Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117608 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15060 on: March 20, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »

Though, to be honest, I've always wanted to do a station similar to the mining colony- the entire thing is built into an asteroid, is very, very small, and includes walks through asteroid tunnels and reinforced glass tube halls.
A big version exists.

I wouldn't mind seeing a space ship flotilla away mission. No walkways, just enough distance to jump out and get inside the next ship if you didn't bring a space suit.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:29 pm »

Again though, anything over 255x255 is impractical, and would most likely run into some snag, because SS13 is designed around 255x255 maps. Impractical, but an interesting thought experiment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: March 20, 2014, 07:56:43 pm »

Well, great. Lets see how small I can make an asteroid base with many asteroids...

Anyone know where I can get baycode files to use, to cut down of snags?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: March 20, 2014, 08:03:10 pm »

Well, great. Lets see how small I can make an asteroid base with many asteroids...

Anyone know where I can get baycode files to use, to cut down of snags?

Google is your friend.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: March 20, 2014, 09:48:34 pm »

Epic cult round. I was the reviled Michael Venatus, Medical Doctor. I'm not exactly sure why I was reviled, because the only person I killed was the Head of Security. A Brandon Flickenger kept accusing me of almost murdering Janet Williams, the Security Officer, but I never harmed her, just stunned and cuffed her. It was amusing, because Hanvulgar said, "I'm sparing you, Chaplain, because if there IS an evil cult, I want you on my side." The chaplain walked around the corner, and I stunned the Captain, dragging him into maintenance and cuffing him, stripping his ID, then stripping all his things. It took us awhile to find a third cultist, (Me and the psychologist, that is) but we finally sacrificed Hanvulgar and spread word that the shuttle should get called.

Then I just had to avoid the psychotic, hateful AI, even though all I ever did was stun Janet, where it could see, that is. It had a hatemurderboner against me. Bad Corai.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: March 20, 2014, 11:44:25 pm »

All I saw was attempted murder, an evil cult and a dead captain.

Get suffocated, evil person. :u
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: March 20, 2014, 11:48:06 pm »

Unless you were non-asimov.... cult is still people :(
Nom nom nom

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:36 pm »

Was paladin.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: March 21, 2014, 03:58:24 am »

But if you read Asimov's "I Robot" you will see that robots can 'break' the first law in order to save more lives. The robots with Asimov's laws are able to allow the harm of or harm a human, if it prevents or might prevent the harming of more humans. Based on that, even asimov AI's can still harm or even kill traitors, syndicates, cultists, wizards and death squads if it would save more human lives in the end.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: March 21, 2014, 04:25:09 am »

But if you read Asimov's "I Robot" you will see that robots can 'break' the first law in order to save more lives. The robots with Asimov's laws are able to allow the harm of or harm a human, if it prevents or might prevent the harming of more humans. Based on that, even asimov AI's can still harm or even kill traitors, syndicates, cultists, wizards and death squads if it would save more human lives in the end.

Not here (or on /tg/). The lawsets are explicitly rigid in that respect. AI has to prevent human harm - for ANY humans present. That includes antags.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: March 21, 2014, 04:31:34 am »

For my playstyle I usually try to save as many people as possible as Asimov, and avoid any form of sacrifice unless it's unavoidable, in which then I start to compare them like chess pieces.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:02 am »

I have been made very happy. Even if we do NOT switch to BS12code at all, we're likely getting the modular cooking for /tg/.

Speaking of, how's the switch coming along?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: March 21, 2014, 10:05:35 am »

I never read it, but didn't those robots have a zeroth law to protect humanity or something?  Think I heard someone mention it...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: March 21, 2014, 10:42:07 am »

I never read it, but didn't those robots have a zeroth law to protect humanity or something?  Think I heard someone mention it...

Only one robot did, I believe, and he was a very special robot. The vast, vast, vast majority of the robots in the setting had only the three laws, and not the zeroth one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: March 21, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

yeah fair enough, they did also have the ability to 'pick and choose' who'd they prefer to save and what not as well.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1654