'd like to wonder if anyone has some... interesting stories from their time playing.

You want Urist-only or any server?
Any server is fine. The one I posted there was from Oneystation.

Avanti!

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24631 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41:28 am »

God, it's hard to think of a story with decent length that didn't happen a very long time ago. Lemme regale you with the most recent Deacon round on Urist, in the hopes that I'm not telling you a story you saw yourself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24632 on: February 23, 2017, 07:44:03 am »

Nice, I have two more stories, both from goon.
Spoiler: Burn, Baby, Burn! (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #24633 on: February 23, 2017, 12:40:58 pm »

Iwas there during the Deacon event, sad I had to go though, looked like it would've been fun.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24634 on: February 24, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

Real good one (at least to experience) from my days on Goon, back on the Donut Station, delivered in text format.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24635 on: February 25, 2017, 02:23:47 am »

See, I love the stories from this game, but I've never been able to get into it. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this game? Any good way to start? Any tips?

The tutorials I've found on my own were all hard to follow, even harder than DF for me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24636 on: February 25, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »

See, I love the stories from this game, but I've never been able to get into it. Does anybody know any good tutorials for this game? Any good way to start? Any tips?

The tutorials I've found on my own were all hard to follow, even harder than DF for me.
Dive in to your selected server as an unimportant role, try to figure the basics on the fly, use OOC/adminhelp for assistance if the problem is not related to the ongoing round events. If they're going to be dickbags about it while you're not hampering their gameplay (i.e. you picked a doctor when you can't even bandage so someone is bleeding out in front of you), you probably don't want to stick around anyway.

There is simply too many servers, and unlike in most games, each of these basically runs their own little clone of the game, to the point where even basic controls may differ between servers, beyond the few inescapable BYOND defaults.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24637 on: February 26, 2017, 12:26:11 am »

I for one will vouch for the helpfulness of the McStation. Last time I played I was popped in as an Atmospheric Technician. It was a field I had exactly zero experience with, so I wanted to try it out. Luckily the Chief Engineer gave me some good pointers and walked me through the process of upgrading and optimizing Atmos. Checked on me a few times in between their own tasks, too. I forget who it was, but they were very open to helping me out.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24638 on: February 26, 2017, 02:48:02 am »

So I haven't touched SS13 since mid-2014 at the absolute latest, probably closer to 2013. What's changed since then?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24639 on: February 26, 2017, 02:52:32 am »

So I haven't touched SS13 since mid-2014 at the absolute latest, probably closer to 2013. What's changed since then?

Way too much to list. With that kind of time away from the game, every department will have changed at least a bit. And not only that, but basic game mechanics, along with the addition of hundreds of new little features.

I guess talking broad strokes, more stuff, less lag, better lighting and snazzier gunplay.

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24640 on: March 09, 2017, 01:36:40 am »

So when are people usually on? I'm trying to get into the server rn, but nobody's online.

And how do you even use Byond? I'm having some trouble. Anybody know any good tutorials or anything?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24641 on: March 09, 2017, 02:08:17 am »

I'll get on if anyone else is on. 2 AM, migraine, and time to keel.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Harpadarpa.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24642 on: March 10, 2017, 02:10:16 am »

So how do I even connect to the server? I'm having real difficulty figuring that out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24643 on: March 10, 2017, 02:18:09 am »

You just need the BYOND client from here http://www.byond.com/download/

Then (maybe after restarting your browser) you can follow byond links just fine.  Like this one:
byond://server.uristmcstation.com:59359
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24644 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:09 am »

Big ol' planet update (with hunting and motorcycles and animals and all that fun stuff) is coming this weekend, but it's live on the testing server right now, so go fuck around and report bugs: byond://97.89.16.238:60840
Pages: 1 ... 1641 1642 [1643] 1644 1645 ... 1654