Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119524 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16485 on: May 02, 2014, 02:10:09 am »

there's a lot of problems I think with baycode antag selection. My biggest complaint is that it picks way to little of them usually a ratio of 8:1 it seems. Another is the glitches and other quirks with it that the admins have said like picking people even when they are banned from it and even not picking any antags at all. Compaired to tgcode, baycode feels like they used old gooncode and only lowered the number of antags and left the rest as is.

Oh god. I just checked. It's not even 8:1. It's one traitor per TEN PLAYERS. No wonder it's all so slow. Putting a PR to change it to five right now.

E: Up. Ready to merge.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:19:42 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: May 02, 2014, 04:09:21 am »

there's a lot of problems I think with baycode antag selection. My biggest complaint is that it picks way to little of them usually a ratio of 8:1 it seems. Another is the glitches and other quirks with it that the admins have said like picking people even when they are banned from it and even not picking any antags at all. Compaired to tgcode, baycode feels like they used old gooncode and only lowered the number of antags and left the rest as is.

Oh god. I just checked. It's not even 8:1. It's one traitor per TEN PLAYERS. No wonder it's all so slow. Putting a PR to change it to five right now.

Oh god my first guess was 10, but I scaled it back to 8, I guess I was right the first time. You are a saint.

Bay Hates fun™
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:14:49 am by Liction »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: May 02, 2014, 04:58:06 am »

Oh god my first guess was 10, but I scaled it back to 8, I guess I was right the first time. You are a saint.

Bay Hates fun™

Did you read the PR? Because that is the exact wording of the description.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: May 02, 2014, 05:22:56 am »

The AI needs other ways of killing the entire crew so that it's not just plasmafires.
Jesus, must suck to be born with zero creativity.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: May 02, 2014, 09:59:48 am »

I apologize to Frost Titan for calling him or her names and other rudenesses last night. I'm sorry.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: May 02, 2014, 11:12:14 am »

The AI needs other ways of killing the entire crew so that it's not just plasmafires.
Perhaps I should add the following:
efficient
applicable in most circumstances

I want the AI to fill the air with something like mindbreaker instead of plasma and pick their targets off while everyone is hallucinating.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: May 02, 2014, 11:21:11 am »

Malf AI gets more fun goodies, however it doesn't come up enough to be... Well, Common :P

Plus you don't have to worry about other people antagonizing because by the point the AI is killing people, everyone'll storm the AI chambers or call the shuttle.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: May 02, 2014, 12:19:34 pm »

How?

Think 2d Flatbush from Futurama but not quite. I'll have to make a mockup sometime. Not at my main computer until next week. I don't have any graph paper now either. It could be a weird away mission where everyone has to set intent to yellow/red so no squeezing past anyone.

Quick notes:
Side on view
3 tile tall work areas
long horizontal departments
Maintenance strips between 'decks'
Computers/consoles embedded in bottom walls, walls 2 tiles thick except where consoles sit in gaps
All lights in'ceiling' top wall

--------
--------
 '    '

--u--u-
-------

- walls
u console
' lights

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: May 02, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »

Perhaps I should add the following:
efficient
applicable in most circumstances

I want the AI to fill the air with something like mindbreaker instead of plasma and pick their targets off while everyone is hallucinating.

Mindbreaker kind of sucks as a hallucinogen, because it:

a) Completely and utterly fucks you over for the rest of forever;
b) Is causing fainting, often absurdly frequent, and because of Baymed, potentially lethal overdoses (I actually died of Mindbreaker overdose after a certain someone kidnapped me and stuffed me full of it as a thanks for not killing him when I had a chance);

Also, you cannot spread Mindbreaker like you would Plasma, because it's a chemical and adding a new gas is a thing you Do Not Do with Atmos, unless you love lag dearly.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: May 02, 2014, 12:26:52 pm »

Actually you can edit the settings for Plasma with ZAS and make it hallucinogenic and hardly lethal at all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: May 02, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

Actually you can edit the settings for Plasma with ZAS and make it hallucinogenic and hardly lethal at all.

Wow, you're totally right. They specifically included functions for hallucinogenic plasma, and modifications to the toxin damage inflicted isn't too hard either. Plus, they've included options for plasma burning on contact and being able to contaminate clothing. It's another thing entirely if those options work or not, but they're there.
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: May 02, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »

But if it's non-toxic and flammable, then it WILL end in a massive plasma fire sooner or later because some derp will forget not to smoke, and if it isn't, it's not really Plasma anymore.

Tangentially, it's not called Plasma anymore. Because, uh. Reasons, I guess?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: May 02, 2014, 12:36:29 pm »

Sawu made a chemgas prototype for LINDA.
It was p cool.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: May 02, 2014, 12:41:14 pm »

Excessive CO2 causes blackouts, IIRC. The only snag is that you need to modify the scrubbers to prevent them from clearing it.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »

Laughing gas is my favorite.
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 1654