Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117377 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19755 on: October 19, 2014, 05:38:24 pm »

Alternatively, you reduce pump power ponsumption (dammit, alliteration).

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: October 19, 2014, 05:42:46 pm »

Good news! Even though the server is down, GLloyd has merged some PRs which Vactor now can comfortably update.

I also pushed some other fixes, and messages Vactor asking him to update if e gets a chance when he brings the server back up.

Indeed. Not to mention historic stuff like the East India Company which had a powerful private army, waged full-scale war with Indian states and ended up directly ruling over large areas of India for about 100 years until the government took over.

I always thought of Nanotrasen as being similar to the British East India Company, just like how the Terran Confederacy is similar to the Venetian Republic. In Uristlore, there's no real "good" guys. The least evil you get is the TC, and they're more neutral than anything else. Is NT bad? Depends on who you're asking. Is the Syndicate justified? Who am I to say?

Pretty interesting Glloyd. Would you think you could draw comparisons between Nanotransen and the Dutch East India Company?

Did I say British? I meant Dutch, study for history midterms has addled my brains. You can make comparisons between the British East India Company as well, but the Dutch is more apt. They had their own colonies, their navy was twice the size of their next largest competitor, they were nominally independent, insanely corrupt and had a near monopoly on phoron spices. If that doesn't remind you of NT, I don't know what would :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: October 19, 2014, 05:43:46 pm »

Will SM not explode consistently now?

Less consistently. Also, power should take longer to run out in important areas like Engineering, Medbay, Atmos, Hallways, the Bridge and Arrivals.
This is excellent news. Atmos could really do with a second APC, seeing as before it would be in need of door crowbarring before the SM was even turned on. Unless that's what you've done.

Atmos has its own SMES now to keep that APC going.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:55 pm »

Pirates of the Spess Carribean round when?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: October 19, 2014, 05:48:11 pm »

Good news! Even though the server is down, GLloyd has merged some PRs which Vactor now can comfortably update.

I also pushed some other fixes, and messages Vactor asking him to update if e gets a chance when he brings the server back up.

Indeed. Not to mention historic stuff like the East India Company which had a powerful private army, waged full-scale war with Indian states and ended up directly ruling over large areas of India for about 100 years until the government took over.

I always thought of Nanotrasen as being similar to the British East India Company, just like how the Terran Confederacy is similar to the Venetian Republic. In Uristlore, there's no real "good" guys. The least evil you get is the TC, and they're more neutral than anything else. Is NT bad? Depends on who you're asking. Is the Syndicate justified? Who am I to say?

Pretty interesting Glloyd. Would you think you could draw comparisons between Nanotransen and the Dutch East India Company?

Did I say British? I meant Dutch, study for history midterms has addled my brains. You can make comparisons between the British East India Company as well, but the Dutch is more apt. They had their own colonies, their navy was twice the size of their next largest competitor, they were nominally independent, insanely corrupt and had a near monopoly on phoron spices. If that doesn't remind you of NT, I don't know what would :P

Oh, thought I was just missing something about the British East India Company and thought Dutch might be interesting as well.  :P

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: October 19, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »

servers down?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: October 19, 2014, 07:26:47 pm »

Yep.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: October 19, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »

Do you intend to do the thing Bay is doing? Putting those breakers in the departments with their own SMES for emergency power/cutting power if the engineers are dicks?

They do that along with removing 3 of the Smes's from Engineering. I'd like to do something like that to compliment the Engineering Smes's. I'm also adding a fifth solar like Bay did.

They actually didn't remove the 3 SMES. They just installed an *upgraded* SMES in the engine room, with much more storage and output potential.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: October 19, 2014, 07:39:10 pm »

Pirates of the Spess Carribean round when?

I'd be up for it. Although the ships would probably have to be cargo tugs, and all the pirates ex-military/sec...

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: October 19, 2014, 08:19:25 pm »

Server is updated and back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: October 19, 2014, 08:33:25 pm »

Vactor is up.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: October 19, 2014, 08:34:07 pm »

Victor down.
vactor restart victor pls
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: October 20, 2014, 12:10:09 am »

Lesbian Vampires from Spaaaaaaaace!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: October 20, 2014, 12:11:18 am »

That round wat three hours of extended with a Twilight subplot, ended by two dozen NPC guards swarming the station.

Not worth it.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: October 20, 2014, 12:15:03 am »

SecDef Officer (follow) says, "See that C4? Blow the pod open for us."
SecDef Officer (follow) says, "We don't have hands."
SecDef Officer (follow) says, "Augments and such."

Best part of the round.
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1654