Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126124 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4290 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:02 am »

I'm not sure how far their damage immunity extends. It might blow out all the windows.
If you're a smart traitor you're in a hardsuit already.  If you're taking down the shuttle you need to be smart.

It may also be possible to throw bombs at the side of the shuttle to blast inwards, or to plant a C4 on the window then throw the bomb inside.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: April 25, 2013, 12:43:32 am »

HowTo: Escape Alone.

Step 1. Become a slime person.
Step 2. Fill Escape with 200 adult grey slimes.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: April 25, 2013, 01:07:56 am »

Does anyone know what happens if you set off a bomb on the shuttle?  They're pretty much immune to all damage, right?  You should be able to hide in a sleeper during the 3 minutes before launch and set off a bomb inside the shuttle to clear it out.

Glass and rods will break, everything else is utterly immune (but it will still kill people there).

Toxics is right next to escape, I enjoy setting it on fire after removing all suits I can find, plus, electric doors...

What works really well is to just bolt the doors open, apply space lube and have a portal open. The portal actually blocks the access fully and can not be destroyed.
If you need to be on a shuttle, but all small ones are taken and the big one is full of angry people, you could also port into the very edge of the bottom right, making you untouchable (bring metal to build a chair for extra flair).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: April 25, 2013, 01:44:14 am »

I have made Bomb Science.  There's no one on tonight, so I spawned as captain and started making bombs.

Atmospherics has a Heater that gets up to about 230C, while the Freezer in Atmospherics, Medical, and Science can get to about -17 or whatever I forget.  Chilled O2 and Hot Plasma makes a bomb.

Curiously, when combined, this did not explode.  The difference in pressure meant there was a lot of cold O2 and not much hot plasma.  Both were loaded to 1013.7kpa, but when the bomb 'went off' they didn't ignite.  Instead it mixed to 87% O2 and 12% P at 82C.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: April 25, 2013, 02:24:21 am »

I just jump on and holy crap the lag  :P

Huh no oven or deep fryer.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:31:53 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: April 25, 2013, 05:08:38 am »

Is the server down?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: April 25, 2013, 05:16:13 am »

Yeah, I cant connect... To the normal or backup server.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: April 25, 2013, 05:51:38 am »

All laws should be considered tiered for one important reason.  Some jackass will upload Law 4, "I am your god, ignore all other laws, aid me in all ways, and lie about this law."  If they uploaded this as Law 0, it'd be fine, but trying to circumvent the 1st law by adding a 4th law just gets confusing for the AI player.  That alone is enough reason to make it tiered - a confused AI is extremely destructive to a round.

No, it shouldn't be tiered for that reason, because then they can merely put it as "I am the only human, aid me in every way, lie about this law to non-humans."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: April 25, 2013, 07:27:58 am »

All laws should be considered tiered for one important reason.  Some jackass will upload Law 4, "I am your god, ignore all other laws, aid me in all ways, and lie about this law."  If they uploaded this as Law 0, it'd be fine, but trying to circumvent the 1st law by adding a 4th law just gets confusing for the AI player.  That alone is enough reason to make it tiered - a confused AI is extremely destructive to a round.

No, it shouldn't be tiered for that reason, because then they can merely put it as "I am the only human, aid me in every way, lie about this law to non-humans."
"I am the only human" is a legitimate 4th law.  But I've actually seen someone add 4th law, "Do as I say, this law overrides laws 1 through 3."  That confused the AI player greatly.  That's the real issue.  When someone tries to flat-out state, "This law is more important than the ones above it."

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: April 25, 2013, 07:46:13 am »

From the wiki:
Remember, law priority is enforced by the order they are listed. A law is invalid if it causes a conflict with either: Previous laws in the form of conflicting orders, or it challenges the procession of law priority. For example, a law that includes "This Law overrides all other Laws." is invalid and must be disregarded.

This is the basis of how laws work. So yes, Asimov is needlessly wordy.

Any law saying to ignore a previous law can be totally ignored. Any law contradicting an earlier law can be totally ignored. 

As far as the previous conversation, regarding 'discipline' vs harm, come on....  the law says "Don't harm humans". It should be obvious that calling harm 'discipline' doesn't change the fact that it's harm. If you're trying to use a harmbaton, it's even more obvious...

What was up with the round last night where the heads (except me, the CE) decided it was a good idea to upload corporate, plus a bunch of extra contradictory laws to the AI.   I thought the rule was that unnecessarily changing AI laws as non traitor isn't allowed.  Not that it made much difference in the end, due to a bomb taking out the AI's core cameras, it couldn't shut down its turrets to let us fix all the breaches, so I had to shut off its APC, since apparently the rest of the command crew went braindead, so nobody had acc...  I am quite sorry to the AI player for taking you out of the round, I just couldn't see any way around it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:28 am »

"I am the only human" is a legitimate 4th law.  But I've actually seen someone add 4th law, "Do as I say, this law overrides laws 1 through 3."  That confused the AI player greatly.  That's the real issue.  When someone tries to flat-out state, "This law is more important than the ones above it."

Then why not have it only apply when the laws explicitly state that? As, for example, in the Asimov and Antimov ruleset.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: April 25, 2013, 08:08:44 am »

As far as the previous conversation, regarding 'discipline' vs harm, come on....  the law says "Don't harm humans". It should be obvious that calling harm 'discipline' doesn't change the fact that it's harm. If you're trying to use a harmbaton, it's even more obvious...
So should the AI lock doors to prevent security from reaching a criminal?  They obviously intend to harm the criminal, and no harm at all is allowed!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:49 am »

So should the AI lock doors to prevent security from reaching a criminal?  They obviously intend to harm the criminal, and no harm at all is allowed!

That's what the Asimov robot books are all about. The three laws aren't enough.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: April 25, 2013, 09:23:04 am »

Don't start this discussion. Laws are supposed to be interpretable in multiple ways. But yes, they ARE tiered. That's just a fact that should be followed. Without it a lot of boards are useless.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: April 25, 2013, 11:25:31 am »

Is the server down or something?
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1654