Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124276 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5415 on: May 15, 2013, 02:14:25 pm »

I can change the port tonight when I get home.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: May 15, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

There's a pretty severe bug in AI boards. The Freeform core board uploads to sector 4 and not sector 0, but can only be removed by purge boards.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: May 15, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »

Thanks. I welcome this response. /tg/ still seems to be under the influence of DDOS so they are pretty much just piling on us.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:49 pm »

Well... I've heard of this game, but never played it before. I'd say it's about time for me to give it a whirl. Anything I should especially know?
This might not be the right moment. Someone dropped the server IP on a public IRC thingie, and the server is being invaded right now.
Is it one of those games where on most public servers, it's just a bunch of trolls?

Well, the two largest codebases are run by 4chan's /tg/ board and Something Awful's goons, so, yes, I suppose you could call it that.
It still has its merits, however, and to their credit, SA goons could be considered one of the major reasons why SS13 is actually somewhat popular now. Two or three years ago, there were only like four servers or so, and the Goonstation servers were usually the only ones with upwards of 35-50 people.
Also often called Boowells.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: May 15, 2013, 02:26:38 pm »

I wouldn't really say any servers are full of trolls, unless we're talking the ones with 5 players online that only run sandbox mode. There are a few griefers, but they generally get banned very quickly on the major servers.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: May 15, 2013, 02:39:58 pm »

eh the main clincher for me joining the server was its semiprivateness where it was mainly bay12 guys and people who either lurk or stumble upon us, which is now gone
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: May 15, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

I don't get the big deal.
No need to get all insulated superiority over this. It's a game. Let the others play.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: May 15, 2013, 02:45:49 pm »

No need to get all insulated superiority over this. It's a game. Let the others play.

I originally thought they came just to be annoying trolls and assholes, but...

Thanks. I welcome this response. /tg/ still seems to be under the influence of DDOS so they are pretty much just piling on us.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, they're just migrating from another server being DDoS'd, in which case I guess it's fine.
Also often called Boowells.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:05 pm »

This is a private server. If they aren't going to play by the server rules, they are really not welcome.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

Can I go on and be all like "You are not welcome here" to them? Can I? CAN I?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:43 pm »

This is a private server. If they aren't going to play by the server rules, they are really not welcome.
The locals don't play by the server rules. Not to mention I haven't seen anybody from tg break the rules yet either.
This looks like a big xenophobic overreaction.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: May 15, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »

There's a pretty severe bug in AI boards. The Freeform core board uploads to sector 4 and not sector 0, but can only be removed by purge boards.

I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work.  It's a freeform core board, resets don't clear core laws.  As it's a core law, it goes after the other core laws, so sector 4 makes sense.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: May 15, 2013, 02:53:38 pm »

The locals don't play by the server rules. Not to mention I haven't seen anybody from tg break the rules yet either.

Well Graknorke, I have to say that you are correct with it being xenophobic. Overreaction? Hell no. Try a goon or tg server for a long time and tell me how the good weighed against the bad. It's the internet. We have every right to deny 4channers and SA goons from our nice, gentlemanly-ish server.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: May 15, 2013, 02:56:31 pm »

Well Graknorke, I have to say that you are correct with it being xenophobic. Overreaction? Hell no. Try a goon or tg server for a long time and tell me how the good weighed against the bad. It's the internet. We have every right to deny 4channers and SA goons from our nice, gentlemanly-ish server.
I have played goon and tg servers, and did for a long time.
They play like our server does, except generally rounds are shorter and there's less bitching in OOC.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

... I would give limbs to see someone that bitched in IC in OOC get chased down by a swarm of angry Goons, torn limb from limb, and eaten ritualistically.

I DEFINITELY meant for that event to be taking place in game, and assuredly not in real life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1654