Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119744 times)

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13890 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:50 am »

I've recently learned how incredible a round as a traitor xenobiologist can be. Releasing aliens all over the station with gold slimes has an enormous risk of backfiring, but it is always really fun.
I mean, bombs are useful and all that, but they are quite boring. Space bears, giant spiders, hivebots and the occasional locker on the loose is hilarious!
EMP can get you everywhere with just a crowbar, mutagen can be injected into food, golems are also very useful.

On a recent round i spawned two giant spiders, one space bear and one hivebot. Got myself killed since i forgot to throw away the extract, but within ten minutes there were about 20 spiders on the station, the shuttle was called and half the station was cocooned. I think only four of 18 crewmembers got away with their lives.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: February 05, 2014, 09:28:15 am »

I'm thinking that putting the SMES output up as the first step, which is what the wiki recommends, is maybe not ideal. Next time I'll get the accelerator put together first and maybe actually cut SMES output until I'm ready to turn on emitters. Going CE rather than engineer so I actually have the access to use the PACMAN myself would be the other thing. I posted the above because when I played in the summer I used to have no problem getting the singulo up in time, and I felt the time window seemed to have shrunk.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:08 am »

I've hacked the CE's door and gotten the engine set up in time. But yes, SMES is last. You don't want the station pulling 80k or 100k or more out of each versus 50k.

Solars can easily be expanded. I'm betting very few of our self proclaimed engineers knows how to set up a new solar array from a crate or even just expand arrays and have the tracker recognize them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:00:43 am by BigD145 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:59 am »

What, besides me?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:37 am »

I've set up solar arays before...

Also, this is important, ALL ENGINEERS HAVE SECURE STORAGE ACCES., at least on meta/boxstation. The button is in the CE's office, but normal engineers can use it too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: February 05, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

I dont think it (like most of the buttons) has a access restriction.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: February 05, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

Solars are super-easy. I used to make extra arrays all the time when I was playing a lot of QM.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11:01 am »

Instead of breaking into the Chief's office, just turn off the power and crowbar both secure storage doors open.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11:42 am »

Arent they the shutter doors?
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:24 am »

Instead of breaking into the Chief's office, just turn off the power and crowbar both secure storage doors open.

There's actually something to that. You can even replace the battery at the same time with a better one.

Solars are super-easy. I used to make extra arrays all the time when I was playing a lot of QM.
I learned between that and getting derelict operational.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: February 05, 2014, 04:53:35 pm »

Clown (Bubbleshits) must assassinate Derya Levni, the Chemist!

Problems:
Derya is paranoid. She carries at least one syringe of chloral whenever possible, for pacifisim in rough situations.
Derya is a pacifist, but she isn't stupid. After running away from the clown a couple of times, she figured out he wouldn't stop.
Derya was a Chemist. The clown attempted to blow a hole in Chemistry, causing her to flee.
Derya picked up a couple things from Surgery figuring they'd be helpful. Her plan was to not directly HARM the clown, but not deal with constant murder attempts.
Derya had an anesthesia tank, gas mask, muzzle, straightjacket, syringe gun, and 6 syringes (two of which were Dexalin Plus, the rest, chloral cocktails).

Solution:
Derya didn't know the clown PDA is made of soap.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: February 05, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »

No, its the cartage. The PDA itself is fine.
Highly Opinionated Fool

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:24 pm »

There's actually something to that. You can even replace the battery at the same time with a better one.

Is this still needed?  I dimly recall reading somewhere on the wiki that engineering now starts with a high-cap power cell, so a replacement isn't needed quite so quickly.

It irritates me that the emitters can't draw power from the Engineering APC, but I understand why that's beneficial.  When I'm engineer, first thing I actually tend to do is switch OFF one of the SMESes - the rest of the station can go without lighting for a while as I get the particle accelerator set up, plasma tanks filled to max, etc.  That means that I then just have to flick that SMES back on again and nip outside to turn on the emitters/field generators, without running the risk of all of the SMESes getting drained in the meantime and having to resort to PACMAN or solars to provide the initial bootstrap power.

I hereby apologise to all those who have had to run around in the dark for five minutes at round start as a result.  Hey, you should learn to turn off the lights when you leave a room, it's economical!  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »

Clown (Bubbleshits) must assassinate Derya Levni, the Chemist!

Problems:
Derya is paranoid. She carries at least one syringe of chloral whenever possible, for pacifisim in rough situations.
Derya is a pacifist, but she isn't stupid. After running away from the clown a couple of times, she figured out he wouldn't stop.
Derya was a Chemist. The clown attempted to blow a hole in Chemistry, causing her to flee.
Derya picked up a couple things from Surgery figuring they'd be helpful. Her plan was to not directly HARM the clown, but not deal with constant murder attempts.
Derya had an anesthesia tank, gas mask, muzzle, straightjacket, syringe gun, and 6 syringes (two of which were Dexalin Plus, the rest, chloral cocktails).

Solution:
Derya didn't know the clown PDA is made of soap.
Bubbles is sorry your end was gory, but several fun details are missing from your story!
Bubbles felt something slick under his heel, it was his own banana peel.
Derya had a chance to end it all, but she ran on Bubbles's PDA and had a fall.
On her person C4 did he plant, and her guts got all over his clown pants.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:11 pm »

I like to think that Jericho has a German accent.

...Totes gonna use German words now.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1654