Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119769 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13215 on: January 17, 2014, 10:23:35 pm »

Yeah, the inherent problems with smaller stations are: you can't really do much of anything interesting as an antag, because there aren't any real "deserted" areas; if the population ever spikes, you don't even have the room for everyone to do their jobs. A big, sorta-empty station is both more playable and more atmospheric than a sorta-cramped one, regardless of what your goal for the round. IDK about anyone else, but there was a really unique feeling I got back when we played on Box, when the crew was only 10-15 people and we sort of clustered up in the bar and medbay lobby, this sensation of isolation, of people huddled around a campfire in a cave in the middle of the wilderness.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: January 17, 2014, 10:35:05 pm »

"One of us is missing. I'm going to go comb the vastness of maintenance looking for.....does someone want to come with me? Please?"

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: January 18, 2014, 01:13:20 am »

S-COM major defeat.

I couldn't grab the end of round summary, but I got this.

CoraiUnki Announces:
     Crispin Sacred, after arriving at Antioch V, obtained Alex Parker's money that he had kept for Crispin in the event of his death. Crispin became several million credits richer, for what it was worth in the galaxy where money was now worthless.

Jay Wright, after arriving at Antioch V, engaged the alien and ANTAG forces alongside Feren Leolleon. The combined forces of xenomorphs, necromorphs, creatures and changelings, as well as hostile ANTAG forces, quickly overwhelmed the two despite the mitilia they had formed from the survivors of S-COM and military and police forces.

The engineer dude was later captured by a xenomorph and used to host a larva.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: January 18, 2014, 01:53:16 am »

Also the Council member that told them S-COM was disbanded made the mistake of telling them in person.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: January 18, 2014, 02:43:01 am »

Also the Council member that told them S-COM was disbanded made the mistake of telling them in person.

Heh.

Oh, Jacob, Corai, Nien and I have begun codifying S-COM fluff. We're writing it all now for future reference.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: January 18, 2014, 05:22:58 am »

I don't like ministation because it's rather bland, even moreso than box.

Also, if you need me to help any of you out with code, I'd be glad to do so.
(just shoot me a PM on rizon)

Also if you want to expand the shuttle in-game you'll have to note that anything outside the shuttle area isn't taken with it, so you'll need to ask an admin to demolish the shuttle before you can build stuff there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:15:59 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: January 18, 2014, 09:15:47 am »

S-COM major defeat.

I couldn't grab the end of round summary, but I got this.

CoraiUnki Announces:
     Crispin Sacred, after arriving at Antioch V, obtained Alex Parker's money that he had kept for Crispin in the event of his death. Crispin became several million credits richer, for what it was worth in the galaxy where money was now worthless.

Jay Wright, after arriving at Antioch V, engaged the alien and ANTAG forces alongside Feren Leolleon. The combined forces of xenomorphs, necromorphs, creatures and changelings, as well as hostile ANTAG forces, quickly overwhelmed the two despite the mitilia they had formed from the survivors of S-COM and military and police forces.

The engineer dude was later captured by a xenomorph and used to host a larva.
Lesson of the day = Dont fuck with A.N.T.A.G.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: January 18, 2014, 09:18:18 am »

I had to leave that round early...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:00 am »

>logs on
Gamemode Vote
blob: 0
changeling: 0
traitorchan: 0
double_agents: 0
traitor: 0
cult: 0
extended: 0
malfunction: 0
meteor: 0
nuclear: 0
revolution: 0
sandbox: 1
wizard: 0
secret: 0
Vote Result: sandbox
World restarting due to vote...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: January 18, 2014, 10:36:35 am »

>logs on
Gamemode Vote
blob: 0
changeling: 0
traitorchan: 0
double_agents: 0
traitor: 0
cult: 0
extended: 0
malfunction: 0
meteor: 0
nuclear: 0
revolution: 0
sandbox: 1
wizard: 0
secret: 0
Vote Result: sandbox
World restarting due to vote...

This is why I don't play anymore.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:04 am »

ANTAG:

Baldies in suits and waistcoats who look exactly the same with heavy genetic augmentation. Butchered mercilessly.
Agents with stylish suits and waistcoats with hair and implants. Shown mercy simply for the fact of hair.
Russian grunts who are genetically dumbed-down and given revolvers. Grunts who get slaughtered in droves as cannon-fodder.

Moral of the story: Having hair and a name is the difference between life and death.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: January 18, 2014, 11:01:38 am »

ANTAG:

Baldies in suits and waistcoats who look exactly the same with heavy genetic augmentation. Butchered mercilessly.
Agents with stylish suits and waistcoats with hair and implants. Shown mercy simply for the fact of hair.
Russian grunts who are genetically dumbed-down and given revolvers. Grunts who get slaughtered in droves as cannon-fodder.

Moral of the story: Having hair and a name is the difference between life and death.

Well, obviously. If you've given the baldies helmets they would probably start dying autonomously.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: January 18, 2014, 11:07:52 am »

ANTAG:

Well, obviously. If you've given the baldies helmets they would probably start dying autonomously.

The baldies are already autonomous thus giving them the non-human factor. They even have sunglasses to cover their eyes. Thus, human mortality kicks in and favors the ones who stand out/have personality making them "more" human.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: January 18, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

If you people dont want the box of sand then get your asses on next time, but when there is one other person who is AFK I will turn it to sandbox.

Oh, and we ate the server.

Funfact, the sniper is exactly the same as the deagle, but with knockdowns and four shots.
Four shots.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: January 18, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

Damn. Need to get on more. DAMN YOU XCOM EU AND AC IV AS WELL AS FALLOUT NV DLC!!!!1!

* Iceblaster shakes fist angrily before getting back to XCOM
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1654