Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117035 times)

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5985 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10:12 pm »

You were probably the best traitor I've seen in my short career as a SS13 player. You managed to kill half of the crew, and still no one suspected that you were a traitor. Even when you openly said to me that you executed that chemist without trial. I guess it was you who subverted the AI.

Edit: We should have some sort of traitor apprenticeship thingy. Letting ghosts to follow the traitor around and learn stuff.

I have no idea where to start playing. I've got BYOND- that's it.

Quick guide: Open up the BYOND client. Click on bookmarks and then add. Type the server URL (In the OP) and name it something. Click on the new bookmark (At bookmarks, duh) and you're in. After that, follow the guides on TGStation wiki (http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Main_Page) to learn how to play.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:17:38 pm by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: May 25, 2013, 05:12:02 pm »

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: May 25, 2013, 05:13:51 pm »

Put in the Ip (front page), connect to the server, then ask again.

((Using the OOc command))

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: May 25, 2013, 05:18:17 pm »

Quick guide: Open up the BYOND client. Click on bookmarks and then add. Type the server URL (In the OP) and name it something. Click on the new bookmark (At bookmarks, duh) and you're in. After that, follow the guides on TGStation wiki (http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Main_Page) to learn how to play.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: May 25, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »

I'm currently downloading some resources. Turns out you appear on the list on that one page... i think
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: May 25, 2013, 05:29:47 pm »

The best way to learn something, is to be thrown into a situation where you have to learn yourself. If you're relatively new and are suddenly thrust into an antag position, go with it. Open up a wiki page, read it for a bit, and just try to do something. If you fuck up, so what? You've gotta learn somehow.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: May 25, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »

On the other hand, change your profession preferences so that you're a cargo tech, assistant, or similar role for your first round or two so you can get used to the mechanics of the game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: May 25, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »

I think I somehow joined a server where the Ai was english, MAYBE, and no one else spoke it.

yup, EU/RU server

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: May 25, 2013, 06:03:48 pm »

We aren't listed on BYOND, we're a semi-private server. Just make a new bookmark on your BYOND client, and add our IP into it. Then you should be able to connect.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: May 25, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »

Bookmark?

It should be exceedingly obvious it's been a LOOOOONG time since I've used BYOND in any capacity.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: May 25, 2013, 06:09:38 pm »

If you open up BYOND (The client you downloaded and installed), there will be a tab on the top of the client entitled "Bookmarks." You can click on that, and then click on a button that says "Add." After that, paste the IP into the "URL" text box, and type in whatever name you want in the "Name" box.
Welcome to Reality.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: May 25, 2013, 06:14:09 pm »

I have no such tab. only Games, Friends, then Home, Feed, and Space Station 13.

wait. You meant an actual, internet-browser link. Derrrrrrp.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:20:03 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: May 25, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »

You were probably the best traitor I've seen in my short career as a SS13 player. You managed to kill half of the crew, and still no one suspected that you were a traitor. Even when you openly said to me that you executed that chemist without trial. I guess it was you who subverted the AI.
Actually, I had nothing to do with the AI's subversion, the thought to card it or blow it up, or hell even turn it against the crew crossed my mind a few times.  But really now that would of made it too easy for me, hell I didn't even buy a traitor item.  I think next time I will get the traitor balloon for laughs.
Nom nom nom

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: May 25, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »

On the other hand, change your profession preferences so that you're a cargo tech, assistant, or similar role for your first round or two so you can get used to the mechanics of the game.

Cargo tech is boring in a 1-12 person round and you may just end up getting a job change to miner. Be the janitor. You learn how to juggle your inventory, use things in various combinations, and have access to twice as much of the station as most of the other jobs. Botanist is also good for using things on other things.

On that note I'm still on a short break from SS13 playing Viva Pinata of all things.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: May 25, 2013, 07:03:35 pm »

Actually, I had nothing to do with the AI's subversion, the thought to card it or blow it up, or hell even turn it against the crew crossed my mind a few times.  But really now that would of made it too easy for me, hell I didn't even buy a traitor item.  I think next time I will get the traitor balloon for laughs.

AI was not subverted. I was just bored so I RPd getting infected with an adbot virus.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1654