Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117210 times)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5955 on: May 25, 2013, 08:52:52 am »

Hooray, since Vactor's post was the last of the page I'll repeat: server is back up.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: May 25, 2013, 08:56:47 am »

And backup server down. hopefully, we will get more people again, later.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: May 25, 2013, 11:18:17 am »

More people? I've been interested in playing I just have no idea what I'm doing. I think I have BYOND somewhere lurking in my files.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: May 25, 2013, 12:11:35 pm »

Oh hey let's call the fucking shuttle for no reason at all. I don't care if you're a fucking traitor, you're not supposed to call the shuttle over nothing. If you're the traitor, surely you could release the singularity or do something else than just complete your objective and call it a day?

I spent a fucking long time to get all the materials to assemble a solar array, and it pisses me off that the shuttle is then called without any good reason. I wouldn't give any fucks about releasing the singularity or flooding the station with plasma (well, I would give fucks, but they'd be "awwww..." fucks)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:18:38 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: May 25, 2013, 12:14:48 pm »

More people? I've been interested in playing I just have no idea what I'm doing. I think I have BYOND somewhere lurking in my files.
People are generally completely willing to teach a new player the ropes in-game, so don't worry. Just ask in OOC if anyone needs any help, or play as an assistant and tell people you're new and would like to help. Sure, it might end up with you in the operating room hastily being taught how to remove and appendix, but you should do fine.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:55 pm »

Oh hey let's call the fucking shuttle for no reason at all. I don't care if you're a fucking traitor, you're not supposed to call the shuttle over nothing. If you're the traitor, surely you could release the singularity or do something else than just complete your objective and call it a day?

I spent a fucking long time to get all the materials to assemble a solar array, and it pisses me off that the shuttle is then called without any good reason. I wouldn't give any fucks about releasing the singularity or flooding the station with plasma (well, I would give fucks, but they'd be "awwww..." fucks)

a) Tone down the butthurt gauge today.
b) Role of an antag is to accomplish the objective and force the shuttle. No matter how. Singularity/Plasma are just tools you can use. If you call the shuttle manually, it's either trivially easy to cancel by the next Head who stumbles into the Bridge or you need to take some real risks with planting C4 almost publically. Doing anything on Bridge is just a level below yelling about doing that on the main Comms channel.

And now, for something completely unrelated, I have finally learned how to do safecracking. Not the average Joe Secure Safes with a electronic lock for emagging, EMPing or what have you, the rotary combo lock in the Vault safe. I guess I could teach someone someday how to do that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:02 pm »

Oh, so the stethoscope has a use?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »

Oh, so the stethoscope has a use?

Yes, it does. It's a royal pain in the ass to open the safe with it though. Also, IIRC you can use it on people to MDify them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: May 25, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »

We should really change the way toxins work. There is pretty much no way to clear the pipes, which is quite important when you need to mix something else, or if it bugs and refuses to flow. You're also limited to only one bomb test, as you have no way to reconstruct the bomb range. It's also really annoying that you can't refill your canisters, unless you manage to convince the atmos techs to refill them for you.

I guess the first problem could be fixed by allowing the portable scrubber to scrub the pipes (I tried connecting the scrubber, but it pretty much acted like a normal canister). You could also change the piping slightly to allow it to pump into space by turning a manual valve, and maybe adding an extra pump so you can do it without wasting your precious plasma. This only applies to the heating chamber piping of course, but putting a manual valve and a pump on the mixing thingy and connecting it to the aforementioned vent should allow the entire system to be cleared by turning a few valves. In fact, you could skip a lot of the tedium by connecting the mixing pipes directly to the heating chamber instead of dragging them one at a time to that input thingy. Although that would require re-piping the whole system. It makes a lot more sense if you used the old map.

I'm not sure what to do with the bomb range part. I guess you could give the toxins guy a space suit and some metal. Or maybe make the range reconstruct itself somehow.
[wild dreaming] You could also turn it into a complicated system which measures the explosive power of the bomb and recreates it in an observable environment with holograms or something. [/wild dreaming].

The last problem is easily fixable by connecting toxins storage to the atmos tanks, and allowing the canisters in storage to be connected directly to the atmos tanks. Or, you know, giving us atmos tanks of our own.

Having a five-canister mixing thingy would be nice as well.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: May 25, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

The last problem is easily fixable by connecting toxins storage to the atmos tanks, and allowing the canisters in storage to be connected directly to the atmos tanks. Or, you know, giving us atmos tanks of our own.
Nah. No department should be independent. That would make it to powerfull.

\I believe a future update includes orderable canisters though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: May 25, 2013, 01:10:02 pm »

Seb, engineers get bored quickly after round start. You could always ask me to hook your toxins up to the waste loop if you catch me as an atmos tech/engineer. Hell, I could even set up an intricate system of filters and mixers. Sadly, there's VERY little place for expirimentation in the atmos system, with the pipes running everywhere, so your best bet is really to make a new room somewhere out in space, which requires deconstruction of reinforced walls (which is just tedious), etc etc.

When I was designing atmos for the research statoin that never made it in, it was actually going to have a pipe from the plasma tank to the toxins lab for easily plasma refilling.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:28 pm »

You know, I might try my hand at mapping to see if I can do something about toxins. What do you use to map the game, anyway?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: May 25, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »

You know, I might try my hand at mapping to see if I can do something about toxins. What do you use to map the game, anyway?
The build in engine, I suppose.

There's a mapping project in creative though

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:05 pm »

Badmins, badmins everywhere oh god.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:34 pm »

Badmins, badmins everywhere oh god.

Indeed.

The build in engine, I suppose.

There's a mapping project in creative though

Built in engine?
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1654