Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122129 times)

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20100 on: October 30, 2014, 01:45:48 am »

Heh. Sucking every victim dry wasn't even what I meant. The favored strategy, AKA what I have seen unfailingly from all vamps:

1. Genetic up all the monkies. Drain and hide bodies. Optional.
2. Jaunt into armory, steal everything.
3. Laser everyone to death. Screeching or even bloodsucking at all optional.
4. Pretend there are no rules against murderboner. Feel good about self.
Perhaps I am just a sour man.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20101 on: October 30, 2014, 01:51:06 am »

5. Get antag banned for being shit.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20102 on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:23 am »

5. Get antag banned for being shit.

He's saying they aren't being antagbanned.

My computer is fucked, so PM Jacob or Glloyd or somesuch names and times please.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20103 on: October 30, 2014, 06:51:49 am »

and theres always the "oops they assigned me to the wrong job" reason for a job change
That doesn't excatly work if you've been doing your job for a few hours already.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20104 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:48 am »

I really dont understand the whole "Call the shuttle, we're bored" mentality.
If yer tired of doing whatever you chose to do, its probably time to choose a different job.

From your earlier posts it's quite apparent that you don't mind complete serenity and just doing a 9-to-5 ingame, but it's simply that for many people, after a while, it becomes a refined form of torture rather than entertainment.

Honestly, it's less the 'I'm bored, let's call the shuttle' that really bugs me. That's just part of the attitude. It's the 'A bomb exploded, call the shuttle now'. Or 'someone is dead, call the shuttle'.
It's when people call the shuttle for the most minor reasons, or just after something has been fixed.

Guys. You know you have crew that are on this station to *fix* minor disasters. Let them do it. Let us have our fun. Then we can leave on the transfer shuttle. Or when the station gets literally cut in half by something.

but what about the people who died!

they'll but be ghosts and nobody wants to be ghost.

we must fix this by calling a shuttle for every dead person!

foolproof!

/sarcasm

To be honest, I kinda of hate how nobody seems to clean up after a disaster.

Oh, the supermatter is overheating? I have not seen any engineers the last few times I played before my hiatus that would actually vent or space the supermatter before it exploded. Maybe it should show up as a big red font instead of just in green. Probably would make engineers care more.

Eh. I overreact sometimes. One of the few reasons I haven't been back in a while. Too many minor events ending rounds early etc. I want to play spacemans and RP and stuff, but don't want to go to baystation because I like being here :P

If it were me in my horribly bad ideas, I'd make shuttle calls require two IDs. Would make a lone Urist McPanickyCaptain calling the shuttle because an assisstant died and it was ling(but they don't know that but they do because round name shows up) be less round ruining if it got the approval of two seperate heads.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20105 on: October 30, 2014, 10:25:59 am »

You can respawn...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20106 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:15 am »

If yer tired of doing whatever you chose to do, its probably time to choose a different job.

From your earlier posts it's quite apparent that you don't mind complete serenity and just doing a 9-to-5 ingame, but it's simply that for many people, after a while, it becomes a refined form of torture rather than entertainment.

Honestly, it's less the 'I'm bored, let's call the shuttle' that really bugs me. That's just part of the attitude. It's the 'A bomb exploded, call the shuttle now'. Or 'someone is dead, call the shuttle'.
It's when people call the shuttle for the most minor reasons, or just after something has been fixed.

Guys. You know you have crew that are on this station to *fix* minor disasters. Let them do it. Let us have our fun. Then we can leave on the transfer shuttle. Or when the station gets literally cut in half by something.
-snip-
Oh, the supermatter is overheating? I have not seen any engineers the last few times I played before my hiatus that would actually vent or space the supermatter before it exploded. Maybe it should show up as a big red font instead of just in green. Probably would make engineers care more.
-snip-
If it were me in my horribly bad ideas, I'd make shuttle calls require two IDs. Would make a lone Urist McPanickyCaptain calling the shuttle because an assisstant died and it was ling(but they don't know that but they do because round name shows up) be less round ruining if it got the approval of two seperate heads.
I have seen heads who wanted a shuttle call because of the SM reaching 20%. This is despite me fixing the problem at 15% and assuring everyone it would stop below 60%. This is both of these problems at once. I've been pressured to eject at 10% as well (the lowest possible point it starts blaring).

I have created a picture guide to setting up a high power SM, by the way. I have no idea how to embed it properly.
http://imgur.com/a/Ir2Ge
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20107 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:12 am »

-snip-
-snip-
I have seen heads who wanted a shuttle call because of the SM reaching 20%. This is despite me fixing the problem at 15% and assuring everyone it would stop below 60%. This is both of these problems at once. I've been pressured to eject at 10% as well (the lowest possible point it starts blaring).

I have created a picture guide to setting up a high power SM, by the way. I have no idea how to embed it properly.

Hooray for my SMES bypass method!

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20108 on: October 30, 2014, 11:09:48 am »

Good picture by picture guide.  Whats the benefit of bypassing the SMES in atmo and engine room?  Cant you just set the input high on both and have them work normally?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:13:45 am by Naverin »

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20109 on: October 30, 2014, 11:14:20 am »

Good picture by picture guide.  Whats the benefit of bypassing the SMES in atmo and engine room?  Cant you just set the input high on both and have them work normally?

The SMES have a tendency to bottleneck the power, if you don't wire around them you have to watch the SMES and keep updating the input and output as the power levels change. Plus setting the input to max steals power from the SMES used to power most of the station.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20110 on: October 30, 2014, 11:57:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20111 on: October 30, 2014, 12:03:23 pm »

OOC: Hans Panda: HELL ON EARTH
That's space.
That timing though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20112 on: October 30, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »

I like the subsidiary explosions. Made it feel authentic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20113 on: October 30, 2014, 12:16:41 pm »

That was just Rabid chasing me with around the station with explosions.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20114 on: October 30, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

That was just Rabid chasing me with around the station with explosions.

No, that second spoiler, those smaller explosions? They're from Welding Tanks exploding secondarily to the main explosion.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1654