Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2115936 times)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8100 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:20 am »

Om nom nom nom nom. Blob rounds are now interesting...first time I was controlling the blob, and get completely annihilated. Second time, somehow managed to nom most of engineering and control nooks and crannies about the area. I even got the station to eventually go boom over how big I was.  :3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:06 am »

I've narrowed it down to inconsistent indentation, it looks like I won't be able to name the chips unless I pull a cash-tree bait and switch (cash trees actually produce spawners which spawn cashbased on potency) or leave them without a name, no idea how the venders will act with that. They might really freak, or they might name the type of chip you're about to buy. No idea.
Maybe take a look at random cable coils and random cheap lighters? Spawner sounds very snowflakey.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: July 24, 2013, 03:53:37 am »

I've narrowed it down to inconsistent indentation, it looks like I won't be able to name the chips unless I pull a cash-tree bait and switch (cash trees actually produce spawners which spawn cashbased on potency) or leave them without a name, no idea how the venders will act with that. They might really freak, or they might name the type of chip you're about to buy. No idea.
Maybe take a look at random cable coils and random cheap lighters? Spawner sounds very snowflakey.

Random coils and lighters are not named, they only change icon_states
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #8103 on: July 24, 2013, 07:06:27 am »

Doesn't that switch case statement need to be under the New() proc and not just in the object itself?
1=0

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: July 24, 2013, 02:08:44 pm »

Lately, I'm starting to think we need to nominate, like, a fuckton of current regulars as tempmods and go public for an extended period of time. Low server pop thrives on domino effect, so if we manage to get a stable pop above, say, 5, it should go up in general.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:53 pm »

I can't figure out what order BYOND wants this in and how I should be indenting it.

Why not put the bitesize, trash, and reagents in the main definition, like so? IIRC, there isn't any specific order that you need the item variables to be in. I think, anyway.
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »

I can't figure out what order BYOND wants this in and how I should be indenting it.

Why not put the bitesize, trash, and reagents in the main definition, like so? IIRC, there isn't any specific order that you need the item variables to be in. I think, anyway.

Define Nutriment in the main definition and use add_reagent after the switch.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: July 24, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »

Define Nutriment in the main definition and use add_reagent after the switch.

That could work. The things that must remain different are what's inside the chips (aside from nutriment) and sprites. Trash sprites are also going to change, I just haven't made them yet.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: July 25, 2013, 12:45:17 pm »

Ivan Wright says, "I swear to god, if one of those meteors hits this.."
Ivan Wright has been hit by the small meteor
Ivan Wright exclaims, "SON OF A BITCH!"

Sandbox is fun. And so are meteors.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: July 25, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If we had an AI, it would be the final boss of laser tag.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: July 25, 2013, 05:03:07 pm »

I know I've had a lack of updates recently, but sadly, I haven't had a lot of opportunities to work on the code as I'm currently being dragged on to help with some cabinet-building. While I don't mind, and the money is nice, I'd like you guys to tell me what you think.

I think I'm going to go again tomorrow, meaning the soonest I can work on the more complicated parts of the mod would be Monday. If I don't go, I could possibly work out the chips and Bluespace Mary, but no guarantee if there won't be backlash in some form. Basically, I want to tell everyone why things are moving slowly all of a sudden and see what people think.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: July 25, 2013, 05:41:02 pm »

ctrl + f to search sandbox spawn lists. Oh my god.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: July 25, 2013, 07:52:49 pm »

All I wanted was to give everyone beards. Is this not Urist McStation?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: July 25, 2013, 10:32:04 pm »

Beepsky will arrest you for having an LSD induced stunbaton in hand. Or someone set him to arrest.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:44:57 pm by BigD145 »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: July 25, 2013, 10:52:37 pm »

Beepsky says a different thing depending on why he's arresting, if you can remember which # he said you could look it up or ask someone who can remember. Sometimes beepsky will arrest for having a weapon you're not permitted by ID to be handling, if he's set to.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1654