Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122485 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20040 on: October 28, 2014, 04:02:55 am »

The announcement voice is a speech synthesizer with extra reverb (not sure which one exactly, but somebody else probably does). Vg AI announcements are that same synth iirc, and tg AI announcements is a voice actor (the gf of some dude, iirc)

ass blast usa

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: October 28, 2014, 12:47:51 pm »

I heard Space Oddity in the lobby music and felt obligated to post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQByFjYczfE

Maybe it would be a better fit for our server. *eyebrow waggle*

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: October 28, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »

replace the claps with farts and onto gibbed it goes?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: October 28, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

In other news, we're planning to host a special round Saturday night, sometime around 7 or 8 PM EST. I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of certain characters from UMcS past in the round.

Either way, shit's going to get real.

im gonna say this before anyone else does

circlejerk the event

Revive all the old characters regulars used to play then maximize the circle jerk.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: October 28, 2014, 02:44:09 pm »

Ooh, I nearly missed that notice...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20045 on: October 28, 2014, 05:37:54 pm »

And another event I can't get to. Ah well.
Also. Glloyd, why didn't you update the uplink code? It's a monster and it hurts to look at and the new bay version is much nicer and ow my head. And easier to work with. Please.

On another note, today engineering built a singuloth. Then the shuttle got called, and we never got to start it... Well, never formally start it. I don't even know why the shuttle was called.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: October 29, 2014, 07:05:21 am »

Whats the deal with working with your department?

one of the round last night I start as the Chief Engineer and have 2 engineers spawn in.  Yes! A team this will be a good round.

Immediately one runs off into the crawl spaces so I start working on the engine and ask for phoron canisters to be filled.   Come out 2 min later.. other engineer is gone.  *sigh*.  So I start working on canisters and then I hear the emitter firing..  **#*&@#*   Run into the engine, to see no one else and no cooling setup/working yet and the emitter running.   *SIGH*

So I get it cooled and stable and power things up and the rest of the round I didnt see either one of them.

So I guess my question is,   is there any expectation that someone in your department is going to actually work the job? or is it really that common to have people join a role for "access" to just fuck off and be an tags?    (btw this round in question neither were the antag) and I never figured which one tried to blow the engine

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20047 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:11 am »

Just won a game as a traitor by not knowing I was a traitor and someone doing my objective (stop X from escaping alive) in my place. Woo hoo.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: October 29, 2014, 07:48:33 am »

Whats the deal with working with your department?

one of the round last night I start as the Chief Engineer and have 2 engineers spawn in.  Yes! A team this will be a good round.

Immediately one runs off into the crawl spaces so I start working on the engine and ask for phoron canisters to be filled.   Come out 2 min later.. other engineer is gone.  *sigh*.  So I start working on canisters and then I hear the emitter firing..  **#*&@#*   Run into the engine, to see no one else and no cooling setup/working yet and the emitter running.   *SIGH*

So I get it cooled and stable and power things up and the rest of the round I didnt see either one of them.

So I guess my question is,   is there any expectation that someone in your department is going to actually work the job? or is it really that common to have people join a role for "access" to just fuck off and be an tags?    (btw this round in question neither were the antag) and I never figured which one tried to blow the engine
Well, usually nobody wants to play so anyone who engineers with me has been pestered in OOC, since engineering is pretty unfun without friends. But other than that:
I often have this problem as CE. In fact, I had this problem a couple of days ago when the CE ran off then tried to take the claim when I singlehandedly repowered the station.
Make sure you keep in touch with your underlings. Radio them for progress reports often. Give them clear and concise individual commands - ie. Not can someone fill the plasma, UristMcEngi, go fill 10 tanks of plasma for the collectors.
If they run off without your permission reprimand them and order them back. If they refuse, have them demoted or dock their pay. If you're an engineer under me, you are not going to run off. Keep an eye on your metal and construction materials stocks as well, catch them in the act and they tend to crumble pretty fast. Make sure they have a project. We built a singulo together. There's far too much stuff to move alone and everyone was pretty excited to get one working. And, despite it going against everything I said, be a good boss. Get to know them. Syd's pretty old, so I like to draw on his stories and 'experience' to spin tales. Ask them if they have loved ones. Buy them a drink at the bar if they do a good job.
As for the SM, lock your damn emitters unless you trust your minions implicitly. Otherwise, that kind of antaggy behaviour is worth an ahelp.
I like to think I'm a good CE. Am I?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: October 29, 2014, 08:45:08 am »

Yes.

It's like playing Captain. When you're a Head of Staff, you're the boss. You're in charge.

You don't do fucking scutwork unless someone seriously fucked up, and boy howdy you better be absolutely livid with them.

As Captain, when someone asks me for ID change, I radio the HoP. When someone is assaulted and cries for help, I go to the scene... After I order Security to deal with the situation. Then, if the HoS is just being a Sec-Officer+ as most of them do, I order the detective to do scans and collect evidence. (Because, protip, no fucking detective ever does that on their own initiative. They're always busy shooting people and monologuing to themselves.)

When I find an injured person, I don't immediately drag them to Medbay and heal them with the power of Command, I order doctors to do that, and I grab an O2 kit and stabilize them. I don't give Research orders per se unless I need bombs for something. Because frankly, Robotics, RnD, and Toxins are the only three parts of Research that I EVER see used. But I do like telling the RD (Also, try calling the RD 'Director [Lastname]' sometime. It sounds so much more human to say that instead of 'Arr-Dee' all the goddamn time.) that if they want to do weapons or illegal tech research, they have to have a Security officer present for oversight.

Little things like this. If everyone ACTED like their job like those hyper-dedicated Cooks, Bartenders, and Miners (These three most often are roleplayed in what I see as an authentic manner, most other jobs are not. On average mind you. I'm not saying that nobody ever does a good job. It's just kinda rare outside these three jobs.) then the round would a lot more interesting.

Also, monologuing villains are the best kind.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20050 on: October 29, 2014, 09:07:10 am »

I reckon that establishing what certain jobs are supposed to be/not be (as is the case with the command jobs you mentioned, but also some other issues - like Sec being all about GETTING DAT REDTEXT, instead of protecting the civvies, griefclowns...).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:54 am »

I scan things as detective. Atleast, when I findout where the crime occurred.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:34 am »

I'm kinda sad I can't play Lawyer on the Urist McStation, but oh well, Psychiatrist makes up for that.
Also, is it just me or is the library - no matter the server - always empty? I like attending it for books.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20053 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:31 am »

Internal Affairs agents are similar, except they actually have power.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: October 29, 2014, 09:43:30 am »

Internal Affairs agents are similar, except they actually have power.

This. Please, for the love of god, someone fax me as the IAA about a power abusing Captain + Security Team.

Seriously, I'm begging you. :P But first act like a nerdy little loser IAA and when the Captain laughs at you and wants to know what you'll do, say all meekly, "I'll send a fax."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1654