Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120043 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12585 on: December 20, 2013, 11:49:04 am »

One time me and J_L were trying to fix a breach in the main air tank, which raised the room's pressure to something like 10000 kpa.  This did not do any damage through hardsuits, but we had to get pretty inventive to be able to stand in place long enough to rebuild the walls with all that crazy space wind.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: December 20, 2013, 11:58:49 am »

Please join the server. So damn lonely out here in spehss.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: December 20, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »

If nobody's on, that means you can wreak all the havoc you want and nobody can stop you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »

Lonely indeed. More people!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: December 20, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

Currently furiously refactoring AI module code...

Maybe once I've hammered all the bugs out.

(Seriously jezus christ so much copypasta)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: December 20, 2013, 12:32:18 pm »

Currently furiously refactoring AI module code...

Maybe once I've hammered all the bugs out.

(Seriously jezus christ so much copypasta)
Sweet, some differences in the AI laws from time to time. TYRANT should be an option, IMO, but there's probably some reason why it needs illegal tech to be made and isn't placed on any of the maps.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: December 20, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »

I'm just refactoring the code. There's so much fucking copypasta. But I did already add a compile option to change roundstart behavior.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: December 20, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

We should update the OP to say something about arguments on Asimov laws, and why they SHOULDN'T happen.  You guys cluttered the thread with all that stuff, and should stick to PMs. Though the thread seems somewhat dead lately, at least to me, so it's not TOO bad.  Still something that causes extended arguments, which have been proven to get threads locked when someone finally snaps.  Anyways haven't been playing as much, my only IRL friend recently discovered the wonderful world of MMOs, so we've been playing those together.  Go on without me!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »

We should update the OP to say something about arguments on Asimov laws, and why they SHOULDN'T happen.  You guys cluttered the thread with all that stuff, and should stick to PMs. Though the thread seems somewhat dead lately, at least to me, so it's not TOO bad.  Still something that causes extended arguments, which have been proven to get threads locked when someone finally snaps.  Anyways haven't been playing as much, my only IRL friend recently discovered the wonderful world of MMOs, so we've been playing those together.  Go on without me!
You know, argument isn't by definition a bad thing. Nobody was putting any strong emotion into it, I think, and if people are concerned about it, we should be discussing it like civil adults (rather than ranting about why we're right or awkwardly ignoring the topic). It's a big part of AI gameplay, and it's not really fair (especially to players new to our server) to have inconsistent rules like "well, just play it how you think you should and try not to be a dick" without giving any hard definitions or examples, at least for something that is this dependent on nitpicking.

It'd be like just saying "this is a RP server, make sure to RP" and then banning anyone who ERPs or metas a little because they didn't know our group quirks.

Basically it's about trying to ensure that everyone has a good time, and I don't see why we shouldn't talk about that as long as nobody flips out. We're all more or less on the same side (in terms of wanting people to have fun), the differences are relatively minor. It's not like we avoid talking about other aspects of UMcS server policy just because someone might get upset and start a fight, right?  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: December 20, 2013, 10:48:59 pm »

ADMIN LOG: Nienhaus2/(Kert Jonson) has outbombed Cuban Pete and been awarded a bomb.
Soon right after Jacob gave me
Objective #1: YOUR NAME IS CUBAN PETE...
Objective #2: Die a glorious death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: December 20, 2013, 10:56:33 pm »

Good night, Everett Owen, captain of Синдикат стан- I mean Space Station 13, drunk smoker of illegal smokes and holder of an illegal pistol signing off.
By the way, the party room is FUCKED. And there is still that fucking lack of lighting at the observation area...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: December 20, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »

And there is still that fucking lack of lighting at the observation area...

Err...wouldn't an area set up to view stars be kept dim ON PURPOSE?  Would help set a relaxing mood, and keep reflection and glare on the windows to a bare minimum...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: December 20, 2013, 11:15:12 pm »

And there is still that fucking lack of lighting at the observation area...

That's intentional.

As for the gas sensor, I'll add it into the next map update. It's a biiiig update. Cargo changes, sec changes, a turbine, a crusher, and more! Expect me to post about it in a day or two. It won't be added to the server until Vactor gets back though.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: December 20, 2013, 11:17:49 pm »

Nienhaus2 was Kert Jonson (body destroyed)
Objective #1: YOUR NAME IS CUBAN PETE... Success!
Objective #2: Die a glorious death. Success!
The traitor was successful!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: December 20, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »

As for the gas sensor, I'll add it into the next map update. It's a biiiig update. Cargo changes, sec changes, a turbine, a crusher, and more! Expect me to post about it in a day or two. It won't be added to the server until Vactor gets back though the server dies and someone temp hosts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:31:02 am by BigD145 »
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 1654