Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116145 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10125 on: September 14, 2013, 01:01:19 pm »

Dice, bruise packs heal one body part to 100% :P

Necromorphs just need to be their own gamemode to be fun, really.
They actually heal 60 damage a use, ointment 40. Damage is usually spread out enough that you won't notice this, however.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:11 pm »

People!

Nanotrasen wants you for their totally safe and not a deathtrap space station crew!

Only six of us here...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: September 14, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »

Last time I got on with "six people" it turned out to be one person playing and five chatting about random stuff in OOC. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: September 14, 2013, 02:47:06 pm »

Either way, a beacon should be placed at a random blob_start location, and anybody within X tiles of that gradually takes brute damage. Dead bodies within that range revive into necromorphs. Dead simple_animals become small ones and humans become big ones, altough there's a lot of potential for more variation in here. For each necromorph added, the range of the beacon extends. That'd be the basis, anyway.

Yeah, adding them as a simple_animal was basically laying the foundations for a gamemode. Nien and I came up with the idea a while ago, and Nien did the sprite for the big one. Neither of has had the time to code it though. If you want to try coding it, be my guest. I could probably help a little bit if you do, and I'm sure Nien could make more icons if needed.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: September 14, 2013, 02:55:43 pm »

I could probably help a little bit if you do, and I'm sure Nien could make more icons if needed.
As long as I'm told a day or two before they're needed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: September 14, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »

Last time I got on with "six people" it turned out to be one person playing and five chatting about random stuff in OOC. >.>
This seems to be happening a lot lately. It gets kinda old. Especially when they are talking about other games. Go play the other game, ask in their forums and such.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: September 14, 2013, 03:09:41 pm »

Possibly have an alium-esque evolution tree for the human players? Nothing that actually makes them that much powerful, but the ability to have something with range in exchange for health, something tankier but slower, or something fast that can vent-crawl but is virtually useless at attacking?

Or, instead of stat changes, you have ones that can spawn the tiny versions, ones that ventcrawl or something, and ones that are just slightly beefier?

Just a suggestion, as I think that even only "everyone is a standard 'morph" would be crazy fun. If possible, you could have it to where necromorphs recover when next to the original node, and take brute damage when outside of their zone of influence (nondamaging area for the crew.)

I could likely throw in some help, but the last project I undertook died because I ran out of time/I lost half of the data, so... not sure. I can definitely do some random flavor items though.

Another idea is to build the necromorphs to be the exact same, but have three or four copies each pointing to different sprites and possibly flavor text, so that necromorphs are actually identical but look less bland. Can't say I've played Dead Space, or any other space horror/space zombie game, but I think the necromorphs did look different from one another.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: September 14, 2013, 03:15:20 pm »

I was thinking of having the equipment ingrained into dead bodies when they die. You'd probs need something else than a simple_animal for that, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: September 14, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

Can't say I've played Dead Space, or any other space horror/space zombie game, but I think the necromorphs did look different from one another.
There are different kinds of Necromorph, also play Dead Space, It's pretty fun. Another thing is I hate spiriting them as they scare the shit out of me.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: September 14, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »

I was thinking of having the equipment ingrained into dead bodies when they die. You'd probs need something else than a simple_animal for that, tough.

Yeah, it'd need to be a real mob. That or you'd have a fuckton of different icons.

EDIT: If people actually want to do this, I'd be willing to pitch in a bit. And if it actually worked, I'd make sure it got merged.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: September 14, 2013, 06:29:05 pm »

Again, I could help with some spriting, and some less-than-useful flavor items. I'm more likely to stick to something that's a community effort anyway.

In the very least, I could try to make four base necromorph sprites, three of which I'll make mostly humanoid methinks.

If they're a mob, what will they be able to equip, if anything? I do like the "ingrained items" bit, but they might not be visible depending on what I do with the base sprites.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: September 14, 2013, 06:55:52 pm »

Again, I could help with some spriting, and some less-than-useful flavor items. I'm more likely to stick to something that's a community effort anyway.

In the very least, I could try to make four base necromorph sprites, three of which I'll make mostly humanoid methinks.

If they're a mob, what will they be able to equip, if anything? I do like the "ingrained items" bit, but they might not be visible depending on what I do with the base sprites.

Well, here's a good place to start. The one that we have in there currently is the Slasher, and the little one is the Lurker. I think a Spitters would be good, albiet in smaller quantities, because it could be ranged, with the health of the Slasher. Pregnants would be pretty cool too, because I could make them spawn swarmers upon death if I made a landmark for it. Of course, that's just if you want to stick to the source material.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: September 14, 2013, 07:14:18 pm »

I think a unique necromorph could be made for the gamemode with the purpose of spreading the The Corruption. That could be like a version of space vine/blob that can be walked over but damages you. Perhaps enhancing necromorphs/making poisonous gases like in canon?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10138 on: September 14, 2013, 07:20:12 pm »

That would spell horrible news if that were to breach atmosia. It would take some time, but eventually, the entire station would be flooded with necro-toxins once it infects the ventilation systems.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:10 pm »

So pretty much what happened on the Ishimura in Dead Space.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1654