Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117501 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19725 on: October 19, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »

Worst thing is, they changed the AI laws. From 'may not injure a Syndicate agent' to 'may not injure an operative'. And 'syndicate activities' to 'operative activities'.
Ooh, that could have repercussions, since Death Squaddies could be called operatives... So could ninjas or even (if yer getting loose with it) ERTs.
Yeah, that's why it doesn't make sense. Syndicate agent is a clear designation - the guys in the uniform of faction X Doing Stuff. Operative is a generic term.
inb4 James Bond fucks up station by boozing and womanising and driving fast cargo trains while the AI is powerless to do anything.

I do, in fact, wish to see that.

High speed cargo train chases trading shots at each other. That would actually be amazing.

Would go well with that train map, since it appears the 'moving ground' turf doesn't have the same kind of teleportation effect like hyperspace turfs, so a standing cargo train would appear to be keeping up with the train, and moving would make it seem to speed up or down.

BTW, I kinda liked the footstep effect on the video showcasing that. Would make the station feel a bit less empty even if you cannot see people directly.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: October 19, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »

@Syndicate

Fuck those AI law changes, that's too abusable.

I love the nuke changes though. At least the rename.

@Scrdest

Mobsters in the first place would be one of those 'ahelp a really good reason' since thats mostly an antag thing. If the station, NT and da maaaan have been fucking you over or something, or you have pals or something that need money quick? Sure, get some friends and rob the vault. Shoot security to death? If they go lethal, you can go lethal back in my eyes. But you can never go for the kill first outside of ~special~ circumstances that change from round to round.

-edit-

Really, most things can be summed up using this.

Is this action unlawful?

If yes, do I have a good reason to do it? If not, I can do it.

If yes, will this action severely hamper someone else's round, kill someone else, or cause destruction in a vein similar to antags? If no,  do it.

If yes, ahelp your reason and see if admins approve. If yes, do so. If not, no.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:15:24 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: October 19, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »

How the everlasting fuck does removing the fluff's second-largest antagonist equal better Arrpee anyway?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: October 19, 2014, 04:19:45 pm »

As a BS12 vet...
Because BS12 is essentially aiming to have Space Station 13 reduced down to a slice of life RP on an extremely realistic space station.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: October 19, 2014, 04:21:40 pm »

As a BS12 vet...
Because BS12 is essentially aiming to have Space Station 13 reduced down to a slice of life RP on an extremely realistic space station.

Which is why they treasure their alien races :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: October 19, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »

How the everlasting fuck does removing the fluff's second-largest antagonist equal better Arrpee anyway?

They considered the Syndicate unrealistic last I checked or somesuch, but I think their new fluff is adding some different antagonists for the antags to fluff themselves as.

>new fluff

>finished

heueuhehe they're worse than us about that fluff
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: October 19, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »

They considered the Syndicate unrealistic last I checked or somesuch, but I think their new fluff is adding some different antagonists for the antags to fluff themselves as.

>new fluff

>finished

heueuhehe they're worse than us about that fluff
They considered the Syndicate unrealistic
unrealistic
>Crazy terrorist sect: unrealistic
>Catflakes: Realistic
>On 2d station in sphess
>ewgfojigriijgoiojeahioaheoiehioeajiehjoiaahojijhiWhy?
See, Victor's absence has reduced us to keyboard mashing and greentext.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: October 19, 2014, 04:37:56 pm »

It was more 'crazy terrorist sect that has a large private army and is made up of almost everyone in the galaxy'

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: October 19, 2014, 04:39:43 pm »

Given how NT is, it's a surprise anybody even supports them at all.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: October 19, 2014, 04:40:00 pm »

Isn't the whole thing about the Syndicate is that it isn't really a unified force, more like "essentially everyone who doesn't like Nanotrasen put into one big group for political convenience"? I always picture "syndie" being SS13's version of "commie".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: October 19, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »

It was more 'crazy terrorist sect that has a large private army and is made up of almost everyone in the galaxy'

Considering that NanoTrasen is essentially what you just said, sans 'terrorist sect'...

Isn't the whole thing about the Syndicate is that it isn't really a unified force, more like "essentially everyone who doesn't like Nanotrasen put into one big group for political convenience"? I always picture "syndie" being SS13's version of "commie".

That's my fluff, and unless I'm mistaken the common idea in fluffs. It's also supported by the existence of the unfinished faction code and the fact that Newcops get the name of the organization they serve, and it's always a different, RNG-generated company.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: October 19, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

Wait, wut? Just fix that bit then! We already have crazy terrorist sects that can almost conquer countries. I see no reason they shouldn't essentially be a paid terrorist sect of a rival company to NT or something. I have got to write some stand in fluff or something. Where did you say the pastebin was again?
Also, work on the AI flowchart continues:
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: October 19, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »

Considering that even banks on earth have gone crazy before and had private armies of PMCs (not joking, it actually has happened before), considering these are corporations in space with colonies, population, land and most importantly, cash I don't think it is really far fetched. Not like NT is a shining beacon of happiness who regularly give people lollipops and cake.

Edit for double give typo.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:53:24 pm by Cheedows »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: October 19, 2014, 04:49:49 pm »

Aye. Removing Syndies is a dumb idea, IMO.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: October 19, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

Considering that NanoTrasen is essentially what you just said, sans 'terrorist sect'...

In Baylore, NT is just another company. They don't have a deathsquad or an army, barring the Icarus and a few others + the ERT

In Uristlore, spot on barring the 'almost everyone' bit.

Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1654