Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126284 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22605 on: July 19, 2015, 02:38:00 am »

RIP server.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22606 on: July 19, 2015, 02:39:38 am »

Here's hoping Autoreboot kicks in.

Edit: Nope, not looking like it will, at least crashes are a lot less common now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:43:51 am by Vakothu »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22607 on: July 19, 2015, 05:50:07 am »

Heh, guess I've hit the right time to finish up the Badmin Enabling Project of mine.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22608 on: July 19, 2015, 08:07:25 am »

Server is back.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22609 on: July 20, 2015, 10:16:56 am »

I'm mad.

While I wasn't on Baystation/Uris, I spent half hour to complete what I thought would be amazing Mario suit, and then sneaking into Atmos to steal a fireaxe. I then hid in a disposals chute in the bar, and when someone came in, I jumped out, screamed "IT'S-A-ME, MARIO" and moved in for the kill.

Except I was socked in the gabber by the guy, fell on my ass, the assistant took my axe and decapitated me. All in less than twenty seconds.

I'm not quite sure whether am I mad or amused.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22610 on: July 20, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

Yeah, IMHO it's a bit annoying how short fights usually end up being in SS13. More often than not, one party immediately gains a decisive advantage over the other and anticlimactically does what they will.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22611 on: July 20, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »

Yeah, IMHO it's a bit annoying how short fights usually end up being in SS13. More often than not, one party immediately gains a decisive advantage over the other and anticlimactically does what they will.
Mostly because grounding == instawin in a lot of cases. Dropping on the ground means dropping your weapon and being unable to do... anything, really; the only difference between lying on the ground, wide awake, and lying on the ground unconscious is being able to hear and hold conversations.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22612 on: July 20, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

Mostly because grounding == instawin in a lot of cases. Dropping on the ground means dropping your weapon and being unable to do... anything, really; the only difference between lying on the ground, wide awake, and lying on the ground unconscious is being able to hear and hold conversations.
This could be fixed if you were allowed to hold stuff while on the ground.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22613 on: July 20, 2015, 08:23:33 pm »

Or atleast roll/crawl around.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22614 on: July 21, 2015, 03:33:35 am »

Or kick the other guy in the nards to knock 'em down and equalize the situation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22615 on: July 21, 2015, 06:10:53 am »

Maybe removing stun weapons is better if you plan to make them useless.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22616 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:58 am »

Could it not be separate for stunned and just on the floor? That would fix a lot of issues probably, because at the moment being pushed over has the same effect as being tased.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22617 on: July 21, 2015, 06:14:56 am »

If you make pushing somebody over not have them drop their weapons, you are REDUCING counterplay against stun weapons.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22618 on: July 21, 2015, 06:51:35 am »

My problem is with how anticlimactic fights are, not with stun weapons per se. Ever had a bare-knuckled fisticuff in SS13? That's how a fight shiuld feel in my opinion. The fact that the fighters weaken gradually keeps the adrenaline up. A possible fix might be to make all weapons more inaccurate when used against a prepared (intent not 'help', weapon out, etc.) foe, not necessarily weaker, to account for dodging, parrying, and so on.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22619 on: July 21, 2015, 07:49:35 am »

I'd really like to just see the unarmed -push- someone over move removed all together, make someone have to grapple first if they want to drag you to the floor.  Otherwise target the arms/hands to knock someones weapon out of their arms would be better.  That way stunning doesn't need to change, it's just no longer that a simple push is basically a one shot ko.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 1654