Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125445 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4860 on: May 06, 2013, 07:52:06 am »

Perhaps it was ninja changed in a recent update or something? When was the last time it worked?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: May 06, 2013, 08:09:19 am »

Perhaps it was ninja changed in a recent update or something? When was the last time it worked?
That same round. I think that was my third time using it and it decided to just eat my teleporter.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:39 am »

AFAIK orange teleporter means teleporter malfunction, and whatever went through last is now drifting in space on a random Z level.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: May 06, 2013, 08:23:21 am »

Huh. Only time I've seen orange portals is when I was riding an adminbus on goonstation.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: May 06, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

last time I saw an orange portal, the person who went through it went drifting in space. so I guess it is malfunction.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: May 06, 2013, 10:37:30 am »

think i found a bug: an explosion destroyed the trunk underneath a disposals bin, so the bin becomes un-deconstructable, with every tool (wirecutters, cable, crowbar, wrench, screwdriver, welder) saying 'The disposal bin requires a trunk underneath it in order to work.'

Of course you can't put a new trunk in until you deconstruct the bin, so you can't repair it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: May 06, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

Clearly you need more explosion.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: May 06, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

COMMIE BASTARDS CAN'T TAKE MY DRUGS.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: May 06, 2013, 01:45:06 pm »

I kinda want to play this, though Hanslanda scares me so much I would prefer to be something like a Borg or Personal AI.  Did some light wiki reading to get an idea, will you take in an utter noob?  And how easy are those two jobs I wanna be???  Other than those, what would you guys say is safest?  Kinda exited about this, gonna go back to reading the wiki in the hopes that I can get in.  Never tried roleplaying but I'll give it a shot for this game!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

I would recommend not doing borg, and we would definitely take an utter noob in. Start with assistant and learn the UI, read the wiki as much as you can before doing a real job.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

I kinda want to play this, though Hanslanda scares me so much I would prefer to be something like a Borg or Personal AI.  Did some light wiki reading to get an idea, will you take in an utter noob?  And how easy are those two jobs I wanna be???  Other than those, what would you guys say is safest?  Kinda exited about this, gonna go back to reading the wiki in the hopes that I can get in.  Never tried roleplaying but I'll give it a shot for this game!

Don't be a cyborg until you're better at the game. It's can be hectic and you need to know a lot of the systems. PAI is fine, but it's roleplay-heavy, so you might not learn some of the mechanics. Plus, it's dependent on whether or not people pick up the pAI. Still, it's good to try out personality gimmicks.

For now, if you're totally new to SS13, just be an assistant and try to work out the base mechanics.
Also often called Boowells.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »

You have to die to be offered pAI. I have yet to be a borg. I would just hop on and ask about jobs that look interesting and see if anyone would be willing to teach you in that round. Then just sign up as the respective low end job, not assistant and not a head. Please don't sign up as a head right off the bat. It sucks being subordinate to anyone that can't do anything under their command. Assistants just don't have much access and having to open doors for you while teaching gets old fast. There's no guarantee HoP or Captain are on to change your access.

Janitor has lots of access and does most every interaction you can have with the station aside from space suits and outside work.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »

pAI isn't really a job.  It's something for dead people to do once they're dead beyond cloning.

Cyborg is fairly easy, despite most servers making you wait 3 weeks to open the job - depending on what type you pick, it's incredibly easy and straightforward.  Mining cyborg is super easy, and actually better than a shaft miner, service is worthless but hilarious at times, medical is fairly standard but not often needed...  Engineering borgs can create and destroy terrain with some ease, and have a whole toolbox, so they're the most versatile, while security borgs get decent weapons and whatnot.  Engineering is what most people go for, though I find mining is very decent as well, at least for a while.  You can always reset to another job type.

Also, mime is curiously entertaining, as is Chaplain, Chef, Botanist, and other 'useless' jobs.  (In particular, a botanist can open the kitchen with just a few tools, and they can't access the stores of flour, but they can grow wheat and use the blender!)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: May 06, 2013, 01:59:18 pm »

I like building stuff in games, so I would have the most fun as an engineer borg or a roboticist right?  How hard are THOSE jobs?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: May 06, 2013, 02:12:24 pm »

I like building stuff in games, so I would have the most fun as an engineer borg or a roboticist right?  How hard are THOSE jobs?

With the wiki roboticist is not that hard. I would learn to be an engineer before being a borg engineer. Borg engineer has no hands and in my opinion is for emergency breach closure and body recovery. Engineers can build a lot more than a borg. As an engineer you're going to learn about internals and working in space.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1654