Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118446 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16080 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »

We need XCOM-style kinetic strike modules for our combat mechs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16081 on: April 19, 2014, 09:18:58 pm »

Or atleast for the ones with arms.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16082 on: April 19, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »

Security have a bit more power with the hostage system, basically now guns are the best weapons.

I think I've said this before somewhere. But I find the hostage system nothing but a hilarious trap for the user. The auto shot seems so delayed it's perfectly possible to kill the person who took you hostage before they get a single shot off.

Also I don't like science being able to get guns. It makes perfect sense sure, but typically I don't like the idea of people in unscrutinized roles having so much personal power. (other then myself of course which is why I steal from the armory almost every round.) I mean, that's just personal preference, but it feels odd that in a round of decent length the RD is going to be deadlier then the HoS.

Edit: That said Corai said something about being able to beat anyone by clicking on them once, if you auto aim at someone can you manually fire and automatically hit them or something? If so, I could see that being useful. Although as a auto aim system, not a auto fire system.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:22:20 pm by Criptfeind »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16083 on: April 19, 2014, 09:47:28 pm »

It is both, normally if you select them then you keep firing untill they go down or you run out of shots.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16084 on: April 19, 2014, 10:11:07 pm »

The RD can be hella powerful even without spamming stun revolvers. Many a round as RD I've made a Durand, and kitted it out with grenade launchers and lasers. Plus you've got toxins, and xenobio. A competent RD can easily become more powerful than security. Now, that said, it's now easier to just spam guns.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16085 on: April 20, 2014, 01:16:20 am »

Mutiny round went well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

led to

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16086 on: April 20, 2014, 01:40:31 am »

That was a fun round even if i sent most of my time wandering around medbay after the HoS exploded in the captain's room. Good thing diona dont need air and can survive in space perfectly fine.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16087 on: April 20, 2014, 06:07:04 am »

OP Science is certainly a better alternative than Science doing exactly jack shit back in /tg/code
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16088 on: April 20, 2014, 06:35:14 am »

OP Science is certainly a better alternative than Science doing exactly jack shit back in /tg/code

They're still doing jack shit. It's just that now when they don't do jack shit, they can stuncuffggnore you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16089 on: April 20, 2014, 07:00:43 am »

Tg science will improve in the foreseeable future, fleure has plans for xenobio and jalleo is going to work on R&D this summer.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16090 on: April 20, 2014, 09:32:56 am »

The RD can be hella powerful even without spamming stun revolvers. Many a round as RD I've made a Durand, and kitted it out with grenade launchers and lasers. Plus you've got toxins, and xenobio. A competent RD can easily become more powerful than security. Now, that said, it's now easier to just spam guns.

Actually, the Durand is exactly what I was talking about. I honestly don't know if Durand weapons are locked in TG code. I believe they were locked on a server I played on two years ago, which is really my only other point of reference. (Although I might actually be incorrect in that statement. But it hardly matters since I almost always played RD and did not allow the robotcist to build weapon mechs.)

I sorta disagree. Science is pretty much a single player game most of the time. That's doing jack shit. Sometimes with collaboration with mining. A good scientist would collaborate with SEC to get weapons for them and make them mechs. That's not doing jack shit. Now since science can and will just ignore SEC they are going to do even less for the station. Be totally unhelpful even more often. The only thing that's going to come out of science now is the occasional RD or even roboticst with more personal power then everyone else on the station combined going on a power trip.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:36:04 am by Criptfeind »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16091 on: April 20, 2014, 09:39:02 am »

The only thing that's going to come out of science now is the occasional RD or even roboticst with more personal power then everyone else on the station combined going on a power trip.

Don't rain on my parade. Rampaging in a mech made me proud of my creation and then allowed me to sulk when it was taken away.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16092 on: April 20, 2014, 09:40:13 am »

A good scientist would collaborate with SEC to get weapons for them and make them mechs.
Hah, like that ever happens.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16093 on: April 20, 2014, 09:42:28 am »

I used to do it all the time on a station that was way less RP and more fuckaroundy then this.

I'm calling all you scientists out. If you don't collaborate with SEC, unless you have a very good reason like it being full of shitheads this round, you are actually a bad scientist. The science equivalent of shitcurity. Go play Xenobiology or telescience or something that's totally meaningless you nerds.

Edit: I'd probably even fire the lot of you if I was the captain or RD and if that wouldn't get the admins mad at me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:45:13 am by Criptfeind »

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16094 on: April 20, 2014, 10:02:14 am »

Edit: I'd probably even fire the lot of you if I was the captain or RD and if that wouldn't get the admins mad at me.
Being fired is an IC-issue, so I see no reason for why the admins should get involved. And if you were fired without a good reason, you can report it to IA or the HoP anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 ... 1654