Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118058 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19635 on: October 18, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »

Told you Corai greenlighted griffons in extended.

I'm a lot more lax about grief on extended. I'd normally ban people if they escalated a department feud into open fighting killing, but in extended i'd let it slide. Same for this drug war, normally people would be talked to for it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:10:44 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: October 18, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »

I'm not saying it's entirely a bad thing, though. At least it keeps the round going.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: October 18, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »

Extended: Two Three supermatters going off, half the crew dead, other half fighting in the halls in open mutiny, drug rings created and fighting eachother for land while Centcomm attempts to support security against the endless waves of rogue crew, communist rioters, and drug lords.

That was boring.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:25:27 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: October 18, 2014, 07:27:55 pm »

Is it still going?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: October 18, 2014, 07:28:44 pm »

Told you Corai greenlighted griffons in extended.

I'm a lot more lax about grief on extended. I'd normally ban people if they escalated a department feud into open fighting killing, but in extended i'd let it slide. Same for this drug war, normally people would be talked to for it.

Then you should'be made that clear. You did not.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: October 18, 2014, 07:29:07 pm »

Lets see, first extended round ended in a massive phron fire destroying the whole station, second round ended with what Aedel said. Everyone said it was fun as fuck, we gained players the whole time... EXTENDED SO BORING. Seriously, half the time I don't even notice we have antags during rounds with them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: October 18, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »

Says you, but I personally lost attention every time I came back to observe.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »

Says you, but I personally lost attention every time I came back to observe.

Thats your problem right there.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: October 18, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »

Playing is even more boring because I don't get to watch stuff happening and talk to antags and stuff.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: October 18, 2014, 08:31:53 pm »

Thats your bigger problem. Try playing instead of immediately going "ew extended nothing will happen" because extended thus far has been making better antags, better rounds and better everything than the actual rounds its meant for.

I'm still unsure if this is a good or bad thing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19645 on: October 18, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »

Nah. There's a reason that I tend to not play for months on end, and that's because the game itself gets boring real quick.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: October 18, 2014, 08:34:59 pm »

Aaaah. Aaaaaah. Sorry then. I also just now saw how my last post sounds. Ew I sound rude.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: October 18, 2014, 09:37:15 pm »

I haven't felt like playing in months except for round-long bursts, but I know that when I did, I was always thinking to myself that extended would be great on Urist.

I stopped playing it because I would flinch in real life every time I saw a security worker/HoP/captain stroll into the bar. My heart would race with fear every time somebody addressed me, especially if in person. I eventually ended up spending most of my time idling in lockers because I didn't feel safe to tab out for a few seconds standing in public. I dropped having a start-of-shift routine (getting clothes and comb and such) because some people preferred not to wait until others had a chance to roleplay for a bit before they started carrying out their objectives. I'd spend a few minutes getting ready and then die.

Even when I was an antagonist myself, I was too afraid to do anything risky, but still obligated to harm the crew, so I did indiscriminate, non-confrontational attacks- breaking windows to space to suffocate those who aren't paying attention and trying to be intimidating. I couldn't fight worth shit if I didn't have a stunning tool/it was versus more than one person because when I get that adrenaline rush, my hands freeze up and go numb, so I can't move my fingers much at all. My preference of not getting involved with anything risky got Pwnzerfaust pissed off at me the moment he called out for help with traitor!Trey Lloyd and I had literally just stepped outside of the station to leave it. He did not take kindly to my non-confrontational traitor policies either, so... yeah. Not going further into that.

If I didn't stop playing, I'd have started having panic attacks again. The game was causing me too much stress.

After I got over my surprise at random announcing the game mode when I came back for a few rounds during August or September, I was actually happy about it, because I remember my sighs of relief when I learned the round wasn't ling or traitor or anything where trust removed you from the round.

So... yeah. I like that people play extended. If I tried to get back into it again, I'd have a lot of fun with it. I like the idea of a calm round.
I, oddly enough, also like what calamity mode sounds like. Everything's fucked to hell from the beginning, so I'd not feel guilty engaging anxious caution mode.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: October 18, 2014, 09:47:33 pm »

AHAHAHAHA
EXTENDED
CALM
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: October 18, 2014, 10:02:40 pm »

-snip-
I had this problem for a while actually. My solution was to play security until I got confident enough in my robusting skills. Also, I realized that SS13 is not everything, so if I die and the round is nowhere near to ending, I just log off and play something else for a while. Really lets me play more riskily and makes it more fun.
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1654