Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116734 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10545 on: October 06, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »

Players who are really cool follows:
CoraiUnki Jacob_Lee HansPanda Cheedows AndroidSFV Glloyd Iceblaster Miauw62 Bdthemag Aseaheru Ozarck KG Nienhaus Vactor Akylon Electronics

I think there are a few names missing from this list. In particular, I'd like to shout out to Magnetite (Hector Petridis). There are others, some very new, some who haven't been active lately, so don't be insulted if I forgot you - Mag and I have been in a lot of rounds together lately, and I have enjoyed his presence in each of them.

Also, I know I am not always the most cheerful of players, so I thank you for overlooking that and including em in the list.

You really did make the game fun for a lot of people, RedFox. (You too, Hans, Glloyd, Jacob_Lee, Nienhaus, and other admins I know less.)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: October 06, 2013, 07:42:16 pm »

Once again farewell my friend, and if I didn't mention it before, but thanks for making me feel special by being mentioned in a list of cool(Subjective of course :P) people.

Thanks for the fun you have brought and goodbye.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: October 06, 2013, 09:08:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
False alarm events, man. They even spit out messages for events not enabled in the code.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: October 06, 2013, 09:14:45 pm »

That's all they do? Isn't that a little random and pointless?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:50 pm »

You are playing SS13, you know.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: October 06, 2013, 09:28:31 pm »

They mess with meta. You can't exactly predict which event is going off and just prep for it when there's a bit of uncertainty in the mix.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

I experimented quite a bit with genetics as of lately, and found out diluted unstable mutagen injections are surprising viable for research, if not downright gamebreaking.

Unstable mutagen, in amounts as low as 0.1u, has a 98% chance to cause a bad mutation and a 2% chance to cause a good one, on top of scrambling unique identifiers. One unit is more than enough to trigger a single semi-random SE block to mutate over 800, with minimal damage (brings radiation level up to 30%, which turns into about 8 toxic damage).

Thus, it is possible to make single mutation inducing shots to get most (if not all) disabilities to manifest, ideally leaving only the handful of blocks hiding powers to be mutated through standard irradiation.
False positives from the 2% chance and from strangeness are easy to spot, if you're thorough with self-testing the mutated SE blocks with no visible effect, as usual.

A shot containing one unit of mutagen, two of anti-toxin and two of hyronalin will even outheal the damage and counteract most of the radiation from the following clean SE injection to clean the gene pool, if you're moderately fast with saving your results on buffer.

For some code related reason I ignore, it won't work with droppers. The mutagen has to be injected with a syringe, or ingested as a pill, or even splashed from a beaker to take effect.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: October 07, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »

Heres a fun thing, modified detective guns can explode.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:49 pm »

I haven't tried mutagen - genetics is still kind of tedious, but new genetics is actually easier via the machines than old one.
The key is to put the duration high (to 8 or so) and this cuts down massively the random block mutations that old genetics had all the time.
Then adjust the intensity remembering that if it drops a value below 0 then it'll wrap around to the top end of the scale. If you use intensity of 2 or 3 on a block beginning with 1 then you're likely to end up in the power activation range if you hit the 50% chance that the value drops. If it increases you can just up the intensity and try again.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: October 07, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Heads up: Centration is undergoing a pre-alpha stress test on Steam. This makes me suspect that might actually turn out to be a real game and not vaporware.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:55 pm »

Too bad it is on steam.
Or is it elsewhere?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: October 07, 2013, 03:11:48 pm »

Too bad it is on steam.
Or is it elsewhere?

Heads up: Centration is undergoing a pre-alpha stress test on Steam. This makes me suspect that might actually turn out to be a real game and not vaporware.

>.>
I think usually when they pre-alpha on Steam, they don't do it anywhere else. Steam is pretty convenient for pre-alpha games like that because it's got a large customer base that is very easily accessible.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »

You know, I actually dreamed of a 3D SS13.

Literally. Not figuratively. A few days ago. It's kinda odd.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:53:01 pm by Fniff »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »

I'm reading about Centration right now and noticed "or simply display naughty pictures on your crew-mates' screen for the fun of it." Well this seems like it's going to be fun.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: October 07, 2013, 04:02:49 pm »

I'm reading about Centration right now and noticed "or simply display naughty pictures on your crew-mates' screen for the fun of it." Well this seems like it's going to be fun.
Oh yeah, the independent computers thing. I'm still intrigued about that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1654