Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124449 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18495 on: August 24, 2014, 05:16:40 am »

Was it tg or Bay that added the possibility of guns going off at disarm? Because that sounds like a good balancing strategy if it can hurt the disarmer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:17 am »

Was it tg or Bay that added the possibility of guns going off at disarm? Because that sounds like a good balancing strategy if it can hurt the disarmer.

Bay. It needs a MUCH higher chance of hitting the disarmer though. Currently it's almost guaranteed to be a safe disarm.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: August 24, 2014, 06:22:22 am »

/tg/ used to have a bug where plasma spawned by plasma grenades was always at 0 temperature, so it would instantly flood the room and slow everyone down to kill them.
Even after it was fixed, plasma grenades are still incredibly robust. They spawn plasma in a circle around the grenade, ignoring windows. So you can throw a grenade at a window and plasma will spawn on the other side too. At least in /tg/code.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: August 24, 2014, 06:32:48 am »

At least you tried. 'Tis a learning experience. Remember when you set the medbay foyer on fire? As it turned out, the RD had just a moment ago sprayed phoron out of a spray bottle "to see what it does". Then, suddenly, Lux comes in smoking, !!FOOM!!. Those 'NO SMOKING' signs are there for a reason.

That was a lot of fire for not much plasma. Still pissed that I didn't manage to grab the lizard and shove them in the Odysseus sleeper to stop them from being crisped by that :l
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: August 24, 2014, 07:27:31 am »

Bay. It needs a MUCH higher chance of hitting the disarmer though. Currently it's almost guaranteed to be a safe disarm.

I'd say, around the Push chance, maybe double that if you need two hits to be badly hurt. Push is disarmer instawin, being shot should be the defender equivalent.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gulddom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18500 on: August 24, 2014, 08:17:54 pm »

Server seems to be crashing
Edit: It recovered.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:20:53 pm by Gulddom »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: August 24, 2014, 11:22:28 pm »

Random idea for the jungle map: Big, scary animals with tusks that can be hacked off to make ivory goods. I will be a British big game hunter with a fake mustache and a massive rifle.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »

Random idea for the jungle map: Big, scary animals with tusks that can be hacked off to make ivory goods. I will be a British big game hunter with a fake mustache and a massive rifle.
Ivory billiard balls.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: August 24, 2014, 11:43:37 pm »

Make a small chance of facehuggers spawning (;
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: August 24, 2014, 11:45:32 pm »

So boars or elephants? Crazed blood thirsty elephants would be really fitting for Urist actually.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:02 pm »

So boars or elephants? Crazed blood thirsty elephants would be really fitting for Urist actually.
Elephants don't seem to be the most fitting in a jungle. Maybe boars, although I was picturing more like a saber-toothed cat.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18506 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:54 pm »

Elephants don't seem to be the most fitting in a jungle. Maybe boars, although I was picturing more like a saber-toothed cat.

For some reason I now want mammoths. Or it might be because it is almost 1 in the morning.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: August 25, 2014, 10:25:41 am »

Despite the fact that Indian Elephants live in jungles?
Perhaps, although I've never heard "elephant" and imagined "lives in a horrible life-threatening jungle." I think more like African savannahs and light forests.

Also: unless we want a multi-tile simple_animal, elephants may be difficult to pull off in a way that looks decent.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:36 am »

...make the sprite 64x64, it's that simple?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18509 on: August 25, 2014, 10:28:10 am »

Dwarfed elephants? Might have to ask Nien how the multi-tile sprites would look.
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1654