Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116375 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7905 on: July 15, 2013, 07:42:11 pm »

I have to say that the amount of complaining that goes on irks me too.
Mostly when people bitch in OOC about dying/about someone else. At best it's annoying and at worst it spoils who the antag is and what they're doing.
If it happens when I'm around, I tell people to deal with it. If it happens when I'm not around, everyone should tell that person to deal with it to. If you get killed, don't fucking bitch about it. If you think you were griefed, adminhelp it. No one in OOC cares.

If anyone has any actual issues with specific players, then tell me. Don't run into the thread and complain about it, when you could of easily of gone to an admin to get it taken care of.

This. Dying happens. Grief should be brought to an admin, obviously traitor-murder should be dealt with as a fact of life. Bitching in OOC about dying is punishable by a no warning 15 minute ban, just so ya'll know.
In cases of Traitor, complaining in OOC about dying is an outright spoiler of who's involved in some cases, or how. If you're going to blurt out who's killing you, then do it IC, and make sure your radio (or a wall-mounted one or a signal-bounced one is stowed) is on record during your last moments, otherwise, sucks to be you if justice isn't served because nobody heard you die across the station. Continue your venting to others who died while you're a ghost, and pester everyone with rotating chairs in the meantime.

That is an acceptable loophole, right? I mean, I've done that whenever I could, and cursed myself in other cases where I forgot the ";" as I was being killed or about to lose consciousness. I mean, as long as I can warn others before I die one way or another, then IC should still technically be legal; but complaining and about who and where, over OOC, is like spoiling a good game of Clue. Not cool. Especially if it's part of their goal, and they're still playing, and/or waiting for an event to trigger a shuttle call, and nobody still suspects them.

EDIT: to ↓
Pretty much that. I was just expressing more of why it's inappropriate; especially if you were killed in a clever manner, and you're being a sore loser about it, completely ruining what would have become an epic traitor round for somebody, or everybody else that reads the story.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:51:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:16 pm »

Of course IC is perfectly fine, because it makes sense to try to scream over the radio for help as you're being beaten to death. Hell, I do it all of the time, even if the radio doesn't work.

All we're talking about is complaining in OOC after, or during your death.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: July 15, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »

Of course IC is perfectly fine, because it makes sense to try to scream over the radio for help as you're being beaten to death. Hell, I do it all of the time, even if the radio doesn't work.

All we're talking about is complaining in OOC after, or during your death.

Yes. Hell, I'm even cool with you bitching them out in Deadchat, with gratuitous namecalling.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7908 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:01 pm »

I was blob and decided to destroy the nuke keg.

The nuke keg EXPLODED!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: July 15, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »

The nuke keg EXPLODED!

during one blob round

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7910 on: July 15, 2013, 08:17:29 pm »

The nuke keg EXPLODED!

during one blob round
Impressive.

Looking back at my round, I'm surprised I didn't have any spores helping me out until the very end, and even so, they were useless. Too bad I technically lost due to the nuke.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:19:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:16 pm »

Blow everyone up at the end of the round as traitor RD. Well, except for Khan. I karmic-retribution'd him with his own grenades of science-y doom.

Then GO got mad at me for murderboning. :P I had an RP reason to try and kidnap you, and I wasn't going to kill you until you escaped. Then I threw a bomb at you in escape because... Well, I had a bomb left and you had superior firepower.

Also, since when does the Captain's Space Armor protect from stuns?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: July 15, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

No, I threw the bomb because I wasn't sure if you had planned on chasing me or not. And like I said, I had a bomb left. Probably a lapse in judgement on my part.
He's fucking with us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: July 15, 2013, 10:01:40 pm »

Blow everyone up at the end of the round as traitor RD. Well, except for Khan. I karmic-retribution'd him with his own grenades of science-y doom.

Then GO got mad at me for murderboning. :P I had an RP reason to try and kidnap you, and I wasn't going to kill you until you escaped. Then I threw a bomb at you in escape because... Well, I had a bomb left and you had superior firepower.

Also, since when does the Captain's Space Armor protect from stuns?
I was really really happy it had worked properly, and then really really sad that it had worked properly.
Nom nom nom

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:17 pm »

I believe you said,
"Oh awesome, it works!"
"Oh god no, it works!"
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: July 15, 2013, 10:59:05 pm »

Meta is really big and really cramped.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: July 15, 2013, 11:25:12 pm »

Elaborate on SCIENCENADE please?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: July 16, 2013, 12:41:34 am »

So... Beautiful...
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: July 16, 2013, 02:27:08 am »

It's better than the boringness of boxstation.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:04 am »

It's better than the boringness of boxstation.

It has a much more interesting layout, with things that aren't too heavily used, like Chapel and Library and Cargo Disposals being shoved into Arrivals-part of the station, and things where Things are Happening (Science, Medical, Engineering, Bridge, Bar) being in the center.

It also has a number of cool solutions you cannot find in boringstation. Although I'd love if the retractable bridge's buttons would bolt the airlocks on both sides of it...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 1654