Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117592 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15030 on: March 19, 2014, 08:53:55 pm »

In other news, This.
That's old. I wonder what Aphtonites is up to now. Haven't talked to him in a while.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »

(SCOM sucks)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: March 19, 2014, 11:36:44 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: March 20, 2014, 02:00:21 am »

All this "OH MAN LOOK AT HOW TERRIBLE VG IS THEIR PLAYERS KNOW ABOUT ANTAGS" stuff is sort of annoying me. Their playstyle is different, doesn't mean it's shit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: March 20, 2014, 02:40:23 am »

All this "OH MAN LOOK AT HOW TERRIBLE VG IS THEIR PLAYERS KNOW ABOUT ANTAGS" stuff is sort of annoying me. Their playstyle is different, doesn't mean it's shit.
Come on miauw, you should know by now that elitism is the Bay12 way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vortex Rikers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: March 20, 2014, 03:46:03 am »

I don't know.. some of my fondest memories were probably those of the entire station slipping on wet shitstains splattered across every hallway of every department, the bartender forcefully serving jenkem to every soul unfortunate enough to step inside, medbay being the place you'd go to to get violently butchered then cloned and killed over and over again in an infinite cycle of pain, shitcurity would wear their own asses instead of their helmets and would always get gibbed because they tried to stun with the harm intent, and the captain used his all-access to cook up 20x20 bombs then nuke the station, just because he could. Players would seethe with rage and be complete douchebags to one another.

It was immature, ridiculous and disgusting, but it was insanity, over the top cranked to 11, and hilarious.

Which is probably why I always feel so jarred that everyone more or less cooperates with one another during most rounds. Almost as if these rabid beasts are actually trying to be civil. Makes you want to be civil too, crazy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: March 20, 2014, 09:31:07 am »

Come on miauw, you should know by now that elitism is the Bay12 way.
Not as much as it is the goon way. Those damn inferior goons, being so elitist all the time. We're much better than them.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: March 20, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

...shitcurity would wear their own asses instead of their helmets...

You could say they were all...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...asshats.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: March 20, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »

No. Please no.

In other news, is there anything preventing a SS13 map being larger than the norm besides lag issues?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:16 pm »

The map maker has a built-in limit. It can be exceeded by directly modifying the .dmm file in a text editor.
Also, a larger map isn't neccesary.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: March 20, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »

The limit on dream maker is 1000x1000. Of course, SS13 maps have 6 Z-levels, and that alone (with nothing on the map) creates a 5MB map file. It also lags the shit out of dream maker, and I'd assume Dream Seeker/Dream Daemon as well. Also, SS13 is designed for maps that are 255x255, and making any bigger would require making all of the z-levels bigger, and I believe would mess up some stuff with transferring between Z-levels. I could be wrong on that last point though. Still, as Miauw said, there is no need for a station that large.

Having said that, I'd love to make a massive station that takes up almost an entire 300x300+ z-level, and cluster the departments together in some portion of it, as if they are the last survivable (or inhabited) area in this massive ruined old space hulk. Have a shit ton of abandoned rooms, holes to space, boarded off areas and whatnot in it, and make navigating through the abandoned areas dangerous somehow. It'd be an entirely different (and impractical) experience, but it's a cool idea.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »

shitcurity would ... always get gibbed because they tried to stun with the harm intent

Why does that get them gibbed?
Stunning someone on harm intent stuns them and BEATS THEM with the baton.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: March 20, 2014, 04:27:46 pm »

If I was tasked with designing a "marco" station (max size or greater)...

Hmm. It's fun to think about how much you can include. I wouldn't mind a few redundant systems, actually. I'm imagining a "side-of-an-asteroid" base, built with redundancy, dangerous hallways, and a "class" thing going on.

The main idea here is a rather ritzy, fancy area that's fairly easily exposed to space, aside from a bridge area which connects to Sec and is beefy.

There's, for instance, a huge-ass bar and kitchen, but a job like Hydroponics is in the normal area inside the asteroid, which is more cramped and shitty. There's a SEPERATE bar and kitchen in shitstation, since the ritzy station is going to have all the good stuff that explosions love so much.

A third area, which is workstation, contains the engineer/research stuff in a less shitty but not great place. It's also far removed from the other two.

Illicit is huge and hard to navigate, built INTO the asteroid. Open the wrong area, and you may wind up opening a door right to space, as there's no security/safety features.

---

I understand NT is the shittiest station manager, but you'd think there'd be data on what gets fucked up the most, and redundant systems put in place. Like separate cloning bays.

---

Though, to be honest, I've always wanted to do a station similar to the mining colony- the entire thing is built into an asteroid, is very, very small, and includes walks through asteroid tunnels and reinforced glass tube halls.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: March 20, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »

There could be two sets of kitchens/bars one for a smaller bar area and one for a large cafeteria area. The cafeteria area could have a small fancy lounge for the higher up positions and include some more gourmet snack items. Also is the current server IP located in the first post?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: March 20, 2014, 04:38:39 pm »

There could be two sets of kitchens/bars one for a smaller bar area and one for a large cafeteria area. The cafeteria area could have a small fancy lounge for the higher up positions and include some more gourmet snack items. Also is the current server IP located in the first post?

Yes, the one hosted by Vactor. If you cannot connect, keep in mind, the server might be down since BYOND is acting up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1654