Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120649 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12435 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:05 pm »

Hey all. I'm going to be away for a bit over the next two weeks, so I won't be on much, and I won't have many chances to merge /tg/. I WILL have time to do a bunch of map stuff, and some other little projects I intend to finish which I'll add in a few weeks. Also, I'll merge /tg/ later today so we get anything new. As always, let me know if any map issues pop up, I'll get PM's. I hope everyone's having a good holiday!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: December 16, 2013, 05:33:06 pm »

I didn't insist on keeping the parapen. It should just go.

And it's not an example of bad game design, it's an example of hypocrisy.

The main part of the parapen is the silencing, because ";HELP X IS KILLING ME IN LOCATION!"
>x is now screwed over, sec is going to location.
>ggnore.

Except usually security is just one to five people, and a competent traitor with a stun weapon can kill them all if need be. Not to mention, you should be MOVING if you get outed. A moving target is harder to hit.

I only ever use the parapen to kidnap people anyways. If I'm going to kill them, I usually will parapen them, drag them into an area they don't have access, plant a syndicate bomb, screwdriver it open, and leave a wirecutter on the ground. Then I stun them, uncuff them, and quickly turn on the bomb to a 60 second timer. Then you just sit outside the room with a cup of coffee and watch the show. They have a good chance to survive, and also you have a good chance to win. This is what antag is about. It's about making the round INTERESTING. You're more like a GM in DnD than a player once you get antagonist status. An antag that just quietly does their objectives than does nothing else the rest of the game is a shitty antag.
Yes. This. So much.

If you're going to get into a place, don't just hack in while no one watching. Blow the doors off.

Lolno. Steal gloves and clothing from a department, then emag every single airlock you come across.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: December 16, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »

Parapen+C4 is the absolute worst way to kill anyone. People forget that being an antag is about making the round interesting, not accomplishing your objectives. Someone should only be parapen+C4'd if that C4 is set to 99999 seconds and you need a good distraction for the crew ("HALP EXPLOSIVES STUCK TO ME HAAAAALP"). :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: December 16, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

Set it for less than 30 minutes and tell them they have 5 minutes to live. It'll eventually seem to take so long that they'll lose track of when you planted it on them and you can revise the time as each time passes. People may forget and you'll get a bigger head count when it does go off.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: December 16, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »

Parapen + C4 is hilarious if you do in in a crowded room. The issue with it normally is that it's super-safe. The only time I can recall doing it was when someone gave me traitor and admin fiat to murder an asshole, and I tortured him a bit in maint. before strapping him down in front of a window and letting the C4 blast his gibs into space.

I have to ask, though, what are your opinions on subtle traitoring? Not "Objective #1 finished, keep low till round end", but quietly subverting things and escalating existing problems. I can think of a few rounds where after finishing my objective I've done little things like sabotaging equipment, helping space vines spread, lighting fires, stealing critical equipment and spacing it, starting feuds and taking sides in existing ones, giving out weapons to dangerous people, etc., as opposed to the more traditional "bomb the everything" or "lelvalid kidnap+torture, then run around shooting everyone".

3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: December 16, 2013, 06:18:09 pm »

Set it for less than 30 minutes and tell them they have 5 minutes to live. It'll eventually seem to take so long that they'll lose track of when you planted it on them and you can revise the time as each time passes. People may forget and you'll get a bigger head count when it does go off.

The best way is to set it to 99999 seconds AFTER screwdriving it and adding a signaller to the C4. Then you can make any other signaller assembly. The best part? You can make as many of the secondary assemblies as you want.

You can rig a timer for a dead man's trigger. You can hide it in a place with radio coverage or bundle it with a radio, and rig a Voice Analyser (or several), to detonate upon a trigger word being said. Or let's say you want him hostage - you can put him in a grid of infrared tripwires, each setting off the person's C4. Or ALL THE ABOVE.

If someone does it, he is excused for using Parapen, because it's glorious, and it doesn't immediately put the person out of the round.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: December 16, 2013, 06:28:04 pm »

Mag and I are lonely all alone...come and join us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: December 16, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »

Hypospray with Mindbreaker :P

Anyway, on a more serious note, I have used them, yes, but I have tried to get away from it.

On ways to subdue your guy without someone noticing, why not invite them to the mining asteroid, because on the 'Roid, nobody will hear you scream.

Hehehe

Or, if you're Robotics, you can give them "cyborg surgery" by promising something (I once managed it with this guy chased by Security by telling him the police wouldn't know it's him; although that's just one example. Bonus for promising cake.) and then kill them in surgery, drag body off to morgue and claim that you had a borg attempt but it failed or somethin'

Don't do this. It's pure dickmove. Borging a target counts as killing them. If your target wants to get borged, borg them. Dumping them somewhere is just grade A asshole.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12443 on: December 16, 2013, 07:10:18 pm »

Heh.

Anyway, apologies for not playing much recently. Busy and mainly that wave of excitement and dryness has gone to dryness :P

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:12 pm »

Do you have any other suggestions on how to make the round more interesting as a traitor? Recently I've been having fun stealing as many APC batteries as I can, while also spacing every crowbar i could find.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: December 16, 2013, 07:43:49 pm »

Do you have any other suggestions on how to make the round more interesting as a traitor? Recently I've been having fun stealing as many APC batteries as I can, while also spacing every crowbar i could find.
Well if you have to kill someone, kidnap then place them in a situation that can kill them but they can get out as well.

For example, lock them in a room full of plasma with a very limited amount of internals, then give the tools they need to hack their way out. If they hit the electric wire, they set themselves on fire. If they take too long, they suffocate. If they get lucky and escape, you kill them. Or they could just use the intercom if there is one, thus alerting the crew to your dastardly deeds.

I guess the only advice I have is to give the crew a chance.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: December 16, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

Hans and Jacob are expert traitors. Ask them for ideas on how to make the round interesting. I am hilariously unrobust and don't traitor often (willingly), so sorry I can't help you much.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:11 pm »

Scrdest, do that, then kidnap someone, remove their headset, and put them in a room with you. They have to choose one of two signallers. They choose to either blow the person with the C4 up and live, or they get spaced. Wear something that covers your identity, though.
That's pointless. 99% of the time they'll either try to kill you or just shrug and activate the detonator. It's the same thinking that drives people to swarm hostage-takers and escape-alone traitors that aren't careful to conceal that goal.

3. Run Resize Enable

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: December 16, 2013, 08:45:44 pm »

Did the server go down, or is my internet just having a fit?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:58 pm »

Down for me too.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1654