Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124758 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5145 on: May 11, 2013, 08:17:22 pm »

This reminds me. The other day, we were playing a Changeling round, and Aseaheru signed up as Captain midway through. I was in Arrivals at the time and was a HoP ling. I kill and eat Aseaheru real fast, and he pops up in OOC and calls me out, using my character name and all. I would just like to point something out:

You do not, EVER, EVER, EVER do that. EVER. Period. Full fucking stop. Do not EVER say that someone killed you in OOC, because that is fucking bullshit. Adminhelp it. You basically ruined that round for me, because everyone had to pretend they didn't know I was a Ling, which removed half the fun of being an antag, which is the possibility of getting caught. I don't CARE how pissed off you are at dying, DO NOT STATE IT IN OOC. That is a GRIEVOUS violation of the rules, and Donuts didn't see fit to take any real action over it, but I want it made absolutely clear to everyone that it is not cool at all to do that. If you suspect grief, or rule breaking, admin help it. THAT'S IT. Do not OOC about it.
Dude. i lasted FIVE SECONDS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:16 pm »

This reminds me. The other day, we were playing a Changeling round, and Aseaheru signed up as Captain midway through. I was in Arrivals at the time and was a HoP ling. I kill and eat Aseaheru real fast, and he pops up in OOC and calls me out, using my character name and all. I would just like to point something out:

You do not, EVER, EVER, EVER do that. EVER. Period. Full fucking stop. Do not EVER say that someone killed you in OOC, because that is fucking bullshit. Adminhelp it. You basically ruined that round for me, because everyone had to pretend they didn't know I was a Ling, which removed half the fun of being an antag, which is the possibility of getting caught. I don't CARE how pissed off you are at dying, DO NOT STATE IT IN OOC. That is a GRIEVOUS violation of the rules, and Donuts didn't see fit to take any real action over it, but I want it made absolutely clear to everyone that it is not cool at all to do that. If you suspect grief, or rule breaking, admin help it. THAT'S IT. Do not OOC about it.
Dude. i lasted FIVE SECONDS.
So? Bitch in deadchat, not OOC.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: May 11, 2013, 08:22:23 pm »

I did. I also complained to the admins.
but five seconds? really? who knows, i may have decided to HELP the lings.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: May 11, 2013, 08:23:27 pm »

SERVER RULES (Please read)
[spoiler]Edited from /tg/station rules at http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Rules.

Guiding Principle:
Try to keep things fun for everyone, i.e. the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Primary Policies

0. Admins may disregard any of these rules at their discretion when they feel its in the best interest of the current round/server/playerbase at large. They will, of course, be fully accountable for their actions should they choose to exercise this privilege.

1.We’re all here to have a good time. If you’re intentionally trying to ruin everyone else’s good time, you won’t have a place here. Being a jerk in-character is fine to a point, but being a jerk out of character is not welcome at all.

2. You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. However, if you are obviously griefed, be sure to report it to administrators by using the ‘adminhelp’ verb.

3. Randomly murdering people is generally considered to be ruining someone’s fun and poor form in roleplay. If you don’t have a solid IC reason for murder, you may be removed. Trying to justify it with ‘My character is so random/insane’ is not tolerated.

4. IC information should be kept out of OOC channels and vice-versa.  IC in OOC is far less acceptable than OOC in IC.

Additional Policies

IC in OOC can be a no warning ban of 15 minutes, it can be longer if the IC in OOC is severe. To clarify, this is revealing anything about the current round that others can use in the OOC channel. If you are unsure do not say it.

Relevant. Go read the rules again, and kindly take Scelly's advice. I understand it sucks I ate you that fast, but you picked Captain, a role that is VERY often the target of antags. If you cannot take the heat, get out of the fire. It's why I generally don't play Captain or Head of Security anymore. I apologize for ruining your round, but your actions were DEEPLY in violation of the rules, so I am not the only one that should be apologizing, ya dig?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: May 11, 2013, 08:24:22 pm »

I did.
There was the word "not" in my post.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: May 11, 2013, 08:35:14 pm »

I bitched in all three.

Also its not my death im pissed at, its that i lasted FIVE SECONDS.
hell, if you TALKED to me first i may have been fine with it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: May 11, 2013, 08:45:30 pm »

For note, when I play Captain and sign up halfway through the round, I bolt DIRECTLY to my office, do not stop to speak to anyone, and load up on my Captain's gear. Then I ask the Heads about the situation, and ask Security about anything going on. Because the Captain is a huge target, you can trust pretty much no one, and in those few minutes right when you sign up midround, you are unarmed, know nothing about the situation, and there is rarely anyone in arrivals to help if something goes wrong. Basically, you are a walking Captain's ID that beckons to close antags like Sirens to the Odysseus' crew.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: May 11, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »

I bitched in all three.

My first time playing as a botonist, I had just figured out how to properly grow plants, and the HoP casually walks in and shanks me with it's poison, while I'm trying to type something to say, drags me into the back room, eats me, and shoves my corpse in a locker, and I'm never found again, even though the chef next door witnessed the initial act.
First ever time encountering a changling, about 2 minutes into the game, no idea what was going on.

Yeah, it sucks hard, but it's still not something you should mention it in OOC, he may have ruined your fun, but when you say it in OOC, you ruin everyone else's fun. I wouldn't have seen it if I were playing, because I keep mine off, so I don't even see it, but most people keep their's on.

If it happens again, don't say anything about in OOC, just plot your revenge for later rounds, it's still frowned upon, just less so, and sometimes if you're lucky, you can stay in character good enough and get away with it.

And I was just a botonist, forget being a captain.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: May 11, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »

(Probably not the best time to comment on the events of the past night, given the ongoing conversation, but I couldn't reply before. Sorry.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:19 pm »

I bitched in all three.

My first time playing as a botonist, I had just figured out how to properly grow plants, and the HoP casually walks in and shanks me with it's poison, while I'm trying to type something to say, drags me into the back room, eats me, and shoves my corpse in a locker, and I'm never found again, even though the chef next door witnessed the initial act.
First ever time encountering a changling, about 2 minutes into the game, no idea what was going on.

Yeah, it sucks hard, but it's still not something you should mention it in OOC, he may have ruined your fun, but when you say it in OOC, you ruin everyone else's fun. I wouldn't have seen it if I were playing, because I keep mine off, so I don't even see it, but most people keep their's on.

If it happens again, don't say anything about in OOC, just plot your revenge for later rounds, it's still frowned upon, just less so, and sometimes if you're lucky, you can stay in character good enough and get away with it.

And I was just a botonist, forget being a captain.

Uh... Actually... >.> That was me. And I wasn't HoP, I was Head of Security. And yes, the chef shouted over Radio that I'd taken you somewhere, but the HoP was running around murdering people obviously, and there was a bunch of crap going on, so it got lost in the chatter. Not to mention I captured the HoP and acted like a good cop for the majority of that round (Whilst secretly eating people every chance I got). I even shepherded the Medbay crew to the Arrivals pods, keeping them safe from the Ling Captain.

Someone DID try to get into Botany to save you, but they didn't have access. I just stuffed you in that locker, and none of the heads were.... Human, so no one came to save you. :x Sorry about that too. I'm a bit voracious when I'm a changeling. Also, you were my target.
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:08 pm »

Uh... Actually... >.> That was me. And I wasn't HoP, I was Head of Security.
Someone DID try to get into Botany to save you, but they didn't have access. I just stuffed you in that locker, and none of the heads were.... Human, so no one came to save you. :x Sorry about that too. I'm a bit voracious when I'm a changeling. Also, you were my target.
It was about my 3rd time playing seriously, I still can't tell the difference from all the heads.
And I didn't even realize changlings had targets, I though they just attacked everyone.
The Derail Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: May 11, 2013, 09:08:40 pm »

It was about my 3rd time playing seriously, I still can't tell the difference from all the heads.
And I didn't even realize changlings had targets, I though they just attacked everyone.
Don't worry next time you play if I'm on, I make a precendence to retreive everyone I possibly can who's died.  Just turn those bloody suit sensors up!!! Hell I've even retrieved people I've killed cause I felt bad...  people need to stop beating me unconcious cause I play harmless pranks, I'd  never actually murder the fuck outta you for no reason.  ((except when I get access to bombs))
Nom nom nom

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: May 11, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »

Don't worry next time you play if I'm on, I make a precendence to retreive everyone I possibly can who's died.  Just turn those bloody suit sensors up!!! Hell I've even retrieved people I've killed cause I felt bad...  people need to stop beating me unconcious cause I play harmless pranks, I'd  never actually murder the fuck outta you for no reason.  ((except when I get access to bombs))
Do you make sure to open lockers?  :P
The Derail Thread

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: May 11, 2013, 09:46:08 pm »

Lings are just syndicates that LIKE to attack everyone.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: May 11, 2013, 09:54:32 pm »

EDIT: This was supposed to be in response to a much earlier post, but didn't come up until here for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:24:30 pm by Eagle_eye »
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1654