Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119161 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13365 on: January 21, 2014, 05:49:51 pm »

I don't think anyone plays assistant with the intent to be useful, b_knight.  :P
LIES. Its not my fault noone notices...
Noone-senpai noticed me today!~

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: January 21, 2014, 06:01:40 pm »

BAD. THAT WAS BAD OF YOU.

It made me sad...  :'(
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:37 pm »

Had another amazing round, this server is really getting me back into *playing* SS13 instead of just coding.  I probably shouldn't criticize the /tg/station playstyle, since it can be fun too, but I love the level of RP that goes on here.  I also felt very welcome despite nobody knowing my character.  I was able to have interesting conversations, let the meta out of my decisions, and actually get immersed in the RP.

My favorite round ever happened on this server, too, months ago: http://www.ss13.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57&p=7116&#p7116

Haha, I remember that. I was the inspector. I really gotta do more of those, they're pretty fun.
Wow, I actually remember that round!  I have bad memory, but I was the virologist.  Was about half-way to my 'clinical immortality' virus, hence why I only got +3.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: January 21, 2014, 10:10:57 pm »

Was I the cook then? I cant remember. I was cook often then.

I dont think it was when I was the black russian mime redoing the bar and getting very fat at the end.
Of, and a asshole of a medical twerp who napalmed the place. Scarred the wood floor too.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: January 22, 2014, 01:17:13 am »

Had another amazing round, this server is really getting me back into *playing* SS13 instead of just coding.  I probably shouldn't criticize the /tg/station playstyle, since it can be fun too, but I love the level of RP that goes on here.  I also felt very welcome despite nobody knowing my character.  I was able to have interesting conversations, let the meta out of my decisions, and actually get immersed in the RP.

My favorite round ever happened on this server, too, months ago: http://www.ss13.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57&p=7116&#p7116

Haha, I remember that. I was the inspector. I really gotta do more of those, they're pretty fun.

I also remember this round, but have no idea what I was doing during it. I could have been the Chef, come to think of it...
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:09 am »

For posterity?

CoraiUnki Announces:
     Despite the deaths of all but two of the crewmembers, the two survivors, Jericho and Bernard, lived. After Leonardo Parks, the rogue Nanotrasen Marine lead the two to Syndicate space, they would start their alives anew.

Jericho would resume his job as detective, and solve three major cases that had plagued the Syndicate organization for years.

Bernard Page would resume his medical job. He never did replace Runtime, even though several compasionate CyberSun employees attempted to find replacements.

Although, the loss of the alien was extremely detrimental to Nanotrasen's research, they pulled through. The research was completed, and the new source of plasma revolutionized science. Plasma became a common household item, and standards of living throughout the galaxy skyrocketed.

And the corpses of the fallen crewmembers, true to the rogue marine's word, were collected by the cleanup crews and sent to the Terran Confederacy to be cloned.

Minor crew victory.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:39:04 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: January 22, 2014, 08:33:08 am »

I don't really trust myself with writing decent fluff in English, but here's a couple of ideas and considerations regarding genetics:
Spoiler: About cloning. (click to show/hide)
---
On a more practical note, a small suggestion regarding the genetic research room: monkey pen moved to the lower right corner, to leave the way to medbay inner maintenance clear, for a more private path to lead the freshly cloned to cryogenics, instead of having them walk through respectively a public lobby, the monkey pen, or the morgue.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: January 22, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

The problem with having cloning fluff "OH GOD YOU JUST GOT CLONED IF YOU SEE YOUR DEAD BODY YOU ARE CRAZY FOREVER" isn't fun. At all. Obligatory amnesia makes sense and obligatory confusion is ok, but going insane because you just got cloned and the fluff says you should isn't fun

E:
Also admins can make their own AI boards with my new code. Just spawn an aiModule/core/full and varedit the laws var to contain the laws you want.

E2: Also sorry for putting the maint door at the back of the monkey pen it was either a maint door or the door to an actual room. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:45:45 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:36 am »

The problem with having cloning fluff "OH GOD YOU JUST GOT CLONED IF YOU SEE YOUR DEAD BODY YOU ARE CRAZY FOREVER" isn't fun. At all. Obligatory amnesia makes sense and obligatory confusion is ok, but going insane because you just got cloned and the fluff says you should isn't fun

E:
Also admins can make their own AI boards with my new code. Just spawn an aiModule/core/full and varedit the laws var to contain the laws you want.

I actually like Mimidormi's cloning fluff, because it implies that people who were cloned several times may become blasé, so you are free to freak out or just go 'oh, hey corpse of myself, I'll need to tell the assistant to haul it off to the Incinerator.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: January 22, 2014, 10:50:09 am »

Reactions to cloning would be one of those things I would leave up to the player, barring cloning amnesia. Some people aren't interested in having a mental breakdown when Assistant McGraverobber unzips their bodybag. Fearing and avoiding certain death should be practiced, though.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: January 22, 2014, 11:03:59 am »

Reactions to cloning would be one of those things I would leave up to the player, barring cloning amnesia. Some people aren't interested in having a mental breakdown when Assistant McGraverobber unzips their bodybag. Fearing and avoiding certain death should be practiced, though.

Or be Vladmir and imply Kenny Mccormik Syndrome :P

On a more serious note, I've never really bothered much other than 'Oh hey... Me' :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: January 22, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

This, though honestly I'd expect just about everyone to be inured to it after who knows how many deaths.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: January 22, 2014, 02:59:02 pm »

4 Players on, gamemode is secret. We need more folks on the server.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »

I'm coming once my BYOND updates.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:07 pm »

At 1 in the morning the other day, I played and there was well over 20 people, but in the afternoon there's 4, heh.

I maybe the only reason stuff always goes wrong is because everyone is tired during big rounds.
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1654