Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122271 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18075 on: August 10, 2014, 04:23:27 am »

Okay, while I'm fiddling with the server code (because its the middle of the night and I'm bored), is there something I need to do on my end to get the more slick interface, instead of a sort of - kind of not really HTML interface? Or is that something Vactor has disabled on his end or something?

The kinda-HTML interface is, I believe, actual BYOND interface, whereas the more nice looking UIs have yet to be made for most of the things. Unless we're talking about something else.

E: Glloyd, why on earth did you enable role protection?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:25:01 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18076 on: August 10, 2014, 04:38:15 am »

No, I think we're talking about the same thing :P

Hmm, maybe I've just been looking a different SS13 code base... Though the thing I have running is from Urist Mcstation's github... though I think your github link is out of date? I'll have to go hunt down the right one.

Anyway, it's the difference between this interface (from BS12, looks like crap HTML)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this one, from TGS I think?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're both HTML. One of them is just really lazy HTML, and the other one looks fancier :P

Edit: ahhhh, there's the new github. *pokepoke*
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:42:49 am by Kriellya »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18077 on: August 10, 2014, 05:14:46 am »

Okay, while I'm fiddling with the server code (because its the middle of the night and I'm bored), is there something I need to do on my end to get the more slick interface, instead of a sort of - kind of not really HTML interface? Or is that something Vactor has disabled on his end or something?

The kinda-HTML interface is, I believe, actual BYOND interface, whereas the more nice looking UIs have yet to be made for most of the things. Unless we're talking about something else.

AFAIK, the BYOND built-in interface was only used for the chem dispensers (and the game window), but chem dispensers got nano'd

But yeah, the first one is just "raw" HTML and the second one is using the stylesheet. If you want to code a new window that looks good, search the code for datum/popup or something like that.

(Then there's also nanoUI which uses javascript but it's not used a lot because it's usually not needed)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18078 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:53 am »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18079 on: August 10, 2014, 10:17:17 am »

AFAIK, the BYOND built-in interface was only used for the chem dispensers (and the game window), but chem dispensers got nano'd

But yeah, the first one is just "raw" HTML and the second one is using the stylesheet. If you want to code a new window that looks good, search the code for datum/popup or something like that.

(Then there's also nanoUI which uses javascript but it's not used a lot because it's usually not needed)

everything you can inject html into is prone to exploits

SINGULOSPAWN PAPER NEVER FORGET ;_;7

seriously though, before the chemdispenser went nano/10 i could go into my cache and edit the dispenser at will (not like they have file hashes)

i only did it to get a 100 button because holy shit am i really expected to be fucked with pressing 50 when i'm filling like 120 large beakers to never visit chemistry again and build every single piece of electronics my heart desired but i do admit to testing that... somewhere, sometime

could probably still get away with it by slamming it into floorbot controls or silly shit like that, but i don't think it'd be as easy as that

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18080 on: August 10, 2014, 11:36:39 am »

Server has been updated to apply a hotfix, and is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18081 on: August 10, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »

Batons are still 1hitinstawinnomatterwhat sticks.

Lovely.

edit

>can't stun on harm baton
>baton still 1hitwins on every other intent

God damn it Glloyd you got the bad and good parts mixed up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:05:14 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18082 on: August 10, 2014, 12:05:27 pm »

Lovely.
You mean the stun batons that are there to end fights as quickly as possible with minimal harm?
Yes they are.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18083 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »

Lovely.
You mean the stun batons that are there to end fights as quickly as possible with minimal harm?
Yes they are.

Soon we're going to nerf flashes. Then there will be nothing to stop the revolution! MWAHAHAH-cough.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18084 on: August 10, 2014, 12:16:16 pm »

Lovely.
Yes they are.

Both of you, get a chill pill. We're gonna have cuffs require an aggressive grab soon-ish, plus they WILL use the same effect as the tasers. So it evens out.

Also, vg changed most of the station vending machines with extremely cheap-ass machines that vend 'food' (and drinks) for want of a better term. I like it. Chef and Bartender still have the regular quality ones.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18085 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:13 pm »

Lovely.
Yes they are.

Both of you, get a chill pill. We're gonna have cuffs require an aggressive grab soon-ish, plus they WILL use the same effect as the tasers. So it evens out.

Also, vg changed most of the station vending machines with extremely cheap-ass machines that vend 'food' (and drinks) for want of a better term. I like it. Chef and Bartender still have the regular quality ones.

I'm sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying aggressive grabs will be instastun?

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18086 on: August 10, 2014, 12:30:56 pm »

They're saying handcuffs will require you to be aggressively grabbing your foe before cuffing.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18087 on: August 10, 2014, 12:35:56 pm »

are grabs better in bay than they are in tg because if they are the same that's going to cause nobody to ever handcuff again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18088 on: August 10, 2014, 12:41:15 pm »

It takes a second to aggressive grab if they aren't running. As far as I can see, all this prevents is you cuffing someone in the middle of a fight.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18089 on: August 10, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »

Wait, I am seriously confused. Since when has anyone actually complained about cuffing? You usually cuff when someone is already stunned, not like a 2 second difference will matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 1654