Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124236 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5430 on: May 15, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

I played a lot of Yogstation, which was /tg/ branch, before I found UMcS, and I found the gameplay to be VERY similar, with just 30-40 more people at any given time. Lots of RP and all that fun junk. If we can attract more GOOD players, then I'm cool with it. RP and everything is pretty necessary, and I would prefer if it was kept at a place where nobody ever comes over the radio and says, "X HAS AN EMAG!" Or "Y IS A LING, CREMATE HIM!" but some sacrifices could definitely be made for a much larger playerbase. To a point.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 15, 2013, 03:07:54 pm »

I don't get the big deal.
No need to get all insulated superiority over this. It's a game. Let the others play.

This is a private server. If they aren't going to play by the server rules, they are really not welcome.
The locals don't play by the server rules. Not to mention I haven't seen anybody from tg break the rules yet either.
This looks like a big xenophobic overreaction.

It's been a bit lax recently probably due to admins mapping and coding instead of being on. I play by the rules regardless.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 15, 2013, 03:17:41 pm »

They aren't all a bad bunch, but yes in my case anyways, I get randomly maimed for no apparent reason on Goon servers.  Admins keep things in check, but I generally find on those servers when there isn't an admin random kills are more apparent.  Rarely played any /tg/ or Yogstation, but I heard they are RP based servers. 

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 15, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »

No need to get all insulated superiority over this. It's a game. Let the others play.

I originally thought they came just to be annoying trolls and assholes, but...

I can change the port tonight when I get home.

Thanks. I welcome this response. /tg/ still seems to be under the influence of DDOS so they are pretty much just piling on us.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, they're just migrating from another server being DDoS'd, in which case I guess it's fine.

I was under the impression the server was being griefed, with all the pleas for admin intervention, and talk of purposefully crashing the server.  I think we should be kind enough to house their refugees until they can get their server back up.  It would have been polite for them to mention something in the thread, but I don't think its necessary to change the IP if they're playing nicely.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: May 15, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »

I originally thought they came just to be annoying trolls and assholes, but...

I can change the port tonight when I get home.

Thanks. I welcome this response. /tg/ still seems to be under the influence of DDOS so they are pretty much just piling on us.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, they're just migrating from another server being DDoS'd, in which case I guess it's fine.

I was under the impression the server was being griefed, with all the pleas for admin intervention, and talk of purposefully crashing the server.  I think we should be kind enough to house their refugees until they can get their server back up.  It would have been polite for them to mention something in the thread, but I don't think its necessary to change the IP if they're playing nicely.

I agree with this. I'm on right now, and everything seems normal. It's nothing to worry about guys. I'll keep SS13 open to hear adminhelps. If there's an issue, let me know, but so far everything's fine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: May 15, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »

Agreed. There's no reason to react with hostility (yet).

Spoiler: Frustrated rant ahoy (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 15, 2013, 06:08:19 pm »

Carp knock me to crit, scream for help, have coords on on suit, give general location, no fucks seems to be given about me dying.
Way too often.
When i've played AI i have had to pester the crew for a long time before anyone gets around to retrieve.
Unless i have borgs to boss around.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:23 pm »

Lillian Helsbrecht: Met a Deathsquad operative in the maintenance tunnels that day. Two humans entered. One woman left.

Full SMG clip + Energy sword > Deathsquad operative
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »

Carp knock me to crit, scream for help, have coords on on suit, give general location, no fucks seems to be given about me dying.
We were busy eating the enemy and blowing things up.

On that day, many syndicate operatives boarded the station. On that day, one half the crew died. On that day, thirteen screenshots were taken.
I'm responsible for the massive amounts of destruction to the station you see.  10 Bombs in total went off in the enemies ranks that day, I had cuban pete set on repeat.
Nom nom nom

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »

I find it incredibly ironic that the last thing said before that crash was "Massive logicl failure imminent. All systems failing. Fatal ERROR!" from the AI.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: May 15, 2013, 06:54:10 pm »

We were busy eating the enemy and blowing things up.

You could have had more guns on your side, but no. Let the enemy whittle you down.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 15, 2013, 06:56:21 pm »

Either clientside or serverside, something derped badly. I was disconnected midround, cannot reconnect.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

Server is down, great

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »

Yes, I found that amusing to. To bad the serve is down, but at least I got some good famous last words in.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1654