Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122294 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20070 on: October 29, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »

I really dont understand the whole "Call the shuttle, we're bored" mentality.
If yer tired of doing whatever you chose to do, its probably time to choose a different job.

From your earlier posts it's quite apparent that you don't mind complete serenity and just doing a 9-to-5 ingame, but it's simply that for many people, after a while, it becomes a refined form of torture rather than entertainment.

Then request job change with HOP/captain. Organise an event (massive party with spess drugs, build a second station, station wide lasertag game,...) or ask admin if he can make you something (eg become a new antag, or ge a secre mission).

In short: be proactive, make your own fun.

God, are we doing this discussion again? And requesting a loljobchange doesn't make even the slightest IC sense, it's essentially 'Urist McBoredPC has been taken by a fell mood! Urist McBoredPC has claimed Engineering!'

The second I've tried, and nobody ever gave a shit about those. Like, at all. You'd expect at least one person to be interested, but nope.

The third presumes an admin is on, which is not always the case, and even then an admin might not be willing to do those.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20071 on: October 29, 2014, 02:36:50 pm »

I meant get a job change as in going and starting as a different job next time.

Also, remember that respawining IS a thing, and that you can get listed as dead without killing yourself or ghosting (sleep pods), so its possible to go on till you get tired, get into a pod, ghost when in the pod, wait the 30min and respawn as a new guy with a new job.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20072 on: October 29, 2014, 02:44:14 pm »

A boring round is a boring round whether or not you're a security officer or an engineer, really.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: October 29, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »

Personally, I have no problem with job changes (or informally doing someone else's job) if you do at least one (preferably multiple) of the following:
  • Roleplay unfamiliarity with the job and have someone instruct you, even if you know how it works OOC. Work slowly and make (non-critical unless antag) mistakes.
  • Have it be a relatively simple job such as Cargo Tech or Bartender, and stick to the basics. While not everyone is a gourmet chef, anyone can make a sandwich.
  • Have an IC reason or backstory that conveys the skills and (most importantly) makes sense (if you get called a Sue, it's probably for a reason). Professional jobs, such as Engineer or Surgeon, are usually right out, but, for example, a Security Officer might conceivably have basic first aid training, allowing them to become an Emergency Physician of limited competence.
  • Ask the admins for greenlight, and they give it.
This is only my humble opinion, and other people, such as admins, may think otherwise.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20074 on: October 29, 2014, 03:30:12 pm »

have it be a relatively simple job such as Cargo Tech or Bartender, and stick to the basics. While not everyone is a gourmet chef, anyone can make a sandwich.

I think without prior training, anyone could be a: Miner, Cargo Tech, Assistant, Mime, Clown, Chef/Barman (stick to the basics. Either way, unless you know the complicated recipes by heart, you'll probably have to look at their books, which provide IC justification for knowing the more complex recipes), Librarian, Chaplain, Security Officer, Janitor or a Cyborg (honk). Actually, maybe Botanists as well. Any idiot can garden.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20075 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:58 pm »

and theres always the "oops they assigned me to the wrong job" reason for a job change

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20076 on: October 29, 2014, 03:34:42 pm »

Any idiot can garden.
Possibly off topic, but one of my favorite hobbies as Angelo Wilkerson is hacking the vending machine in the garden to dispense liberty cap and ambrosia.
Then I try becoming a drug dealer. I hope I can figure out how to start making space drugs without getting arrested for breaking and entering... perhaps by bribing the CMO or HoP with drugs...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: October 29, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »

I think theres an interesting place that you can do that in.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20078 on: October 29, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

In other news, I found a page on the BS12 wiki called "Soviet Law" and I think it's what I'm going to use whenever I'm running an RP Rev round next.

Execution by firing squad? Fuck, why have I not thought of that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20079 on: October 29, 2014, 03:46:21 pm »

I was part of a firing squad once, way back when. It was three people with shotguns and lasers facing a dude buckled in a chair in the brig. Supposedly, each member of a firing squad shoots only once. It did not turn out that way: the body was a husk full of holes afterwards. :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20080 on: October 29, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »

I remember once I was Captain, and we had some griefers. After they were all incriminated, I had them thrown into the shooting range.

None survived.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20081 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:27 pm »

I remember a mutiny round where a captain decided to execute randoms without a trial when I was warden.
I wound up dead, after trying to get him to atleast put on a sham trial.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: October 29, 2014, 05:02:40 pm »

Damn it AI, we were SO CLOSE. I hope this doesn't become a pattern.
In case you don't know what that is, it's a true bridge. And even half built it kicks ass.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: October 29, 2014, 05:05:42 pm »

I think I have an appointment right at the time where the event happens.

fFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: October 29, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

Ooh, ooh, that's my corpse up there! Yay I get to be relevant.

But yes, that was the most SS13 SS13 round I've played in a while. Good job clown, you successfully clowned.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 1654