Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117843 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #7455 on: July 06, 2013, 08:02:45 pm »

I was thinking more of replace the nuke troops ion rifle with it...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: July 06, 2013, 08:04:27 pm »

Pfff, that's no fun. Give them all the guns.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: July 06, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »

I view them as a ballistic weapon group...
Highly Opinionated Fool

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: July 06, 2013, 08:07:03 pm »

ALL OF THE GUNS.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: July 06, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »

They dont have grenade launchers.
Or pulse weapons.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7460 on: July 06, 2013, 08:18:04 pm »

Since we're still talking modding, what about water balloons, and with the assistance of a turkey baster (I noticed chickens can be ordered from cargo, so it would make sense to include the tool in a kitchen), or something that can inject a larger amount of substance in a single go (unlike a dropper which is 1 unit, and a syringe that injects 5 units at a time directly into something; and punctures holes) for chemistry to fill water balloons with their own concoctions.

Just think how awesome it would be to throw acid balloons, either the trippy or corrosive kind. Or better yet, blood balloons or space lube ones; or both if you want to make a long blood slip'n'slide.

EDIT
Chemistry can assist the clowns with terror weaponry (not to mention, clowns have another tool in their arsenal).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:37:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: July 06, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »

I dont even think chickens can even do anything except provide meat.
Do you get eggs when butchering them or what?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: July 06, 2013, 09:37:41 pm »

I wouldn't mind a sniper rifle- requires two hands to fire, a single bullet and no way to reload unless you have an ammunition type that's really hard to get, syndie item, and once in firing mode you see a screen ahead of yourself (allows for distance kills.) Takes time to switch from firing to moving, is easily seen, but is a guaranteed kill shot (instant critical, death comes very quickly).

Or, possibly, another similar syndie item that's similar to the pistol sniper from GR:FS. You get one shot, it's silenced, but it's a sniper- this would be like the double-barrel shotgun that you can't saw down. It would put the target in critical, but you only get a single shot and it's very identifiable if someone examines the body.

It would be possible this one also allows for Marauder-esque "firing mode" zoom.

---

Another syndie item I have in mind is Hijack, which is like the Detomatix cart, except instead of exploding someone's PDA it monitors all messages coming to and from, and allows you to send messages as someone you've hijacked.

In fact, let me just LIST the items I have in mind here, I'll note if they're syndie, nonsyndie, or otherwise special.

Syndie: Transition Lens Glasses
These glasses prevent the effects of welders, flashes, flashbangs, and any other vision-harmful effects. They look like regular glasses, but when EMPed they blind the user and when examined, they give a unique message. Possibly allow this to be made by researchers.

Any: Faraday Shirt
This is a shirt that prevents stun rounds from taking effect. Stunrods still work, but stun rounds will hit you, produce a spark, and not stun you. It's unique in appearance and generally a captain and security only item.

Syndie: NewSkin Gloves
These gloves allow you to configure a fingerprint (for instance, you can put in someone else's fingerprint code) that will be left behind on things you touch instead of your own. EMPs will scramble the fingerprint code.

Syndie: Smoke Ball
This item looks like a regular d20, but if rolled, it shortly bursts into a smoke cloud after giving a result.

All: Combination Parts
I'd like a way to wire a bomb to a proximity sensor, but rather than go off immediately i'd like there to be a timer activated by the prox. This system would hypothetically allow you to build a proximity timer by building a proximity+timer and then using a welder. The new item would have a timer menu and start timing as soon as the prox is triggered. This works for things such as radio+timer, and would allow for things such as an overwatch mine by taking a remote signaller and proximity or IR device and wiring them together, so that when the proximity is triggered, the radio would send out a signal. This could be placed on a camera invisibly, or visibly on some sort of electronic (possibly have it able to be screwdrivered to the floor.)

All: More Craftable Weapons
In general, more ways to make weapons out of a wired-rod base. Damage anywhere from what it is now to as much as 40 depending on what it's made of and how rare it is- a kitchen knife making a much better spear, an igniter and lethal shotgun shell making a "boomstick"- it's a reloadable melee weapon that does a large amount of damage the first hit and changes back to a wired rod after the blast.

Syndie- Escape Wristband
This item is an item attached to the under-clothing like a security wristband, clicking it once will "arm" it and make it visible, most of the time it can't be seen or noticed by other players. When activated, it will instantly break any handcuffs or ties on you, once.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: July 06, 2013, 09:43:57 pm »

For the delayed bomb, you can sorta do that now, its just incredibly time consuming.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7464 on: July 06, 2013, 09:59:54 pm »

I like the NewSkin Gloves idea. For those RP-heavy rounds where detectives are involved, they can come in really handy (get it... GET IT!!!).

But seriously, that is a really good idea.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: July 06, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »

I like them except for the suit. You can allready have the effects with an implant.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: July 06, 2013, 10:07:44 pm »

Make the balloon 9 points and the d20 1 point, and let me have the best antag round ever.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: July 07, 2013, 02:38:24 am »

<snip>

Yes. All the things!

Also, whenever I think of SS13 or Paranoia I can't help but think about how well they would go together. Wouldn't a Paranoia map be an awesome gamemode? We would need some paint able to be applied to items and tiles, and maybe a custom map and a different laws system (make law viewing, additions, subtractions, and priority changes peicemeal and with some kind of cost) , but having an 'everyone has an objective' round with a chain of command starting with the Computer would get interesting as everyone tries to either hide thier actions or subvert the Computer in some way. With extra hilarity dispensed by the Computer's summary executions via turret/security of all the people caught doing something untoward and the immediate recloning of the criminals by Genetics. The person playing as Friend Computer would have the dubious pleasure of herding all the dorfs as they stampede out of the cloning vats and into various kinds of trouble ("Quit punching your superiors! <ZAP> That item is above your clearance! <ZAP> What are you even... <ZAP>"), and the players would have a game of constant subterfuge as they try to accomplish thier objectives despite the constant backstabbing, laserfire, and frustrated cleanup, arrest, execution, etc. orders from Friend Computer.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: July 07, 2013, 04:31:18 am »

If you get your hands on a lethal syringe, those hold 50u and inject it all at once.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: July 07, 2013, 05:29:38 am »

Lethal syringes are filled with chloral by default.
But if I were you, I'd fill them with unstable mutagen.

Either way:
Faraday Vest: Obsoleted by the ablative vest. Giving even more people stun resistance is just a plain bad idea because of how combat works.
Escape armband: Obsoleted by freedom implants.
More craftable weapons: I'm not sure on this one, it just seems a little obsolete considering that most jobs can get their hands on some sort of thing they can use as weapon (fire axe, kitchen knife, mop to slip people).

The others seem pretty nice tough.

E: I have nothing to say in this, but I approve of having GO as an admin. We really need more European admins.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1654