Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118035 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7425 on: July 06, 2013, 02:54:23 pm »

File>open file.
A window shows up, shove it in there.

I think we have a old version of meta. I think that because of the lack of abandoned solar.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: July 06, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

File>open file.
A window shows up, shove it in there.

I think we have a old version of meta. I think that because of the lack of abandoned solar.

The abandoned solar's there still.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: July 06, 2013, 03:18:31 pm »

Really? I cant see the new one by the virology illicit...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: July 06, 2013, 03:39:47 pm »

That's pretty meta actually.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: July 06, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »

By the way, for future reference, does this server ever have xeno rounds?
Just for the sake of knowledge.

Yes, but not as a gamemode. Either admins do their badmin majicks to get xenos or someone in Mining finds a cute little critter on the asteroid and forgets to put his helmet on.
Or, in my case, the traitor needs to kill you, parapens you, removes your helmet, and lobs you at the xeno. Then abandons you.
That was the cause of a big-lipped alligator moment where I, as alium queen, went onto the shuttle without attacking anyone, got to the traitor that xeno'd me and attacked her. I knew I'd fail because everyone and their cousin had broken bottles as weaponry, but everyone seemed stunned at me just waltsing in, so they did nothing until I started to attack the traitor.

Heh, I remembered this one. I was the traitor. Since the round was about to end, and you were the only xeno around, everyone assumed you'd do a gimmick at that point, not a suicide attack on me (though ebbor has a point, it is pretty meta to attack someone who xeno'd you).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:50 pm »

A public server day WILL probably happen sometime next week, it's just been stalled by the attempts to get an IRC meeting for the admins together, which proved to be more difficult than I originally imagined since every is either busy or lives on the other side of the world. So yeah, I'm just going to send PM's out and HOPEFULLY we'll be able to get a lot of our admins on that day. Also, if you've been playing on this server for awhile (Preferably since its been open, or close to that time) and you think you're up for it, you can always apply to be sponsored for admin/moderator roles. Just ask an admin who knows you to sponsor you (Don't ask a random admin who doesn't know you well, they'll just say no) and if you're not a dick and people like you, you'll probably get in as a trial mod/admin.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: July 06, 2013, 03:56:41 pm »

Although we may make being an admin look quirky and fun, where everyone is the best of friends, it really isn't. I'm sure we all hate each other on some level, and actually dealing with players is annoying as fuck. Sure, you get special admin powers, but you're rarely supposed to use them. So basically, it's sitting around, yelling at antags to stop fucking around, and occasionally dealing with two players who are mad at each other.

I mean, currently we have very few issues we have to deal with due to our relatively low population, but if we DO go public the admins will have to deal with more shit if we manage to get more people playing. When asking to be sponsored, you also have to keep in mind that if you fuck up, then the admin in question who sponsored you is in trouble as well. So yeah, no pressure or anything.

I'm not trying to go on about "omg it's so hard!!!! respect us!!!", because it isn't hard. Just tedious.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: July 06, 2013, 04:25:31 pm »

quirky and fun

Heh.

EDIT: To clarify, when I first became an admin, we got hit with this one persistent greifer. That was also when we were switching from KG's to Vactor's, so the ban database wasn't up yet. I was all like "OH GOD, WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO." I enjoy being an admin immensely, but as a fair warning to anyone looking to be an admin, going public will bring in more people like that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:28:52 pm by Glloyd »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: July 06, 2013, 04:29:29 pm »

If we go public (or open up to the public on a regular basis anyway) I'll definitely try harder to show my face some more and see about moderating or adminning. Dealing with people and their issues doesn't bother me at all, and we'll probably need all the help we can get. That, and I usually play at odd hours. I'll be working nights soon though, so that'll change, but then I'll be on when people around EST are in school/working regular boring daytime jobs, which is when we usually seem to have a server pop of around 3 or 4 and everyone's whining about griff.

And I'd love to set up the occasional Gimmick Round, and see about testing out the ones we've seen suggested but haven't done.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: July 06, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »

I'm pretty OK with with defusing situations, but obvious trolls are a weakness of mine and I wouldn't be on enough to help, plus I'm young to the server. I won't be even trying for the position unless absolutely no one else can take it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 06, 2013, 04:47:49 pm »

I'm pretty OK with with defusing situations, but obvious trolls are a weakness of mine and I wouldn't be on enough to help, plus I'm young to the server. I won't be even trying for the position unless absolutely no one else can take it.

I could help as long as nobody as can't do it... I'm terrible at moderating anything more than a few cockatiels(Though I'm ready to try)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: July 06, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »

No need to list your interest in the thread. Just talk to your favorite admin (Who isn't me.)
Welcome to Reality.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: July 06, 2013, 05:01:47 pm »

We're going public?  I didn't go too badly last time when /tg/ got borked hard.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: July 06, 2013, 05:06:12 pm »

I don't know what's with all the xenophobia. Cheedows is right, those displaced /tg/ers fit right in, and I didn't notice any difference beyond having more positions filled.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: July 06, 2013, 05:12:48 pm »

No one's really worried at this point, and I talked with a few admins and we're aiming to have next weekend be entirely public. So yeah.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 1654