Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121202 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11175 on: October 28, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

Well I enjoyed the few rounds I played yesterday, I kind of wish it ran baycode instead but it wasn't bad.

I've been requesting this a couple of times before, but it seems most people are for keeping the current codebase.
We are pretty much never going to switch.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: October 28, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »

Well I enjoyed the few rounds I played yesterday, I kind of wish it ran baycode instead but it wasn't bad.

I've been requesting this a couple of times before, but it seems most people are for keeping the current codebase.

ZAS might be kind of neat, until you're somewhere in a hallway, get sucked the entire length of the hallway, and explode into gibs on contact with the window at the end.

... On second thought, that would still be neat. That aside, from what I understand, Baycode is a convoluted mess of code, with more idiosyncrasies than you can shake a stick at.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »

I can answer pretty much any question in regards to mapping, and I can also help with code related things if you need it.

I think I intend to pick your brain thoroughly, then. I would like to make a map or three, of the station and otherwise. That may be the goal I aim for. Thanks!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: October 28, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »

So, a person is on, as CE, setting up the engine, and I keep popping in as the welder and walking past them at the end of hallways and disappearing around corners, or leaving a bloodied scalpel at their feet, or making a vast trail of blood in the hallway they're about to enter.

No reaction whatsoever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: October 28, 2013, 02:14:18 pm »

So, a person is on, as CE, setting up the engine, and I keep popping in as the welder and walking past them at the end of hallways and disappearing around corners, or leaving a bloodied scalpel at their feet, or making a vast trail of blood in the hallway they're about to enter.

No reaction whatsoever.

Someone used to goon?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:34 pm »

No reaction whatsoever.

Did you leave invisimin on? Happens to me all the time. ;)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:50 pm »

No reaction whatsoever.

Did you leave invisimin on? Happens to me all the time. ;)

I kept turning it off and on so he could catch glimpses of me. Apparently it isn't that creepy for all the lights to turn off at the same time, and when you turn on your helmet light, there is someone right in your face.
He's fucking with us.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »

I think we finally found a crewmember who just doesn't care about anything. Is there anyway we can check their stats?
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: October 28, 2013, 02:55:14 pm »

we need people on the server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: October 28, 2013, 03:10:27 pm »

ZAS might be kind of neat, until you're somewhere in a hallway, get sucked the entire length of the hallway, and explode into gibs on contact with the window at the end.

... On second thought, that would still be neat. That aside, from what I understand, Baycode is a convoluted mess of code, with more idiosyncrasies than you can shake a stick at.

That and baymed, dismemberment and the like.
Its pretty much the same as TG with more features but people hate it because, fuck knows why.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: October 28, 2013, 03:14:26 pm »

Dismemberment would be cool, if only for a more diverse carnage and possibly ability to recreat 7 days a stranger :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11186 on: October 28, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Dismemberment would be cool, if only for a more diverse carnage and possibly ability to recreat 7 days a stranger :P
I personally would find it fun in the middle of a welder round to watch someone get dismembered by the welder, and then just rush up to him, and attempt to beat him to death with the limbs of the poor sap that died first.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: October 28, 2013, 03:24:34 pm »

That and baymed, dismemberment and the like.
Its pretty much the same as TG with more features but people hate it because, fuck knows why.

From what I understand, the code is a clusterfuck, which is why we haven't just stolen bay med and dismemberment from them.
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: October 28, 2013, 03:25:14 pm »

You're ignoring that baycode is NOT in every way better than /tg/code.

ZAS is shite.
Tgcode is far cleaner
Baymed sounds far too complicated for our server (Ideal system would be somewhere inbetween /tg/'s system and bay's system.)
Metastation, Efficiencystation & Glloydstation are /tg/exclusive.
ZAS is shite.
Baycode is a complete clusterfuck.

Somebody is working on dismemberment & cybernetic augmentation for /tg/ (and not in a half-assed broken way).

You didn't actually give any other "cool features" for baycode other than baymed.

/tg/ is really pushing to get the code as clean as possible.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: October 28, 2013, 03:31:14 pm »

You're ignoring that baycode is NOT in every way better than /tg/code.

ZAS is shite.
Tgcode is far cleaner
Baymed sounds far too complicated for our server (Ideal system would be somewhere inbetween /tg/'s system and bay's system.)
Metastation, Efficiencystation & Glloydstation are /tg/exclusive.
ZAS is shite.
Baycode is a complete clusterfuck.

Somebody is working on dismemberment & cybernetic augmentation for /tg/ (and not in a half-assed broken way).

You didn't actually give any other "cool features" for baycode other than baymed.

/tg/ is really pushing to get the code as clean as possible.

This, this so hard.

While Bay has a small amount of cool fleshed out features, they're marred by bad code standards and poor implementation.

To further enforce the sloppiness of their code, just take a look at the mutantrace (playable alien species) code. Not even the coders who have been there since 2010 know where it all is. It's scattered across at least a dozen .dm's, and a couple .dmi's to boot. (dream maker code files and dream maker icon files respectively) Last time they added a mutantrace, the guy who was adding it ended up doing a full search for code related to one of the other playable species, and just copied and pasted, with no idea whether he was doing it right or not. The new race works to an extent, but is still plagued by issues.

So no thanks, I really don't want to touch their haphazard code.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1654