Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117567 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10710 on: October 14, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »

i havent checked, but if this is the actual minimap you get from clicking on a map on the station, then you might want to remove the "possible nuke shuttle positions" from it?
i mean... when the station got build, how did they know exactly that hostile shuttles will come to these positions years in the future? :D

No, that's just what it shows in the program that you create the map in. I just left that there for reference.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: October 14, 2013, 03:06:17 pm »

I remember playing this a lot and then the pop died; never found a better ss13 server.

What's the normal peak now?
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: October 14, 2013, 03:14:40 pm »

Depends on the time. I think we go 30 once, normally its 3-4. Evenings are best.
By evenings I mean 8-12PM EST.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:50 pm »

On average it's probably 5-6, and during evenings it's anywhere from 5-15.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: October 14, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »

Hey Glloyd, are you goona have a special round soon?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: October 14, 2013, 08:59:19 pm »

Brilliant. I finally make Nicole's Neurotoxin.. Byond has a fit and won't fix itself. Can anyone else connect to the server?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:57 pm »

Brilliant. I finally make Nicole's Neurotoxin.. Byond has a fit and won't fix itself. Can anyone else connect to the server?

Nope.  One minute mining away on the asteroid, the next minute...bam.  Connection failed.

Guess BYOND decided to release its own neurotoxin.   :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: October 14, 2013, 09:11:32 pm »

Rabid, you were tator? Funny, when I was going to log off I was going to give you my null rod and flash.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: October 15, 2013, 06:37:08 am »

This is going to sound like a stupid question, because it is, but...am I the only one who has to restart my BYOND client every time a round restarts/resets?  It just feels incredibly inefficient and I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.  Or something's borked at my end.

Edit: ironically, as soon as I typed that post, the round reset...and my client gracefully reconnected to it, without requiring a restart.  STOP MOCKING ME, BYOND!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:26 am »

Hey Glloyd, are you goona have a special round soon?

Soon hopefully, I've just been pretty busy in life with midterms and whatnot.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: October 15, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »

Where are straitjackets kept?  I assumed the brig, but couldn't find any there.  Mind you, all the lights were out and the station was falling apart at the time, so I may simply have missed it.  :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: October 15, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »

Where are straitjackets kept?  I assumed the brig, but couldn't find any there.  Mind you, all the lights were out and the station was falling apart at the time, so I may simply have missed it.  :P

There's one near the permabrig, and another in medbay.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: October 15, 2013, 12:27:56 pm »

There's one near the permabrig, and another in medbay.

Drat, so near and yet so far!

I did have an educational hour or so earlier - I was the only one on, and started off as engineer.  Managed to get the singularity set up (in a stable manner, remembering to actually set the SMESes up first this time!), and wired up the solars.  Unfortunately as I was the only one on, I had no way of achieving my (traitorous) objectives - I stole the object I needed to steal (syringe gun), but had no way to call the shuttle!

Someone else (I assume someone public) logged in, joined as captain, and then went AFK.  I left them alone for about fifteen minutes, then decided 'sod it' and pickpocketed the captain's ID from their vacant body.  Got onto the bridge, got to the comms console...and it wouldn't let me log in or do anything.  :(

I then found that something had blown an almighty hole right through the central tree chamber, the library and the dorms.  I assume this was what was causing my problems with the comms console.  I repaired everything as best I could, but to no avail.  The atmosphere had already mostly gone, and my delayed patch-up job hadn't saved enough of it.  I was relegated to the maintenance tunnels to get between areas with air.  I closed as many fire doors as I could to preserve what remained.

Then, on opening a door - weeds.  Lots and lots of weeds.  They'd evidently started off somewhere in medical, and by the time I spotted them they'd taken over most of the starboard (east) side of the station.

I hightailed it to Tool Storage and made myself a flamethrower.  Snuck around to engineering and stocked up on plasma tanks.  And then went on a fiery rampage through the weeds.  Made decent headway, too - cleared out most of the central corridors - but eventually the fiery blaze was too much even for my engie hardsuit, and I collapsed from burns.  The weeds wasted no time in growing back over me and, eventually, strangling me.

Thus ended my glorious solo 90 minute maintenance-man shift.  It was lonely, but I learned a lot.  Namely, don't walk into fire.  Fire bad.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:10 pm »

You need to have the id in your hand and click on the comms console with it to use it.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: October 15, 2013, 12:39:42 pm »

You need to have the id in your hand and click on the comms console with it to use it.

Yeah, tried that.  Also tried ID in PDA in hand, and ID in ID slot, and ID in PDA in ID slot.  Nothing worked for it.  :(  I can only assume it got beaten up by whatever it was that blew up.

Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1654