Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116775 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6030 on: May 26, 2013, 07:15:14 am »

I was the scientist who killed herself.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 26, 2013, 08:03:37 am »

I was the scientist who killed herself.
Have you even read the /tg/ job summaries?
That's every scientist ever!
(And that's why science is a glorious job.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:38 am »

We need more deadly science sub-departments. You can never have enough science!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 26, 2013, 08:34:07 am »

Wrong. Go on BS12 as any role other than Scientist/RD and try to assasinate a Xenoarcheologist. Have fun hijacking a shuttle, sneaking past X-ty non-target scientists, and probably going on a spacewalk to do that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 26, 2013, 08:47:08 am »

We need more deadly science sub-departments.
No! Never.
Science is always self inflicted. It's actually the law of science.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: May 26, 2013, 08:50:02 am »

8 bombs? I assume that you got bombs from the uplink and then replaced the tanks?
Nope the 6 tank transfer bombs and then two custom brew 1 tank bombs that you can make that are actually just labled 'Bomb'.
Nom nom nom

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: May 26, 2013, 08:59:12 am »

Wrong. Go on BS12 as any role other than Scientist/RD and try to assasinate a Xenoarcheologist. Have fun hijacking a shuttle, sneaking past X-ty non-target scientists, and probably going on a spacewalk to do that.
As many as we can have without a research Z-level, then.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: May 26, 2013, 09:05:16 am »

Indeed. We need to be able to research more interesting stuff. Maybe building experimental engines, or crafting special alloys. Maybe improving the toxins research like I mentioned earlier. SS13 is supposed to be a research station, but there is a significant lack of science to do. You're pretty much limited to making bombs and reverse engineering stuff.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: May 26, 2013, 09:14:23 am »

We are now colonizing the derelict.

Woo.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: May 26, 2013, 09:15:01 am »

Indeed. We need to be able to research more interesting stuff. Maybe building experimental engines, or crafting special alloys. Maybe improving the toxins research like I mentioned earlier. SS13 is supposed to be a research station, but there is a significant lack of science to do. You're pretty much limited to making bombs and reverse engineering stuff.
And breeding slimes. We should think out some decent xenoarchology or something. I'm not saying copy BS12.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:52 am »

And breeding slimes. We should think out some decent xenoarchology or something. I'm not saying copy BS12.

There had been a Xenoarcheology system that did not take a separate research station off a research station on BS12 awhile before. The artifacts would have various effects and be activated by a specific trigger, e.g. splashing with a chemical, hitting with a stunprod, shooting with an Emitter... they could be pretty dangerous, too. You would wear a suit that looks kinda like HL's HEV (actually, if you seen Engineering radiation suits, IIRC recolored a bit).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:46 am »

There had been a Xenoarcheology system that did not take a separate research station off a research station on BS12 awhile before. The artifacts would have various effects and be activated by a specific trigger, e.g. splashing with a chemical, hitting with a stunprod, shooting with an Emitter... they could be pretty dangerous, too. You would wear a suit that looks kinda like HL's HEV (actually, if you seen Engineering radiation suits, IIRC recolored a bit).
Ah, I remember that. Yeah, I liked that. Real science is smacking a rock with a stun rod just to see what it'll do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:37:45 am by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: May 26, 2013, 10:41:23 am »

and then, after causing spectacular damage, do it again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:37 am »

I concure about the diversified research options, hell even a couple extra toxins test ranges would be really nice.  I have a half dozen bomb ideas that I would love to test but it's near impossible to test them all without either playing toxins repeatedly for many many rounds ((which I kinda do anyways even if I'm not a scientist... hehehe bombs)), or say getting an engineer or engiborg to help you rebuild toxins test each time.   ((maybe science could get a singular hard suit and some metals to repair it themselves?  Please, pretty please.))
Nom nom nom

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:44 am »

People talk about engineers being bored and you want to take repair jobs away from them?
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1654