Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121478 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11160 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:24 am »

Nope. I got school, oh lovly school.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:19 am »

Coming soon to a /tg/code near you:
REVISED CRAFTING SYSTEM

Quote from: piratepad
STUFF (unconfirmed stuff in italics):
Menus in Java?
No traces of crafting in object itself (no snowflake!)
Seperate lists for tools (not used up) & components (used up)(All in same proc!)
Components seperated into specific_components & istype_components (staffs not used for gun recipes)
NO VERBS, verbs are poop.
Integrate other crafting. (Machines, walls, etc)
Items can exist without recipes
Reduce current code shittiness.
Make adding recipes easier
Type paths
Little "hidden" content.

(oh and maybe external scripting but that's basically as unconfirmed as aliens or loch ness)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: October 28, 2013, 09:03:19 am »

No verbs?

VERBS ARE NOT POOP >:(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: October 28, 2013, 09:11:24 am »

Yes, yes they are.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:31 am »

i swear to the seven divines if they're actually going ahead with that grid crafting system that was in the quasi-experimental r&d code for ages now

also if java menus become a thing watch reckless abuse to ensue (you can abuse the current non-html menus a fair bit, but the scope is limited by simply not being allowed to do much from them)

still i am intrigued by what they can manage to cook up

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:33 am »

You should probably have some more faith in coders & it's not going to be a grid crafting system sorry.
One of the BIG THINGS is going to be un-shittying the current crafting code which is ALL OVER THE PLACE and has enough snowflakes to cover all of earth.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:12 am »

That's pretty awesome. I really should go on #coderbus more. Would it be possible for you to send me the link to that pirate pad? Or is it not that far along yet?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:13 am »

I am moderately interested in delving into the dark and seedy world of spriting / mapping / coding. Unfortunaltely, time and dedication are somewhat lacking at the moment. -sigh- It seems so interesting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:27 am »

Ozarck: Read the guides and find something you want to code. Then hop onto #coderbus.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: October 28, 2013, 10:30:29 am »

I'll look into that. All that on the TG wiki? I'm still new and ignorant of many things :/

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:24 am »

The guides are on the TG wiki. Just look into it. They aren't great but they'll get you on your way. The only way to understand BYOND is to tinker with it a lot.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:05 am »

I can answer pretty much any question in regards to mapping, and I can also help with code related things if you need it.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: October 28, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »

Well I enjoyed the few rounds I played yesterday, I kind of wish it ran baycode instead but it wasn't bad.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: October 28, 2013, 12:27:56 pm »

We have considered baycode and given it a "never".

Baycode has some nice things on the surface, but this really isn't the server for ZAS's "Window broke? TIME TO SLAM YOU IN A WALL A KAZITRILLION TIMES!". Also, /tg/code is far cleaner.

E: Also, Metastation and Glloydstation are for /tg/code.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

Well I enjoyed the few rounds I played yesterday, I kind of wish it ran baycode instead but it wasn't bad.

I've been requesting this a couple of times before, but it seems most people are for keeping the current codebase.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 1654